PDA

View Full Version : A Pool Players Worse Fear

TheConArtist
02-09-2006, 04:17 PM
We all have fears, losing our loved ones, being in pain, having a accident things in that nature, but my worse fear has happen'd to me last Tuesday, otaye i wear contacts and my eyes were bothering me the whole day should have taken them out but i let it go, my pool league is an hour away from my house so me driving was a bad idea, i couldn't drive at all i had to keep pulling over on the side of the road cause the sun was to bright and my eyes were dripping with tears. talk about eyes blood shot my eyes were beyond red. Anyways i stopped at my familys business and take out my contacts for about an hour before i head out to play some pool, put them back in and man they started again, anyways my team and the other team were all worried about my condition but i wanted to play as if i didn't we would lose our position as i am the best player on the team. Talk about dedication right, everyone was surprised as i shot a perfect score again my opponents thought i was faking but if you could have seen my eyes you knew i was in pain but the weird thing was when i was at the table and not moving around they didn't bother me, but movement bothered them bad. Anyways my opponents shot a 6, 4, 6, 0. As i ran out my last game. Now my teammates owe me and the other team needs to practice as someone in my condition still whipped them something about them just ain't right LOL just kidding. Anyways now i have to leave and have an hour drive ahead of me, no way i can make it i can't see nothing so i take out my contacts on the road and with my vision driving ain't safe. So i have to call my Sister and Family to have them drive an half an hour to get me and drive me back home, from there i have to have my girlfriend come an hour away to get me and drive us back home the night was hectic. I couldn't open my eyes for nothing they hurt so bad, even with my eyes shut my eyes were producing tears which were making them hurt even worse i had to cry as i was in so much pain. My sister had some eye drops that were prescription eye drops as she use to sleep with her contacts in at night and she never took them out as she ruined her eyes and had to have surgery on them. So she gave me those which i have been using, so i couldn't sleep all night Tuesday night, and have to have everything in the house turned off, talk about boring no t.v nothing at all. Wednesday is just the same but even worse as i couldn't see anything. But the drops helped me out, and i felted that i was going to go blind, i started thinking about my pool as i love it so much i wouldn't know what to do with out it. Today i can open my eyes but i can't keep them open they are still blood shot but i am still producing tears which is a good thing. Good thing i know the keyboard well i can tell my story to you all, as i can't read anything and keep up to date on the forums, i have to have my girlfriend read to me :( ... I hope by tomorrow they will be better as i can keep my eyes open for at least a minute or so, the funny thing is that when i was a kid i always wanted to be a vampire now i am one, as i can have no light, and have to keep myself barecaded in a dark room. Anyways i will keep you guys posted on my condidtion and wish me the best of luck to keep my vision. Pool Player For Life . Love you guys. Cole.

AuntyDan
02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
I wish you a fast and full recovery. Good luck!

davidhop
02-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I wish you the best of luck. As a fellow contact lens wearer, please keep us all updated on this problem. Again, I hope all turns out well.

rackmsuckr
02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Geez, Cole,

Don't worry about what to get your girlfriend for Valentine's Day, just get better! I hope you have gone to the eye doctor, you may have a lesion on your corneas or an infection. Of course, you know there are other ways to go blind too, lol. :rolleyes:

Take it easy and get it taken care of. I'll be praying for your eyesight to return.

Linda

Oh, forgot you probably can't read this. :o

buddha162
02-09-2006, 04:47 PM
I hope you have gone to the eye doctor

It doesn't sound like he did.

Cole, GO TO THE DOCTOR, DON'T F*AROUND WITH THIS!!!!!

Keep us posted.

-Roger (hope you could read that...)

Barbara
02-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Cole, GO TO THE DOCTOR, DON'T F*AROUND WITH THIS!!!!!

Dude - Cole,

You have to be F*ING kidding me if you haven't gone to a Dr by now!! And to use someone else's script eye drops??? Are you F*ING NUTS??!!! You could have ruined your eyes on that alone!!

