PDA

View Full Version : Attn Mike Howerton

1pRoscoe
02-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Mike -

I have been asking about this via PM/email since November and have yet to receive any reply whatsoever....

To: Mike Howerton <housepro@azbilliards.com>
Date: Jan 27, 2006 8:37 AM
Subject: auction items

Mike -

Back in November I inquired on the Sniper tips that I won. You had mentioned that you were going to hang on to them until I paid for the accustats tape and ship them at the same time. It was at this time that I paid for them as well.

It's been several months and I have yet to see anything. Any updates?

-R

Please respond.

Sniper tips -
Date Type Status Details Amount
Sep. 23, 2005 Payment To AzBilliards.com Cleared Details -$15.00 USD

AccuStat tape
Dec. 6, 2005 Payment To AzBilliards.com Cleared ... -$15.00 USD

Purdman
02-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Mike -

I have been asking about this via PM/email since November and have yet to receive any reply whatsoever....

To: Mike Howerton <housepro@azbilliards.com>
Date: Jan 27, 2006 8:37 AM
Subject: auction items

Mike -

Back in November I inquired on the Sniper tips that I won. You had mentioned that you were going to hang on to them until I paid for the accustats tape and ship them at the same time. It was at this time that I paid for them as well.

It's been several months and I have yet to see anything. Any updates?

-R

Please respond.

Sniper tips -
Sep. 23, 2005 Payment To AzBilliards.com Cleared Details -$15.00 USD

AccuStat tape
Dec. 6, 2005 Payment To AzBilliards.com Cleared ... -$15.00 USD

You reap what you sow Rosco!!!!

1pRoscoe
02-07-2006, 10:12 AM
You reap what you sow Rosco!!!!

And what exactly does that mean, Don?

1pRoscoe
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
bump........

btw - thanks for the PM, Don ;)

henho
02-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Either that, or just some really good cannibus.

PoolSleuth
02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
And what exactly does that mean, Don?

I don't know but check your PMssss:rolleyes:

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 06:35 AM
and again.....

Koop
02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
BUMP....

You can't expect to offer prizes and then ignore the winner of the prize. This should be bumped every time it slips below 2 or 3 from the top.

Koop
02-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Bump, Bump...

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Bump, Bump...

That's what friends are for....

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
get on up there!!!

Koop
02-08-2006, 01:23 PM
BIMP as Clouseau would say.

C'Mon, give the guy an answer.

Rude Dog
02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
BIMP as Clouseau would say.

C'Mon, give the guy an answer.
Hey Koop, all these BUMPS are gettin' me wired.:eek: I gotta find an N.A. meeting tonight, LOL.:D

Koop
02-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey Koop, all these BUMPS are gettin' me wired.:eek: I gotta find an N.A. meeting tonight, LOL.:D

:D Anything to keep this on top.

It's pretty bad when you are running the show and won't even answer a question as simple as this.

zeeder
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I took the hit that I was given and then I bumped up and I bumped again...

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 02:56 PM

and said........ How do I get back down to.... the place where I get the stuff I paid for??

:D

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I see you, Mike.........

AzHousePro - Online
Administrator
Last Activity: Today 03:46 PM
Moderator Control Panel @ 03:46 PM

Mr. Wilson
02-08-2006, 03:12 PM
You could email or PM him.

ScottW
02-08-2006, 03:13 PM

Read his initial post in the thread :)

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 03:17 PM
see below, taken from the initial post in this thread.......

Koop
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
I see you, Mike.........

AzHousePro - Online
Administrator
Last Activity: Today 03:46 PM
Moderator Control Panel @ 03:46 PM

This is amazing.

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm starting to wonder exactly how much money went to the Red Cross....

Koop
02-08-2006, 08:17 PM

Honestly, I would have never questioned it but this is getting ridiculous.

1pRoscoe
02-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Honestly, I would have never questioned it but this is getting ridiculous.

Neither would I, however as many that have contacted me with the same problem, I'm starting to see what's really going on.....

Only one person can explain.....

Koop
02-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Neither would I, however as many that have contacted me with the same problem, I'm starting to see what's really going on.....

Only one person can explain.....

BUMP AGAIN.

