PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance On Ipt

reformed
02-09-2006, 10:29 AM
does anyony think that the new players to the game can win a tournament or even possibly win the series players from outside of emerican pool like the 8 ball and snooker players from the uk and some of the australians as they are better cueists as in tecnique and all round skill can they adapt to the new cues and table to be a real force?

tbone1213
02-09-2006, 11:03 AM
does anyony think that the new players to the game can win a tournament or even possibly win the series players from outside of emerican pool like the 8 ball and snooker players from the uk and some of the australians as they are better cueists as in tecnique and all round skill can they adapt to the new cues and table to be a real force?

WHAT???????????????

jjinfla
02-09-2006, 11:24 AM
WHAT???????????????

My sentiments exactly.

rackmsuckr
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM

My Translation:
Does anyone think that the new players to the game can win a tournament or even possibly win the series? Players from outside of American pool like the 8 ball and snooker players from the U.K. and some of the Australians, as they are better cueists (as in technique and all-around skill). Can they adapt to the new cues and table to be a real force?[/

My Answer:
Yes.

8-ball bernie
02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
my short answer is yes, my not so short answer is this~~~~~~ if you have great fundementals which snooker players have, then potting skills are of no concern, however strategy, and really learning how to play 8-ball like a true american, may take 2 months, so yes, watch out for quinten hann and phil harrison, two forces to be reckoned with!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sniper
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
My Translation:
Does anyone think that the new players to the game can win a tournament or even possibly win the series? Players from outside of American pool like the 8 ball and snooker players from the U.K. and some of the Australians, as they are better cueists (as in technique and all-around skill). Can they adapt to the new cues and table to be a real force?[/

My Answer:
Yes.

Thanks for the translation Linda:)

My answer is....absolutely! And it isn't gonna take them two months to adapt to the patterns, keep in mind most of the UK players have eight ball backgrounds/experience and understand the patterns of the game.

renard
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
My Translation:

My Answer:
Yes.

I didn't know you where bi-lingual Linda!!!:D

By the way my daughter loves your avatar!

rackmsuckr
02-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I didn't know you where bi-lingual Linda!!!:D

By the way my daughter loves your avatar!

Oh yeah! You should hear my Spanglish, which is only outdone by my Korenglish.

Thanks, I like your avatar too! I want an animated one, but they are too big. :(

Back on topic - the Europeans have proven to ferocious competitors, especially with snooker backgrounds. Just look at the invasion on the women's tour. :eek:

Cameron Smith
02-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I agree the snooker players and the australians will do well. Especially Ronnie. But I don't see any reason that they will dominate. There is a misconception that snooker players have better strokes than pool players. They do have more text book strokes but they are not neccessarily straigter.

Pool players have straight strokes, its their back swing that wobbles. By the time it hits the cue ball its straight as an arrow, just watch Oliver Ortmann, his back stroke is all over the place. Snooker players simply keep the cue online for the entire stroke.

It is true they will have an easy time pocketing balls on pool tables. But then its not like pool players have a difficult time pocketing balls either. Snooker players do well in pool, but up to this point there has been nothing to suggest that they will crush everyone in their path. On the other hand Ronnie O'Sullovan is coming to play. It will be interesting to see what happens.