PDA

View Full Version : ld shaft question...

desertshark
11-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I have a Joss butt in need of a shaft so I figured an ld would be the way to go.

I've seen the Tiger X-shaft has decent reviews on pooldawg find with the sniper tip that has also gotten great reviews.

It's going to be a play cue, not break.

For the money (under $200), would this be the best bang for the buck?

Jobba786
11-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Tiger pro-x 11.75mm and Tiger ultra-x ld 12.75 are low deflection shafts, but be aware there is also a version called tiger x ultra hd which is a high performance shaft and has higher squirt/ cue ball deflection than the two others.

I have a tiger pro-x shaft, and it is a good shaft. I would recommend tiger and ob shafts. You could also get an ld shaft from a custom cue maker.

-Jon Birger

LHP5
11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
I shoot with a 314 and love that shaft, but I really like the OB-2 and for $200 I would buy that. I've hit around with all the tiger shafts and they play well but prefer the 314 to them. Really like the soft hit of the OB-2 though but that may not be your cup of tea......

desertshark
11-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys. I'd like to stay as cheap and as effective as possible because the butt will need some cosmetic work and I don't want to dump a lot of money into it. It's a low grade Joss but feels good with the shaft I have on my other cue.

ENGLISH!
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
I have an OB Classic & a McD i2. They seem to hit very differently. Both are fine but the OB seems to hit softer than the i2. Several people have relayed very good reveiws of the Player's LD model @ about $ 95.00.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Regards,

desertshark
11-19-2012, 11:19 AM
The Players ld... I never even looked at it.

Thanks for the info, definitely worth the look!

I have an OB Classic & a McD i2. They seem to hit very differently. Both are fine but the OB seems to hit softer than the i2. Several people have relayed very good reveiws of the Player's LD model @ about $ 95.00.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Regards,

RSCA HOOLIGAN
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
for $160 Bob Danielson ( BD CUES ) makes you his SS360 shaft with the tipsize you want , i keep saying it here on AZ this is the best LD shaft out there .

desertshark
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks hooligan! Found the site, sent an email, waiting for a response...

I want a good shaft, low price and good fit to the Joss.

If it works out I'll get the butt refinishef :)

desertshark
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I made a decision and placed my order with BD Cues.

I have to say I am very impressed already. Found his site, sent an email after 5 his time and recieved a response in a timely matter.

He asked for a measurement, quoted with the tip I want (Tiger Sniper... heard really good things and sounds like it'll fit my style of playing), I sent back the measurement and if all goes well, I'll have my shaft in 4-5 weeks.

I may have to wait a little longer, but I will also have exactly my specs for the Joss I got.

Now to find somebody to re-finish this Joss in time to be mated back to the shaft!