PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations please for video stroke analysis

bdorman
11-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I want to analyze my stroke, so I'm going to videotape my fundamentals.

(Yes, I'm going to take some lessons from a qualified instructor at some point in the future, but for now I've got to settle for self-taught).

I can only think of two "angles" to shoot the video, so I'd appreciate any other recommended angles.

1. Camera set-up perpendicular to my body to get the best view of my stance and forearm motion. My forearm feels like it's hanging straight down but I'm not really sure; I need to see it. Also I want to check that I'm not moving my elbow. Also that angle should reveal any other unwanted body movement.

2. Camera set-up diagonally across the table as I shoot a straight corner-to-corner shots. Basically the same camera set-up that Dr. Dave and Bob Jewett use here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680o8EChP_o&list=PL3E2F9934273C24F6&index=1&feature=plpp_video (I think the vision alignment topic of their video might be one of my problems).

Any other angles you can recommend? I have your basic camera tripod that has 6 feet of elevation...so unfortunately a true "overhead" angle isn't possible.

Thanks.