This is really sad if the owner, who I hope I'm wrong, swindled people out of goods they bid on.

Mike, please, put this to rest with an explanation.

Koop

Zestyfool
02-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey maybe he could make this one of those sticky post where it stays at the top????:D :D :D .......hopefully he wont delete this thread like he has with so many others. Shorty dont you go reporting this either I am sure mike will find this post all by himself.

Mr. Wilson
02-09-2006, 04:08 AM
WoW it looks like the moderator/Owner of the site is a crook!!! (hopefully not) That red cross money went right in his pocket for another 8ball of coke!! Stupid druggies!!:)

That got you a warning.

Mr. Wilson
02-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Strike that, this is "lukeinva" who is banned, now all three of your personalities are done.

PoolSleuth
02-09-2006, 05:57 AM

Same on you 1pRoscoe, BAD Doggie (see your Avatar . :mad:

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 06:23 AM

I don't get what you are saying, Bruce...... :confused:

tom haney
02-09-2006, 06:37 AM
WoW it looks like the moderator/Owner of the site is a crook!!! (hopefully not) That red cross money went right in his pocket for another 8ball of coke!! Stupid druggies!!:)

You VILL retract that statement or you VILL be banned!

Koop
02-09-2006, 06:41 AM

Bruce,

Please try to make sense when posting.

Mr. Wilson,

You are obviously aware of this thread so could you please alert Mike to it. He really needs to explain what is going on because this affects all future auctions through this site.
If members can't be certain whether or not they will receive their winnings then all credibility is out the window.

Koop

EDIT: Mike, no one will hold it against you if it was an honest mistake. Just do the right thing here.

Hal
02-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Strike that, this is "lukeinva" who is banned, now all three of your personalities are done.
Thank you for the proper explanation.

Koop
02-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Bump.......

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 09:35 AM
almost 1100 views and no response....

Black-Balled
02-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't get what you are saying, Bruce...... :confused:
I think he means he was this->O0<- close to being illiterate.

Koop
02-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Per the advice of Mr. Wilson, I have PM'd Mike in hopes that he will do the right thing here.

Mike,

I can't speak for everyone but I sure would like to know what's going on and why Roscoe hasn't seen his winning auction items.

In my opinion this goes directly to the credibility of any like auction in the future.

Koop

landshark77
02-09-2006, 10:10 AM

With a tick tock rhythm and a bump for the drop, and then I bumped up.

Wally in Cincy
02-09-2006, 10:40 AM
That got you a warning.

If that gets a warning what is the punishment for taking folks' money for certain items and subsequently not delivering said items?

Chris
02-09-2006, 10:43 AM
With a tick tock rhythm and a bump for the drop, and then I bumped up.

I took the hit I was given
Then I bumped again
And then I bumped again

kidrock
02-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I took the hit I was given
Then I bumped again
And then I bumped again

I got this feeling that I heard this phrase from a song.. don't know exactly what though :rolleyes:

Purdman
02-09-2006, 10:51 AM
I got this feeling that I heard this phrase from a song.. don't know exactly what though :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like he hit a rock and liked it. Kinda like booting it a few times. JMHO
Purdman:eek:

Chris
02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Sounds to me like he hit a rock and liked it. Kinda like booting it a few times. JMHO
Purdman:eek:

From the same song:

Doing cr*st*l m*th
Will lift you up until you break
It won’t stop, I won’t come down, I keep stock

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
If that gets a warning what is the punishment for taking folks' money for certain items and subsequently not delivering said items?

I do know that Mike has banned anyone that ripped someone off...... wonder what happens next?

AzHousePro Offline
Administrator
Last Activity: Yesterday 10:47 PM

PoolSleuth
02-09-2006, 11:14 AM

Let me see if I can make sense of my post. 1pRosco said “I'm starting to wonder exactly how much money went to the Red Cross”

1pRosco’s Avatar is a Dog. Doggie.

I personally know of the history of the American Red Cross & it Charters shall we say not using donations collect for X-Cause for X-Cause.

But I did not think it was cool to say .

“I'm starting to wonder exactly how much money went to the Red Cross”

Thus BAD DOGGIE ;)

As I believe our Board Owner is an Honorable MAN, who did what he said he was doing with monies colleted for the Red Cross.

