PDA

View Full Version : Pechauer Tour stop-SanFrancisco

Mike Tierney
05-08-2003, 09:53 AM
What were the results and payout on the Frisco tour stop this last week?

AzHousePro
05-08-2003, 05:13 PM
I will have them posted to the site tonight. Billy Palmer won.

Mike

LAMas
05-10-2003, 06:42 PM
I visited Family Billiards on Wednesday after the tourney there and played on table 3. The mouth of the pockets are less than 2 balls wide and I was surprised that the northern poolhalls have shimmed their pockets. Earlier that week I was in San Jose at Campbell and found that table 3 was also shimmed to 2 balls.

I also was surprised that 9 Ball is now popular there for a few years ago everyone was playing 8 Ball.

The Hardtimes in Bellflower, CA has had shimmed pockets for the last 9 years or so and back then the shooters from up north had problems with tight pockets, but I see that with tight pockets up north that that will not be a problem if northern shooters travel south.

The table time is $6.00 in S.F. and $12.00 in Monterey, CA. whereas at the Hardtimes in Bellflower it is $3.50 per hour before 6:00 PM - how can a novice afford to improve up north?

Mike Tierney
05-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanks for posting the finishers and the prize money. I was interested in how Rafael Martinez finished. He is living here in Eugen, Oregon and its nice to have a local player be a real contender in any tournament he enters.....he is a great player. Some of his trick shots are just physically impossible but work anyway.....anyway thanks for the great web site and great coverage......