PDA

View Full Version : Amateur & Part Time Players:Fair Chance of winning

koreandragon
02-08-2006, 12:11 PM
If you love to play in tournaments but you arent a serious threat to win big tournaments regional or national, this is for you.
Theres going to be an amateur only event in Las Vegas during UPA US Pro Tour Championships
No pros, semi-pros, or top rated amateurs can play

Its a great opportunity for decent amateurs everywhere to have a fair shot at $7000 in 1st place money in 3 different tournaments

Full details are at www.dragonpromotions.com

Good luck!

Eydie Romano
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Charlie~

What tables are you usine and who is doing the tournament direction for the amateur event? Please answer.

Thanks,

Eydie

JAM
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I think this is a great opportunity and commend the UPA for making this happen. At Binions, no less! It should be a fun event. :)

There are MANY pool players in my area who will be interested in playing in this venue. The description of "no pros, semi-pros, or top rated amateurs can play" leaves the eligibility requirements somewhat vague.

Would a player who won a regional tour event, such as Joss, Tiger/Planet Pool, Viking, Blaze, be ineligible to enter the UPA Amateur Championship at Binions in March?

JAM

uwate
02-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Charlie,
You once ran a women's tournament in Orlando that was suppose to be for APA ladies only, no pros allowed, races on 9ft tables. The ladies came to the tournament and the format was changed to open to all ladies, races to three single elimination on 7 ft tables. I know one lady that drove 4.5 hrs from Miami to attend, only to lose her first match and was finished in 10 min.

She asked you at the time how this could come to pass since she held a flier that stated the format explicitly. Your response to her was that You could do whatever you wanted, it was your tournament. I'm not about to disagree one bit that as the tournament promoter and organizer you probably are empowered to make such changes. Instead my question focuses on how do I as the amateur player know that things will not come to pass the same way in Las Vegas?

Tom In Cincy
02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Single Elimination.

128 players in 8 Hours? HOW many tables are there?

March 22 : 9 Ball Warm Up
1st Place $1000 Guarantee
Early entry fee: $25 (includes $5 reg fee)
March 17 and after : Entry $35
Players meeting and entry deadline : 10am March 22

Event will be over by 8pm March 22 before the 8 Ball Open Begins

Race to 6 Single Elimination Winner Breaks Loser pays table

Limited to 128 Players

Koop
02-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Charlie~

Please answer.

Thanks,

Eydie

Good thing you put that there Eydie. He usually never replies to a single inquiry.
Hopefully he sees the please :D