PDA

View Full Version : VF pro event is 8 ball

Timberly
02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I didn't know this until just now when I was looking over the website. Interesting.... Unless I missed something, this is the first UPA sanctioned 8 ball event isn't it?

http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/proevents.html

There's a lot of great players out there, let this be an announcement to every single one of them!

If you think you've got what it takes, this is the tournament for you: the Gabriels Open 8 Ball Professional Players Championship. In the past, our feature Pro event has always been battled over 9-ball, but this year the challenge will be fought over 8-ball. Come to Valley Forge to battle it out among the top players in the world in front of one of the most talented, experienced live crowds on the professional circuit. The audience at Valley Forge makes the event even more exciting, since they're some of the best amateur players in the country! The players watching from the stands may be playing against you next year, so you better bring your best game...

Reigning champion Shawn Putnam will attempt to battle off all contenders to defend his title. You'll be entertained as 64 of the World's greatest pool players battle for a piece of the $20,000 ADDED MONEY prize fund! Come see top ranked players such as Rodney Morris, Ralf Souquet, Francisco Bustamante, Efren Reyes, and many more... As we grow a definitive list of who is playing, we will let you know exactly who will be here. The Open 8-Ball Professional Players Championship is sanctioned by the UPA, so you can expect to see lots of your favorite UPA shooters....

Thursday-Saturday
2 Sessions daily:
Day Session 11-5pm, Evening Session 6-Midnight

Sunday
Semifinals begin at 11am
Finals begin at 3pm

Rich R.
02-08-2006, 04:53 AM
I didn't know this until just now when I was looking over the website. Interesting.... Unless I missed something, this is the first UPA sanctioned 8 ball event isn't it?
Timberly, I'm don't think it was UPA sanctioned, but, several years ago, the men did play 8-ball at VF. It was in 2002.
The WPBA was playing 9-ball upstairs, the last year they had a full WPBA tournament at VF.
The men were playing 8-ball downstairs.
I believe Troy Frank won the 8-ball tournament, IIRC.