PDA

View Full Version : kornelle custom cue

Varsity2016
02-06-2006, 04:03 PM
anyone ever hear of kornelle custom cues? i came across one, this guys trying to sell me, amazing looking cue, handmade points, says he wants $450 for it, the only problem is that the ferrel (which is ivory) is cut too small compared to the shaft, its not visually noticeable but you can feel it when sliding your fingers up and down, anybody know what these kornelle cues go for?

titlistsucker
02-06-2006, 04:11 PM
they are made by Steve, at one time apprenticed to Verl Horn. After Horn died in 99, he form a partnership with Greg Whittingham to make WW cues. Parted ways 2 years later and has made his own cues ever since. He is in the 3rd Ed Blue book i believe.

Bgrds
Raist

Varsity2016
02-07-2006, 12:44 PM
nobody else knows of him?

pooldogue
02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I know of him and Raist is dead on in his description..... I have never owned or played with one but i have had a few sets of joint protectors made by him and they where fantastic.......:)

Guru
02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
anyone ever hear of kornelle custom cues? i came across one, this guys trying to sell me, amazing looking cue, handmade points, says he wants $450 for it, the only problem is that the ferrel (which is ivory) is cut too small compared to the shaft, its not visually noticeable but you can feel it when sliding your fingers up and down, anybody know what these kornelle cues go for?
No info on Kornelle, sorry. But, you might want to be careful with that shaft. Often when a ferrule is too small it's actually that the wood has swelled, usually from being wet. If it's bad enough it affects the play of the shaft, and can be structurally unsound.

VonRhett
02-07-2006, 01:51 PM

I recently ordered an 8-point cue directly from Steve. When it arrived I was surprised at the quality. He does really nice work from his one-man shop in OK. Hand-cut, razor sharp points and a great finish. And his JPs are the nuts for the money.

ryeth
02-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't know about his cues... but I got him to make me some JP's for my X Breaker and they are awesome! Great deal for the money.

duke@neo.rr.com
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM

$450 sounds a little high to me. I bought one last year from Steve himself and paid nowhere near that. it played well but I guess I don't like ivory ferrules. do what you will.

SirBanksALot
02-07-2006, 04:06 PM
I was a WW dealer when Steve Kornele and Greg started WW cues. I received my first shipment (6 cues) and was very impressed with the cues, i.e, the way the played, the way they looked as well as the overall feel of the cue. Five of those 6 cues sold within a month (I kept the 6th as a playing cue). The second shipment was even better. Although Greg W was acting as the lead guy in WW - I later found out that Steve was basically doing all the work and most of the cuebuilding. Steve is an honorable guy that makes a great product. I don't think anyone can go too far wrong buying one of his cues.:)

buddha162
02-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I've ordered JP's from him in the past, and his customer service and professionalism was outstanding.

-Roger

alhambra
02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
kekeke...raist try to sound smart from copy info from blue book...kekeke

Tokyo-dave
02-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Years ago, I bought a WW cue directly from one of them. The cue deal went well, with it arriving in great shape and in timely fashion to my Japanese address. It was a pointless solid piece of some of the nicest bem I've ever seen. And the work on the wrap and other parts of the cue were flawless. However, this cue deflected more than any other cue I had ever played with. Inside english shots were out of the question, and without stretching the truth, a close and simple cut like the one below with normal outside english had me aiming for a full hit on the object ball in order to make the cut.
That cue deflected so bad, that my mentor, a local Japanse pro wanted the cue to keep for thrills. He keeps it along with his off centered gag cue ball.
I slapped a 314 on it, and it started to play normally. I don't know why it played so terribly, because the shaft was actually a little soft and actually felt great. I would assume that most of his cues are great players, and I can attest to his great workmanship and his nice stock of woods, but in being totally honest, I got one of the duds.
START(
%AK1J0%PX6K6%UE2D7%VJ6I2%eA7a0

)END