When I was in college I wore the old style contacts that didn't let much oxygen to the cornea and as I did not have a pair of glasses, I wore them all the time. Well one morning I wake up and open my eyes to the most searing pain you can imagine. I had developed a corneal ulcer and with each blink my eyelid was actually tearing off a piece of my cornea. Needless to say how painful that was! Luckily my little bro was at a nearby campus and could drive me to my eye Dr to diagnose the problem.

I eventually went through 3 epsiodes in my left eye and two in my right eye. Then I got gas permeable lenses and fortunately haven't experienced that again.

Cole, you HAVE GOT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR's OFFICE!!

Barbara

Cane
02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
All I can say is what's already been said RUN, DON'T WALK, RUN TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!! My opthalmologist is also a friend and he told me a long time ago, even something that seems simple and relatively insignificant can cause blindness. I know poolplayers that don't have fingers, toes, know one that only has one arm, but I don't know ANY blind poolplayers. GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF BY A DOCTOR!

Bob

TATE
02-09-2006, 08:07 PM
You probably have conjunctivitis, massive irritation rather than a bacterial infection. This can be caused by dirty or damaged lenses, chemicals, or any irritation. My guess is you've been overwearing your extended lenses, or the lenses are worn out or built up with protein deposits and need to be replaced.

See the optometrist or an ophthalmologist right away. They can clear it up pretty fast. Under NO circumstances use the same lenses again.

There is no sense in taking a risk with your sight. If the infection is bacterial, you can go blind, or you might have other problems such as ulcers in the eye.

Chris

Rickw
02-09-2006, 08:37 PM
You probably have conjuntivitis, massive irritation rather than a bacterial infection. This can be caused by dirty or damaged lenses, chemicals, or any irritation. My guess is you've been overwearing your extended lenses, or the lenses are worn out or built up with protein deposits and need to be replaced.

See the optometrist or an ophthalmologist right away. They can clear it up pretty fast. Under NO circumstances use the same lenses again.

There is no sense in taking a risk with your sight. If the infection is bacterial, you can go blind, or you might have other problems such as ulcers in the eye.

Chris

Tate,

I think you're probably right. I used to wear contacts and go an eye infection. Once you get an infection and have had the lens in your eyes with the infection, those lens are no good anymore because if you put them in, you will ge re-infected. I know because that happened to me. I can emphathise with the pain, it hurt like Hell and you can't handle any light at all.

GO TO THE DR DUDE!!

TheConArtist
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Pulled through guys, three days i couldn't open my eyes except to put in the eye drops which my love had to force my eyes open for me. I had something called Photophobia, from bacteria on my cornea if thats the correct spelling. Due to from old contacts and not changing them when i was suppose too, My eyes are fine now but you should have seen them i was sensetive to light and my eyes were black like dialated for two days after i could open my eyes. They are fine now and have changed the contacts and back at the table again, Thanks for your concerns and wishes to get better. Love Cole 'TheConArtist'

rogelioii
02-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your eye problem.

This past Christmas season, I had experienced something similar... Actually, it was an eyelash that found its way way up in my right eyelid, and it killed me for two days, I had to go to the eye doc to get it removed since he had to flip the eyelid open. He found that I HAD BEEN overwearing my extended wear contacts and my eyes were really irritated, i had to take some anti-biotic drops in my eyes, these eyedrops were acidic and white in color... i had to use that for two weeks , and no contacts allowed for 2 weeks either until my eyes healed.

I cannot stand to play pool in my glasses, so I played without any corrective vision... I see 3 fuzzy balls and i aim for the one in the middle...

I'm a -3.25 on both eyes, so playing pool without contacts or glasses is a big challenge. However, I do find that if I'm concentrating, i'm still able to run a couple racks of nineball with crappy vision. I actually think its pretty good to practice like this, it helps my concentration... Anyone else try this?