Now I do not understand why he has not made contract with 1pRosco about his tips he bid upon and won.

Plus hope AZHousePro does contact 1pRosco ASAP...:cool:

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Let me see if I can make sense of my post. 1pRosco said “I'm starting to wonder exactly how much money went to the Red Cross”

1pRosco’s Avatar is a Dog. Doggie.

I personally know of the history of the American Red Cross & it Charters shall we say not using donations collect for X-Cause for X-Cause.

But I did not think it was cool to say .

“I'm starting to wonder exactly how much money went to the Red Cross”

Thus BAD DOGGIE ;)

As I believe our Board Owner is an Honorable MAN, who did what he said he was doing with monies colleted for the Red Cross.

Now I do not understand why he has not made contract with 1pRosco about his tips he bid upon and won.

Plus hope AZHousePro does contact 1pRosco ASAP...:cool:

ahhh..... gotcha. ;)

There is one subtle difference though..... I have a great dog :p

buddha162
02-09-2006, 11:27 AM
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

-Roger

RonsTheOne
02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Maybe somebody should bump this thread:rolleyes:

AzHousePro
02-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Just got an IM from one of the users today pointing this thread out. I will read PMs in just a bit and I am sure I will see Koops message there.

As far as I know, everyone who won items (except for Ross) has received their items. At least I have not heard from anyone else who has not received their package. Ross won two items and there was a delay in sending his items because he had paid for one but not the other. I do have payment on both items now and will get his package in the mail to him today. My only excuse is that I am not as organized as I should be and getting the package mailed slipped through the cracks.

As for the auction itself. I still have all of the moneys donated in the bank because I still have items that need to be posted. (That would also be the reason that the auction link is still on the front page of the site). I have hoped each week that I would be able to get the pics taken of the items and get them posted but I have not done so yet.

To be honest, I think the best solution at this point is to either return the items I still have and donate the moneys I have received, or hand the last of the items off to someone else who has the time to finish this up and let them handle it.

The entire thing comes down to time. When we started the auction, I thought I would have the time to handle it all. It turned out that I didn't. Changes that have taken place in my personal life recently have left me with even less time than I had anticipated. (I won't go into details because it is really not something for public discussion)

Mike

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 12:07 PM
As far as I know, everyone who won items (except for Ross) has received their items. At least I have not heard from anyone else who has not received their package. Ross won two items and there was a delay in sending his items because he had paid for one but not the other. I do have payment on both items now and will get his package in the mail to him today. My only excuse is that I am not as organized as I should be and getting the package mailed slipped through the cracks.

So why was I the only one to be left out? As I understand there is still a cue that is unaccoutned for....

Please don't lay the blame on me for the delay, both items have been paid for since the 1st week of Dec05 - 2mths. I posted the transaction cleared dates in the original post of this thread.

Yes, I was leary in paying for the second auction won as there was quite the latency in getting the first item that I paid for, so yes, I was skeptical. You posted up and said that you would mail them both once they were paid for since I won the second auction. I believed this to be a slight cop-out, as you were merely speculating - there were several weeks inbetween winning auctions. What if I hadn't won the second one??

To be honest, I think the best solution at this point is to either return the items I still have and donate the moneys I have received, or hand the last of the items off to someone else who has the time to finish this up and let them handle it.

If you are unable to complete the obligation, maybe they shouldn't have been committed to in the first place.

If this had happened in a transaction in the for sale/wanted area, I think that you would've already banned the guilty party.

Thank you for responding.

PoolSleuth
02-09-2006, 12:25 PM

Mike

Well it seems Ross will get his stuff shorty.:D

AzHousePro
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Roscoe, I am not in any way trying to lay any of the blame on your shoulders. I am simply explaining why your items were not sent out at the same time as the other items.

I believe the cue you are talking about is a cue that was donated to be auctioned and it is here waiting to be auctioned.

You are absolutely right, I should have not started the auction if I didn't think I would have the ability to give it the time it deserved. I over extended myself timewise and am paying for it now.

