PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pool - does it do anything for your game?

mrpool06
02-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic thats probably been discussed around here.

What are your thoughts on this game? I recently picked up VP3, been playing it once in awhile (don't have a table at home). I realize it will do nothing for a person's stroke, stance, etc.... but I think it has helped me see the angles on shotmaking, & helped somewhat on strategy.

Anyone else use VP to help their game?

(I thought I should add........if I had a table at home, I would probably spend most of my time their, & very little time playing VP3! Just don't have the room for a table)

vader93490
02-10-2006, 06:41 PM
What are your thoughts on this game? I recently picked up VP3, been playing it once in awhile (don't have a table at home). I realize it will do nothing for a person's stroke, stance, etc.... but I think it has helped me see the angles on shotmaking, & helped somewhat on strategy.

(I thought I should add........if I had a table at home, I would probably spend most of my time their, & very little time playing VP3! Just don't have the room for a table)

I don't personally see anything particularly useful in this software when it comes to being used as a practice tool. I do have to admit that I did chuckle a bit when the claim was made in various video game magazines that it was "guaranteed to help your game or your money back" when it was first released to the general public. As you correctly observed, it does nothing to help with a player's stroke, stance or other fundamentals. It also doesn't take into account other factors such as humidity, temperature, ball cleanliness and so on.

All the versions of Virtual Pool were nice time-killers, I'll give them that; so was Virtual Snooker. But that's all they were in my opinion and nothing more.

StormHotRod300
02-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I will say i played Virtual Pool 2, and liked to adjust the cloth speed and rail speed, to see the effect.

Also i would think if someone was wanting to see what the effects of putting english on the CB would do to the ball would be a big help. For a Begginer.

Gregg
02-11-2006, 05:14 AM
Sorry to bring up an old topic thats probably been discussed around here.

YES, very much so. It's a great way to figure out patterns, see the angles, etc. Many good players shoot online in tournaments, and there is no way by watching them shoot online that they could not be devistating pool shooters in real life, or close to it.

Johnnyt
02-11-2006, 05:54 AM
YES, very much so. It's a great way to figure out patterns, see the angles, etc. Many good players shoot online in tournaments, and there is no way by watching them shoot online that they could not be devistating pool shooters in real life, or close to it.

I agree. Johnnyt