PDA

View Full Version : Can my Murrey play better?

rackem
02-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Well I posted here a little while ago asking if a Murrey Table the California model was worth $1000 good used condition. Well the $1000 became a lot less and I now own the table. Some one said they play bad. The structure of the table looks sound, I am going to recover it. Are there different cushions I can get to make it play better. Should or can the pockets be tighten.
Are there any table mechanics that can offer suggestions??? :confused: :cool:

ceebee
02-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Well I posted here a little while ago asking if a Murrey Table the California model was worth $1000 good used condition. Well the $1000 became a lot less and I now own the table. Some one said they play bad. The structure of the table looks sound, I am going to recover it. Are there different cushions I can get to make it play better. Should or can the pockets be tighten.

My suggestion is the Champioship Tour Edition (Dual Density Rubber) Cushion. They are very good, I had them on my last table. Thay have more rubber in them & they react very nicely. Installing the cushions really requires some craftsmanship in order to get them glued on straight.

Good Luck...

NineBallNut
02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
the table description on there website only says professional grade rubber. I would agree that the championship rubber would be a good choice. A rubber change is probably the only way to make it play better. But who's to say it wont play good? Just because someone played on a murrey table once that happened to not play well doesn't mean they're all like that. I'm sure i could find a table in every brand that played like crap

Tbeaux
02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
I've played on one that wasn't good but it wasn't the tables fault. It had been redone and assembled poorly.
As long as the slate is flat with no bumpy seams, the cloth is tight and the cushions and rails done right it should play fine.
Don't know about shimming pockets with irons. Sorry.

Terry

rackem
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Are those cushions availale on the net. or are they something that most table mechs. would have available. What about cloth any reccomendations there.

CaptiveBred
02-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Are those cushions availale on the net. or are they something that most table mechs. would have available. What about cloth any reccomendations there.

I got mine at Seyberts.com or something close to that.

Tour = $100
Pro Am = $50

I purchased Pro Am because they were advertised as playing a bit slower.

CaptiveBred
02-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Here they are (http://www.seyberts.com/table_accessories/parts/rail_rubbers/index.htm)