PDA

View Full Version : Master Rack and Chameleon Rack

JasonDevanney
02-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Having been gravely disappointed with the Sardo Rack, has anyone used the Master Rack or Chameleon?

I've noticed the Chameleon can be used for 9ball, can the Master Rack be used for this or is it just a 15 ball rack?

AuntyDan
02-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Having been gravely disappointed with the Sardo Rack, has anyone used the Master Rack or Chameleon?

I've noticed the Chameleon can be used for 9ball, can the Master Rack be used for this or is it just a 15 ball rack?

Have you been disappointed by an older model Sardo rack or by the new 5000 model. (That as far as I know no-one has received delivery of yet.) What are you disappointed about it that you hope to improve upon in the other rack brands you mention. (I have not tried these either, but am seriously considering getting a Sardo 5000 as soon as they start actually shipping them.)

Icon of Sin
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
(That as far as I know no-one has received delivery of yet.)
You knoweth quite far, LOL

I have had my order in with BCN for a while and they just keep getting pushed back a week. and then another week. etc. etc.

AuntyDan
02-06-2006, 09:04 PM
You knoweth quite far, LOL

I have had my order in with BCN for a while and they just keep getting pushed back a week. and then another week. etc. etc.

Maybe the non-delivery is what is disappointing him?

Merlinium
02-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I play UK 8ball so have no experience with the Sardo or Chameleon racks (ball size is different) but I own a Master Rack (Uk 8ball version).

I think the Master Rack is well constructed and it is also preferable that the table does not need "training" before use, the rack itself is simple to use and when the rack is not depressed there is plenty of clearance making it simple to remove from the table without disturbing the pack.

The downside is that the Master Rack has very little functionality on bar tables that have had a lot of play because the balls still fall into the pre-existing divots (made by the numerous idiots who ignore the racking cloth and proceed to throw or drop balls on the table).

If you have access to (or own) a table where the cloth is in a good condition I would recommend the Master Rack, it is not a great deal of money and it provides a solid rack..

Dave Mackay
02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi Jason mate, i've got a chameleon on order but like everyone else i'm waiting for production/suplliers to catch up with demand, the chameleon is supposed to do 8/9 and 10 ball which i dont think some of the others do. I've got a joe porper jam up rack which is good for getting balls tight but only on a good table, once the numpties have been banging balls it becomes a night mare. I reckon for most tables you can get a good set with a ROLL-A-RACK. You can have a go with mine as i have one too when we hook up for some one pocket.

Cornerman
02-10-2006, 08:30 AM

The Chameleon can be used for full rack, 9-ball, 10-ball. The current Master Rack is only a full rack.

I have had the Master Rack for several months. I started with brand spanking new cloth (Granito Basalt), and now have several month old cloth. Although the Master Rack pushed the ball together perfectly, nothing kept them frozen together. So, I personally was never able to consistently get a frozen rack. I read the instructions over and over, and still no tight rack.Other people seem to have positive results, so it could be just me and my table.

I'll sell mine to anyone at a discount if anyone's interested.

Fred

Hal
02-10-2006, 09:11 AM
I have a cocobolo Diamond rack on order. $100.00 ouch

JasonDevanney
02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
I think i'm gonna go with the Chameleon Rack- Does anyone know where i can order one?

We have one guy in the U.K. but he has them on a couple of weeks back order.

Cornerman
02-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I think i'm gonna go with the Chameleon Rack- Does anyone know where i can order one?

We have one guy in the U.K. but he has them on a couple of weeks back order.

http://www.rst2international.com/

JasonDevanney
02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks Fred!