PDA

View Full Version : AZB meet & greet @ the Expo

Timberly
02-05-2006, 03:38 PM
There have been a number of suggestions about the meet & greets which brings me to make this thread. There are some people that will only be there for one day. Others that are either playing in events or that have a booth. I'm trying to accomodate everyone so that everyone can be included. ;)

Here are the options that I've seen so far...

-One meet & greet at the same time everyday.
-Two meet & greets each day (afternoon & then again at night)
-One meet & greet daily but at different times each day. (One day can
be the afternoon, and the next day it can be later at night, etc)

Of course we would love to hear other idea's also. I like the idea of an offsite meet & greet at the Sheraton or a pool room but not everyone has a car or can get away for that period of time.

I'll post more about this later when I know of more but John Barton (onepocketchump) has said that we could also meet at their booth DAILY, I believe after 7 pm and that we could use their tables and hang out there. They usually have a loveseat & some sitting arrangements available. As soon as I talk to John personally and we discuss it, I'll let you guys know what's up with that.

Eydie Romano
02-05-2006, 04:43 PM
My feeling is for the bar between 4-7 and then in the FURY booth from 7 on, daily Thursday, Friday and Sat...

This way people who want to drink will have the option to along with if I remember correctly, it was easier to get seating for large groups earlier in the day then in the evening. IF someone get's there by 4, they should be able to secure seating for a group. Otherwise, I don't think that it will be easy to obtain seating for us. I would be available to get the seating if this is what you all want. I don't play pool, so I would not have a match to be at.

Timberly
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Bump.

Mr. Wilson or Mike, would it be possible to take the old sticky down and make this one a sticky? Thanks!

Rodney
02-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I voted for two a day. Some people may not be able to make it for a certain time, so having two should accomodate most people.

Timberly
02-07-2006, 04:56 AM
BUMP - I guess Mike & Dave don't read this thread. :rolleyes: I'll PM one of them and ask them to make it a sticky.

I would like everyone to have a say in the decision so that we can accomodate & please as many people as possible. Those of you that are going, please put your .02 in! :)

Railbird
02-07-2006, 07:38 PM
BUMP - I guess Mike & Dave don't read this thread. :rolleyes: I'll PM one of them and ask them to make it a sticky.

I would like everyone to have a say in the decision so that we can accomodate & please as many people as possible. Those of you that are going, please put your .02 in! :)

Timberly,
I voted for the two meet & greets each day, If John Barton's offer pans out, it might work out well considering that we could have an early afternoon get together at possibly the Bar, and then later at night at his booth which would certainly be convenient for everyone.
Jim

Timberly
02-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Timberly,
I voted for the two meet & greets each day, If John Barton's offer pans out, it might work out well considering that we could have an early afternoon get together at possibly the Bar, and then later at night at his booth which would certainly be convenient for everyone.
Jim
Thanks Jim. I hope this works out with the fury booth. It would give us a chance to shoot pool together which was the whole point of getting a room with a pool table to begin with. It's very kind of John to work with us on this and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Koop
02-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks Jim. I hope this works out with the fury booth. It would give us a chance to shoot pool together which was the whole point of getting a room with a pool table to begin with. It's very kind of John to work with us on this and I'm looking forward to it. :)

I agree and hope this pans out as well.

Thanks in advance John for at least entertaining the option.

Koop

Skess
02-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I also like the idea of having some place to hit a couple racks. I know my pool schedule will be heavy, but I'm sure I'll be able to make time to get to the meeting place. I'm really looking forward to it.

Koop
02-08-2006, 06:48 AM
I also like the idea of having some place to hit a couple racks. I know my pool schedule will be heavy, but I'm sure I'll be able to make time to get to the meeting place. I'm really looking forward to it.

You're invited but only if you bring some Rolling Rock with you :D
Didn't think I'd miss where you were from did you?

Eric.
02-08-2006, 09:56 AM
I'll vote for Eydie's suggestion.

This might be the least confusing too. If we meet at different locations at different times, each day, it might turn into a scavenger hunt :p

Eric

Bustah360
02-08-2006, 04:07 PM
What are the nearest poolrooms by the expo anywayz? Is there any place that's like 15mins away thats decent? Thx!

Barbara
02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
What are the nearest poolrooms by the expo anywayz? Is there any place that's like 15mins away thats decent? Thx!

There's two - Marlkey Billiards in Norristown and Rack M Up billiards in Frazer.

Markley is a little tricky to get to. The main road, Rt 202 divides around the city of Norristown and Markley is on the southbound lanes which is on the northbound side of the city. I haven't been there in over a decade.