Mike

PoolSleuth
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
<snort,snort> Pool Sleuth said SHORTY.
Doug

I admit I am a POOR PROOF Reader....:mad:

Koop
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Roscoe, I am not in any way trying to lay any of the blame on your shoulders. I am simply explaining why your items were not sent out at the same time as the other items.

I believe the cue you are talking about is a cue that was donated to be auctioned and it is here waiting to be auctioned.

You are absolutely right, I should have not started the auction if I didn't think I would have the ability to give it the time it deserved. I over extended myself timewise and am paying for it now.

Mike

Thanks for clearing this up Mike.

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I admit I am a POOR PROOF Reader....:mad:

You don't have to proof-read anything when you are retired and do well.... :)

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 12:36 PM

Mike

Thank you for the reply, I look forward to seeing the items soon...............

-Ross

PoolSleuth
02-09-2006, 12:41 PM
You don't have to proof-read anything when you are retired and do well.... :)

Retirement is doing what you want to do when you want to do it, and only answer to the Wife & Dog...:rolleyes:

Wife lets me play pool, spend money, and have fun so she is a keeper...:D

Proof Reading is Tought when Watching US Open 9 Ball Tapes from 01....:D

1pRoscoe
02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Wife lets me play pool, spend money, and have fun so she is a keeper...:D

Eh, not too shabby....

Timberly
02-09-2006, 04:12 PM

Mike
I think he was referencing the Predator that I won the 1st wkend of Dec. I haven't said anything because I misplaced the box of cue balls that I got signed at the open & it took me 3 months to get them to you. I told Ross that it was only fair that I wait 3 months before I said anything. ;)

If you would like, you can send me the cue balls as I have another charity that I can donate them to. A good friend runs a large charity pool tournament each year and would love to have them. I was going to get some cue balls signed for her while I was at Derby but she wasn't able to get them to me before I left. Whatever works best for you.

X Breaker
02-09-2006, 04:20 PM

Mike
Mike,
You do what you have to do and you have tried your best. We are all human and sometimes you just cannot help it. Don't worry about it.:)
Richard

AzHousePro
02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
That might be the best solution. I will send them at the same time I send the cue out to you.

Should be able to do so tomorrow.

Mike

1pRoscoe
02-10-2006, 06:16 AM
So when is all of the money that was supposed to be donated 6 months ago going to actually be sent??????

PoolSleuth
02-10-2006, 07:13 AM
So when is all of the money that was supposed to be donated 6 months ago going to actually be sent??????

Fair question.........:)

NUFF SAID

1pRoscoe
02-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Fair question.........:)

NUFF SAID

I thought so too...... After all, it was our monies to donate with the right intentions.....

1pRoscoe
02-10-2006, 01:02 PM
What was the total amount collected?

Purdman
02-10-2006, 01:46 PM
They are gonna take a tally tomorrow!
Purd

AzHousePro
02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I was holding the money expecting to be able to donate it all at one time when the other items were auctioned.

Since I will be returning the other items, I will do a final tally and post all of the numbers here for the world to see.

Mike

AzHousePro
02-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh, and to answer the other question...

I have $3,311 in total donations for items. Plus another $1000 in a personal check from Cornerstone Custom Cues made out to their charity of choice.

Mike

!Smorgass Bored
02-10-2006, 07:22 PM
[AzHousePro]Oh, and to answer the other question...
I have $3,311 in total donations for items.
Mike

I hate to say this Mike,but it's been so many months since Katrina hit,that perhaps you should donate the entire $3,311 to the Department Of Urban Growth.
Simply make the check out to D.O.U.G. and I'll take it from there. OK ?
(and please hurry)
Doug

Purdman
02-11-2006, 05:29 AM
[AzHousePro]Oh, and to answer the other question...
I have $3,311 in total donations for items.
Mike

I hate to say this Mike,but it's been so many months since Katrina hit,that perhaps you should donate the entire $3,311 to the Department Of Urban Growth.
Simply make the check out to D.O.U.G. and I'll take it from there. OK ?
(and please hurry)

I think the P.U.R.D.Y. International Childrens Fund would be a wise choice myself. I got kids all over the place who ain't never seen their daddy. Please Help.
Purdman:D

NittiFan
02-11-2006, 06:28 AM
I think the P.U.R.D.Y. International Childrens Fund would be a wise choice myself. I got kids all over the place who ain't never seen their daddy. Please Help.
Purdman:D

Purdman How about the foundation to:
Protect &
Unite
Relatives,
Dads &
Youngins

:cool: Mike

1pRoscoe
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh, and to answer the other question...

