PDA

View Full Version : tip question

clintw
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm in the market for a different tip, I never really liked the everest that came on my predator and was looking for a softer tip.
Question..
I have a 314-2 predator low delection shaft and I have just about decided to go with a kamui black ss.. Has anyone else used a kamui SS on a 314-2 shaft and liked it? The reason I ask this is because on their website it says best used with a high deflection shaft? :rolleyes:
http://www.kamuitips.com/store/Details.cfm?ProdID=87

twal
11-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Do you homework.
There have been many posts about tips and Kaumi black.
Just last week many, have said and I agree that the Kamui black tips have a tendency to glaze over after a period of time.
There are also those who say they never had a problem.
On Muellers.com the Everest is 75.1 harness, The Onyx is just under that at 74.6.
Since you are looking for slightly softer tip, I would recommend that tip.
But then again that all depends on how soft you want to go.

kelvinling
11-21-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm in the market for a different tip, I never really liked the everest that came on my predator and was looking for a softer tip.
Question..
I have a 314-2 predator low delection shaft and I have just about decided to go with a kamui black ss.. Has anyone else used a kamui SS on a 314-2 shaft and liked it? The reason I ask this is because on their website it says best used with a high deflection shaft? :rolleyes:
http://www.kamuitips.com/store/Details.cfm?ProdID=87

i use a kamui SS for all my cues. My old cue was using a 314-2 and I enjoyed it a lot. Does not have any problems for me but I change my tip quite often but still sticking to kamui SS for now :D

8onthebreak
11-21-2012, 05:50 PM
moori medium is the tip!!!
Absolutely perfect on a 314 pred. Holds chalk, has a nice firm hit, doesn't miscue, ,,, it's all I will use. Have one on all my cues.

PaulieB
11-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Do you homework.
There have been many posts about tips and Kaumi black.
Just last week many, have said and I agree that the Kamui black tips have a tendency to glaze over after a period of time.
There are also those who say they never had a problem.
On Muellers.com the Everest is 75.1 harness, The Onyx is just under that at 74.6.
Since you are looking for slightly softer tip, I would recommend that tip.
But then again that all depends on how soft you want to go.

I agree, the Onyx is a great tip, it is what I use now. Or try a soft or medium UltraSkin from Tom Hays. They are great tips as well.