Rack M Up is about 10 minutes away (depending on traffic) south of the Expo. Take Rt 202 south to the second exit to Frazer, Rt 30. Follow Rt 30 East and about 2 miles down the road look for the Frazer Shopping Center (strip mall) on your right hand side. Rack M Up is located in the corner with 14 beautiful Gold Crowns and one gorgeous snooker table with complete accesories.

I prefer Rack M Up.

Barbara

onepocketchump
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
The Fury Booth is available for the newsgroupies to use after 7pm each day. The only things that need to be worked out are access and responsibility. Last year we always had someone from our company who was willing to stay and watch things. I'd like some volunteer help so that the company folks can get some personal time off. They aren't all as pool fanatical as we are. Otherwise, we'll have two tables and hopefully a sound system for some tunes. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - is invited to come and hang out in a totally relaxed enviroment.

I suggest all scores be settled ONLY on the pool table and ONLY in fun.

:-)) John

Timberly
02-08-2006, 04:46 PM
The Fury Booth is available for the newsgroupies to use after 7pm each day. The only things that need to be worked out are access and responsibility. Last year we always had someone from our company who was willing to stay and watch things. I'd like some volunteer help so that the company folks can get some personal time off. They aren't all as pool fanatical as we are. Otherwise, we'll have two tables and hopefully a sound system for some tunes. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - is invited to come and hang out in a totally relaxed enviroment.

Thanks John, you're the BESTEST! ;) I'm sure there won't be a problem finding a few responsible (folks YOU trust) to take turns watching things. :)

Railbird
02-08-2006, 07:34 PM

John,
That is one totally awesome offer.
Jim

Koop
02-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks John, you're the BESTEST! ;) I'm sure there won't be a problem finding a few responsible (folks YOU trust) to take turns watching things. :)

Although he doesn't know me I'd more than happy to volunteer some time to watching over things.

Real nice offer John.

Koop

boradriver
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM

I don't know how much I will be able to help since I hope to be busy atleast for a few days in the tournament and at the action tables, but like the idea of the booth and think it is a great offer. I wish we could have done the room like at DCC. I think we should try it again next year and maybe we can make it work then. Thanks Timberly for all your work and look forward to getting to play you again.

Bustah360
02-09-2006, 07:10 AM
With only 14 tables during the expo, you don't think there'll be long waiting?

There's two - Marlkey Billiards in Norristown and Rack M Up billiards in Frazer.

Markley is a little tricky to get to. The main road, Rt 202 divides around the city of Norristown and Markley is on the southbound lanes which is on the northbound side of the city. I haven't been there in over a decade.

Rack M Up is about 10 minutes away (depending on traffic) south of the Expo. Take Rt 202 south to the second exit to Frazer, Rt 30. Follow Rt 30 East and about 2 miles down the road look for the Frazer Shopping Center (strip mall) on your right hand side. Rack M Up is located in the corner with 14 beautiful Gold Crowns and one gorgeous snooker table with complete accesories.

I prefer Rack M Up.

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
02-09-2006, 07:15 AM
I played at a Midnight Tourney at Markley's last year and it was pretty cool. It kind of reminded of Broadway Billiards. I also went to RackMUp's and it is cozier but I went during the day and there wasn't a wait time. At night I think they may also have a Midnight tourney too.

Eric.
02-09-2006, 09:34 AM

That's a generous offer, John. I think this would be a great place to meet after 7P each day. I'll offer to help out some, if needed. Call me (cell phone#).

Eric

anzelonecases
02-10-2006, 07:21 PM
I haven't posted on here for very long but I've been a reader for some time now. While I have a booth (#40) and won't have much free time I'd love to meet up and see some of you from here. Hope to see everyone there!

deadstroke32
02-17-2006, 07:06 PM

hay jhon i'll help sell some q .And my be get u to play some one hole .i'll try u some 9-6 ..

Timberly
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
hay jhon i'll help sell some q .And my be get u to play some one hole .i'll try u some 9-6 ..
Hey DS, long time no see! Does this mean you're going to be in Valley Forge?

onepocketchump
02-18-2006, 08:30 AM
We will have one 9ft and one 7ft table for everyone to enjoy.

John

classiccues
02-19-2006, 06:18 PM

John

I'll give you hand if need be...

Joe

Eydie Romano
02-19-2006, 06:52 PM

John

John, you know that you can count me in! Whatever it takes and you need, I'm in!

Rodney
02-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Have you come up with any meeting times or places yet?

Rodney

Timberly
02-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Have you come up with any meeting times or places yet?

Rodney
We're definitely going to be having two per day. I've got to figure out the best time. The place will be at the Radisson... I don't rememeber the name of it but I'm sure others here do.

John said that booths are supposed to close up by a certain time. He said he was going to find out how late they could keep their open for us to use the tables. If we can stay there pretty late, I might make that the 2nd meeting place or I might make it at the bar at the Scanticon. I think most of the vendors are staying at the Scanticon so it would easier to meet at that bar for them when we have the 3nd meeting later.