TheConArtist
02-16-2006, 02:12 AM
i know i use to play good with my glasses before i even put on contacts for the first time, but now i just can't do it. I have tried playing a few times downstairs without them and i can see the balls alright if they are a foot apart lol, but me and you had almost the same problem, and i know you knew the pain i felt man don't ever want that to happen again.

seiyaryu55
02-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Good to know yur ok. Now get back on the table and make up for that lost time. lol. I guess this is why im glad i never got contacts. I wouldnt want to have lost my vision because of some infection.

As for the fuzzy ball thing, ive tried it a few times actually. im -4.00 and -4.25 and it really isnt that bad if you can position the cue ball up close to the object ball. its just a killer when you play someone else and they leave you on the rail a full tables length from the object ball.

TheBook
02-16-2006, 06:28 AM
A while back someone asked what was wrong with my eye. I asked why are you asking this. I looked in a mirror and all of the white area was blood red. I called my eye doctor and was told to come in asap. It turned out to be nothing, there was no charge and was told that I did the right thing by being concerned and seeing him. I was told that anytime that something is wrong with my eyes to come in because eyes are too important to be messing with.

supergreenman
02-16-2006, 12:02 PM
You can lose your legs and play pool from a wheelchair.
There's a guy in our pool hall that plays using 2 prosthetic arms.
Being deaf might actually be an advantage with pool.
Losing sight IS a pool players worst nightmare

I'm so glad your eyes are recovering Cole. Take better care of yourself.

Gregg
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I wear contact as well. You have to educate yourself on the proper care of contacts. You have to both wear, store, and clean them correctly.

gregoryg
02-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Probably about 20+ years ago, I went rafting for the day. Did it with my contacts in all day. Bright sun for the entire day. Next day , woke up and it felt like someone was poking me in the eyes with a stick. They felt like they were glued shut, I had to literally pry them open with my fingers! Went to the hospital and they diagnosed me with corneal edema, the same thing as sunburn to your eyeballs. Fortunately, it was not permanent, but I could no longer wear hard contact lenses. Go get your eyes checked ASAP!

breakup
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I meant to respond a long time ago to this thread.

Recently I had a horrible eye infection I could barely keep my eyes open. I went to my regular doctor and he thought I had pink eye. I was on antibiotic drops for about 10 days without improvement, lost almost 2 weeks work. I returned to him and he referred me to an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist said in view of the lack of response to the antibiotics he felt it could be an allergy. He prescribed some steroid drops and some other stuff. I felt better immediately and within 24 hours I was back to normal.

Black-Balled
02-16-2006, 02:07 PM
One time I hit the bong and my eyes got all red too!!

J/K- I am glad to read that your issues have been dealt with appropriately and that your eyes are back to normal:D

supergreenman
02-16-2006, 02:50 PM
One time I hit the bong and my eyes got all red too!!

J/K- I am glad to read that your issues have been dealt with appropriately and that your eyes are back to normal:D

Only once? :eek:

I've noticed that kind of red eye doesn't effect my aiming. um or hurt for that matter.

TheConArtist
02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
yeah they are alright now, i use to have that same problem with the bong, but like someone said it didn't hurt nor hurt my game *all in his head lol. Thanks again

TheConArtist
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
You can lose your legs and play pool from a wheelchair.
There's a guy in our pool hall that plays using 2 prosthetic arms.
Being deaf might actually be an advantage with pool.
Losing sight IS a pool players worst nightmare

I'm so glad your eyes are recovering Cole. Take better care of yourself.

I will do just that, like i said its a pool players worse fear.

WilleeCue
02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Try this ... peak a piece of patatoe and mush it up a bit.
Put the cool mush over your eyes and let the juce trickel into them.
An old welders trick.

Willee

Colin Colenso
02-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Good to hear you've recovered Conartist :)

I remember years ago, after doing some arc-welding, waking up that night with dry burning eyes. The pain and feeling of hoplessness is terrible.

Seems you went through a lot worse than that....and survived:)

Now I'm sure you'll appreciate the joy of playing and using you eyes even more!

Colin