I have $3,311 in total donations for items. Plus another $1000 in a personal check from Cornerstone Custom Cues made out to their charity of choice.

Mike

I understand why you never did sent the money in, I just don't understand why you continued to hold on to it for so long without saying anything to anyone. In essence, that is "our" money that has been collected to donate to a useful cause during a crisis. I feel that you have deceived us to a certain extent.

My feelings are that you should donate what you have now. No telling when the future auction might take place.

If you would like, I'd be happy to finish anything left that needs to be done. If things need to be mailed/auctioned/etc, please let me know what I can do to help right the situation.

-Ross

sizl
02-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I would like to commend both of you guys (Ross & Mike) for resolving this matter without all of the mud-slinging.:o Very diplomatic with a touch of class. Very admirable IMO. :D It would be great if all disputes on this forum could be handled in this manner.;)

PoolSleuth
02-11-2006, 09:43 AM
I would like to commend both of you guys (Ross & Mike) for resolving this matter without all of the mud-slinging.:o Very diplomatic with a touch of class. Very admirable IMO. :D It would be great if all disputes on this forum could be handled in this manner.;)

As Roy & Dale (Roy Rogers, and Dale Evens) would say at the end of each of their the Shows HAPPY TRAILS.

Think all that needs to be said on the subject, has been said on the subject by involved parties, as what is done is done, and is now History. That History can not be corrected but use as a learning experience to those who were involved, and all who read the thread.;)

Personally talking Pool, Cues, Cases, and Pool Related STUFF is more enjoyable...IMO......:D

1pRoscoe
02-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Well I received the tips yesterday - thank you, still haven't seen any one pocket accustat tapes at all...... Any updates, Mike?

PoolSleuth
02-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Well I received the tips yesterday - thank you, still haven't seen any one pocket accustat tapes at all...... Any updates, Mike?

No one pocket accustat tapes YES BUMMER :(

1pRoscoe
02-15-2006, 09:26 AM
No one pocket accustat tapes YES BUMMER :(

I guess it's like the old saying, "All good things to those who wait.......and wait...... and wait......."

1pRoscoe
02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Just curious.....

AzHousePro
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
It will be coming in a separate package. Should be there this week.

Mike

1pRoscoe
02-16-2006, 06:13 AM
It will be coming in a separate package. Should be there this week.

Mike

Thank you for the response, I look forward to it.

PoolSleuth
02-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Thank you for the response, I look forward to it.

.Hopefully your package will move towards you with the Speed of Efrin's Brake Ball................;)

1pRoscoe
02-17-2006, 08:47 AM
It came as Mike said it would.

Thanks for following through. I am now a happy camper.

iacas
02-17-2006, 10:00 AM
.Hopefully your package will move towards you with the Speed of Efrin's Brake Ball................;)
22 MPH seems kinda slow for package delivery...

PoolSleuth
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
22 MPH seems kinda slow for package delivery...

Looks like a Speeding Bullet to me....:rolleyes:

Timberly
02-23-2006, 09:02 PM
That might be the best solution. I will send them at the same time I send the cue out to you.

Should be able to do so tomorrow.

Mike
Mike, could you have these to me by Valley Forge? I don't remember all the signatures that I got and the lady that puts on the charity tournament bought some cue balls to get signed in Valley Forge. I would like to give her a list of everyone that we have so far so that she can focus on getting autographs that we don't already have.

Thanks

Timberly
02-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Mike, could you have these to me by Valley Forge? I don't remember all the signatures that I got and the lady that puts on the charity tournament bought some cue balls to get signed in Valley Forge. I would like to give her a list of everyone that we have so far so that she can focus on getting autographs that we don't already have.

Thanks
Mike, did you see this? I was going to send a PM but I know you get backed up on those and sometimes don't get around to them for awhile. I see you reading the forums sometimes so I'm hoping you see this.

Thanks