I'll let ya'll know for sure when everything is set in stone and times are worked out. ;)

pool
02-22-2006, 07:38 AM
I will definitely be there. I always hit the Expo for the whole event since I don't get out to any other regional action during the year. I will laso have a small entourage in tow. Personally, I love Rack 'em Up in Frazer. Good people run that place and the environment isn't as frenzied as Markley's. They also like Straight Pool there. An added bonus is that there is a fantastic breakfast spot right next door for when you leave the room at 7:00am! I still like Markley's for the myriad tournaments, though. Drexline Billiards is also worth the trip, but beware the waiting line!

RSB-Refugee
02-22-2006, 10:04 PM
There have been a number of suggestions about the meet & greets which brings me to make this thread. There are some people that will only be there for one day.
I don't know for sure, but I might be able to get there for Saturday and Sunday morning. I hope to see a bunch of you there. :)

Tracy

Purdman
02-23-2006, 01:18 PM
If I can get a 2 day pass and permission from the warden, I may be there. This whole out of state thing has me hung up.
Purdman:eek:

Koop
02-23-2006, 08:06 PM
If I can get a 2 day pass and permission from the warden, I may be there. This whole out of state thing has me hung up.

Ya gotta go buddy.
Even it means seeing that pumpkin in person :eek:

Beer, beer, and mo' beer

Icon of Sin
02-24-2006, 05:11 AM
I can talk to the warden for you...

(No I really can, I work in Central Booking in Baltimore City) LOL.

Seriously though, ya gotta come.:)

Railbird
02-24-2006, 08:48 PM

Hey Purdy,
Don't tell me your not going to make it, I need my yearly taste of the smooth stuff.

Purdman
02-25-2006, 05:11 AM
I'll be there folks. Just got a pass.
Purdman

Icon of Sin
03-01-2006, 10:14 AM
I'll be there folks. Just got a pass.
Purdman
Good news!!!

ScottR
03-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey Purdy,
Don't tell me your not going to make it, I need my yearly taste of the smooth stuff.

Excuse me?!?!? :eek:

Want to rephrase that??? :D

eeng168
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm probably going to head down on Saturday. If everyone is meeting up at night for drinks and some shooting...are we going to break dawn and stay up until the Expo opens up again for Sunday.

Just curious since I would like to hang out and match faces with names but don't have a room. I was going to work there but they wanted me there for 4 days! That's too much...:(

Eydie Romano
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Bob and I are getting in to the airport around 10 am. If anyone is arriving at the same time and is interested in sharing a ride from the airport, PM me and let's meet up.

HighEndCues
03-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I haven't posted on here for very long but I've been a reader for some time now. While I have a booth (#40) and won't have much free time I'd love to meet up and see some of you from here. Hope to see everyone there!

Hi Everyone,
I would like to stop by and say hello to everyone... Being a vendor and playing in the Tourney will make my time limited... Please let me know times and place where the meetings will take place... Stop by my booth to say hello booth #99 (www.highendcues.com). I have a bunch of new special cues bing delivered...
Best,
Ken Kerner

Qnut
03-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Being just a "banger," I'm only playing in the TAP dream team event in Valley Forge. Our team finished 3rd out of 128 last year, so I hope to be around for most of the weekend. I'm not exactly sure when I'll have free time, but I'd love to get together and meet some of the AZB crew if time permits.

After last year, I swore I was going to get a room and stay in the area, but due to my procrastination it looks like that won't be happening. It's only an hour drive for me from S Jersey, but when you're making it at 6am Fri, 11pm Fri, 6am Sat, 1am Sun, 6am Sun...it gets old quickly.

If anyone has interest in a first hand look at the cues I offered for sale here
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=20653 let me know and we can set up something.

I also have a buddy who does cue repairs who may be getting a booth. He's mentioned devoting some space to "consignment" cue sales and if that pans out I may leave my collection with him for better exposure.

If anyone else has a cue they are really interested in selling, let me know and if he gets the booth I'll put you in touch.

Best of luck to everyone who will be competing!

~Chris

Barbara
03-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Chris,

I'm sure that if you spent a little yellowpages.com time and a little dialing on the phone time, you could still find a hotel room within 5 miles of KOP as there are a bunch of hotels in that area now. And it would be worth your while because being rested for your matches is very important.

Good luck.

Barbara

Being just a "banger," I'm only playing in the TAP dream team event in Valley Forge. Our team finished 3rd out of 128 last year, so I hope to be around for most of the weekend. I'm not exactly sure when I'll have free time, but I'd love to get together and meet some of the AZB crew if time permits.

