PDA

View Full Version : a striking similiarity

justnum
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Your personality seems much brighter than the nicknames you have just curious as to how you feel about when strange pool players ask you for autographs or to take pictures with you. Because I am new to the sport and I see certain players on tv and its like I want to ask them stuff about their techinques and back story. But at the same time I dont want to seem like a star chaser. How would you handle someone asking to play a friendly game or practice together? And fill that time with some lite conversation.

Melissa Herndon
02-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Your personality seems much brighter than the nicknames you have just curious as to how you feel about when strange pool players ask you for autographs or to take pictures with you. Because I am new to the sport and I see certain players on tv and its like I want to ask them stuff about their techinques and back story. But at the same time I dont want to seem like a star chaser. How would you handle someone asking to play a friendly game or practice together? And fill that time with some lite conversation.

To be honest, all the professional players that I know are happy to chat with other players, fans, etc. They are also very gracious about taking pictures and signing autographs. The only thing that spectators/fans should remember and be considerate about is the timing. If a pro player is walking into the arena to play a match, or if they are inside the arena warming up, or even if they just lost a match...those are not the ideal times to stop a player for an autograph or a chat. But, if you see them walking the hall, or sitting in the audience, or having a drink at the bar...you should feel completely comfortable approaching them.

As far as outside the professional arena, I would guess that all the players are different. I would be happy to play some friendly games with someone, but I wouldn't necessarily set up a practice session with them. I have a couple of regular practice partners, who know my game, are familiar with my style, and can help me get my game in gear. And in my opinion, practice partners should be fairly close in skill level. If I play with someone whose game is below mine, I find it hard to really bear down after a while. I like practicing with players who are going to make me work for my wins.

Melissa

Timberly
02-07-2006, 04:58 PM
She also likes getting autographed. :D

Hey chicky, hope all is well. Justnum, Melissa is one of the coolest people around. If you ever get a chance to go to Vegas during an event, try to catch her at the bar. (most anytime is ok cause she's cool like that) but at the bar is when she's really laughing and just having a good time. She'll probably even buy you a beer. ;)

Melissa Herndon
02-08-2006, 10:46 AM
She also likes getting autographed. :D

Hey chicky, hope all is well. Justnum, Melissa is one of the coolest people around. If you ever get a chance to go to Vegas during an event, try to catch her at the bar. (most anytime is ok cause she's cool like that) but at the bar is when she's really laughing and just having a good time. She'll probably even buy you a beer. ;)

Speaking of which...

Am I going to be buying YOU a beer in Vegas this year, Timberly? (My oh-so sneaky way of finding out if you are coming :D )

M

justnum
02-08-2006, 01:08 PM
if I did goto vegas I'd definitely buy Melissa a drink. Thanks for putting words in Melissa's forum board representing her drink offering services. But I have no problem being offered a drink and she makes the pool players sound down to earth(and not like those pampered athletes of some other sport). Melissa should be doing PR for the sport with answers thorough and non-contradictory as hers.

wakuljr
02-08-2006, 03:26 PM
buy her a "purple nerple".........i hope that is what it is called. i can't quite remember....lol

Melissa Herndon
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
buy her a "purple nerple".........i hope that is what it is called. i can't quite remember....lol

It's actually a "purple hooter" shot, Johnny. And you should remember because I think we drank about 50 of them....between you, me, Dave, Stef and your other friend!

M

Timberly
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Speaking of which...

Am I going to be buying YOU a beer in Vegas this year, Timberly? (My oh-so sneaky way of finding out if you are coming :D )

M
I wish I could give you a definite yes. I quit the job I had for the last two yrs and I'm working for a temp service while I look for a permanent job. If I'm still with the temp service then I'll be there. I have an interview on Tue for a permanent job...if I get a permanent job, chances are, I won't be able to get the time off. It just depends on what the job is and how many people are in my dept doing what I do. Usually the jobs that I do, it's just me and it's a hardship for the other employees when I'm off. Hopefully that won't be the case and I'll be able to get away.

As soon as I know, you'll know. Too soon to tell just yet. ;)

wakuljr
02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
It's actually a "purple hooter" shot, Johnny. And you should remember because I think we drank about 50 of them....between you, me, Dave, Stef and your other friend!

M

LOL, i know we had way to much fun......i still have the pics by the way. but after all the purple hooters and beer......i have to rely on the pics to get an idea on what happened. i can't remember if i crashed that nite in dave's room.