After last year, I swore I was going to get a room and stay in the area, but due to my procrastination it looks like that won't be happening. It's only an hour drive for me from S Jersey, but when you're making it at 6am Fri, 11pm Fri, 6am Sat, 1am Sun, 6am Sun...it gets old quickly.

If anyone has interest in a first hand look at the cues I offered for sale here
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=20653 let me know and we can set up something.

I also have a buddy who does cue repairs who may be getting a booth. He's mentioned devoting some space to "consignment" cue sales and if that pans out I may leave my collection with him for better exposure.

If anyone else has a cue they are really interested in selling, let me know and if he gets the booth I'll put you in touch.

Best of luck to everyone who will be competing!

~Chris

Railbird
03-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Excuse me?!?!? :eek:

Want to rephrase that??? :D

I guess now that I take a second look at it, I should rephrase it.

The Purdman has been quite generous in sharing a special beverage that he has brought with him to the Expo in past years.

Jerry Yost
03-06-2006, 08:47 AM
I will be there for the expo arriving on Friday. Has a schedule of activities been put together:
Meet and greet times and locations?
Tables available - where / when?
Other plans - get togethers at area pool halls?

Qnut
03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Chris,

I'm sure that if you spent a little yellowpages.com time and a little dialing on the phone time, you could still find a hotel room within 5 miles of KOP as there are a bunch of hotels in that area now. And it would be worth your while because being rested for your matches is very important.

Good luck.

Barbara

Thanks for the sound advice Barbara. A couple of the guys on my squad are getting rooms. I'm going to bring a suitcase, and if Saturday works out like it did last year I'll crash with one of them. Being a cheapskate, I hate the idea of dumping a couple hundred bucks on a hotel room I might not even need. Of course with gas prices where they are, it might just be six on one hand, half a dozen on the other. ;)

It turns out my buddy won't be getting a booth. He decided to put it off until next year when he can plan it out a little further. As far as I know, he still plans to offer consignment cue sales for a relatively small price, so when next year approaches, let me know if you have any cues you'd like to get some free exposure.

Echoing the last post and back on topic, has there been any official determination of M&G locations and times?

Eydie Romano
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Woohoo, going to VF in a week from TODAY! Barbara, when are you getting there?

Barbara
03-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Woohoo, going to VF in a week from TODAY! Barbara, when are you getting there?

I'll check into my room Wednesday afternoon, go home, and then have the hubby drive me back over Wednesday night after traffic dies down. I'd like to get the byes backed out on the Open Amateur charts so we don't have to do it Thursday morning.

Barbara

Eydie Romano
03-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I'll check into my room Wednesday afternoon, go home, and then have the hubby drive me back over Wednesday night after traffic dies down. I'd like to get the byes backed out on the Open Amateur charts so we don't have to do it Thursday morning.

Barbara

I get in around 10 am and will go directly to the show. I am available to help if you need me. I've done one or two charts in my day!

BTW~ I found a recipe for candied nutts that uses Brown Sugar Splenda. It rocks! Basic recipe that toasts the nuts first in the pan, then you add the butter, salt and splenda. Its excellent and really rocks if you are on the Adkins diet! I am going to bring you some!;)

Barbara
03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
BTW~ I found a recipe for candied nutts that uses Brown Sugar Splenda. It rocks! Basic recipe that toasts the nuts first in the pan, then you add the butter, salt and splenda. Its excellent and really rocks if you are on the Adkins diet! I am going to bring you some!;)

Just wait till you've tried my nuts. They have been likened to "legal crack cocaine". I've got 60 lbs ready to go.

Barbara

Bustah360
03-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Do you know how much time the players for the amateur open will have to warm on the bar-boxes on thursday morning? I understand the players meeting is 10am with 1st round starting at 11am. Thx!

Barbara

Barbara
03-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Do you know how much time the players for the amateur open will have to warm on the bar-boxes on thursday morning? I understand the players meeting is 10am with 1st round starting at 11am. Thx!

Busta,

It would be great if you would register Wednesday night to get your Expo entry badge. At 8 am the Expo gate opens up so the players can warm up. Remember, there are two floors with tables and NO SMOKING!!

Player's Meeting at 10 am on the upper floor by the Amateur Tourny desk.

Good Rolls!!

Barbara

Jerry Yost
03-09-2006, 06:51 AM
I will be there for the expo arriving on Friday. Has a schedule of activities been put together:
Meet and greet times and locations?
Tables available - where / when?
Other plans - get togethers at area pool halls?

Icon of Sin
03-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I really cant wait for this. Thanks a lot to everyone putting this together, especially Timberly, Eydie, Barbara, onepocketchump (big thanks for letting us use the booth). All your planning for this is greatly appreciated.

So whats the plan with the get together times and such?

Do you guys think we should have some AZ Billiards name tags to identify us?