PDA

View Full Version : Legal Double Kiss

BeiberLvr
11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I know I've made this shot once or twice in my life (by luck), but can't seem to figure out if there's a way to making it consistently.

I'm also not entirely sure whether or not the OB is frozen.

Basically you hit the CB directly at the OB, they double kiss, and then the OB goes right into the pocket.

http://vvcap.net/db/SDeVomNANne-8AweQJqB.png

The Renfro
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
These types of shots are much easier with the oversized bar box cueballs... I don't think you can bet on them with a regular cueball but there are several versions that on a barbox with the big mud ball I'd shoot with just a little weight as prop bets.....

On a big track you won't ever make it frozen... You can trap it with a gap but I would want to be way closer than your drawing shows and would bet my odds were less than 1 in 3.....

Patrick Johnson
11-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Just curious - why do you say "legal double kiss"?

As far as I know any double kiss is legal, unless the OB is frozen to the rail and no rail is hit after CB/OB contact.

pj
chgo

CreeDo
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Just to be clear, which pocket are we talking? You can double kiss bank it to the bottom right corner, and I guess in theory there's some heavy-CB trick shot that might go in the top right?

Pidge
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
If its frozen wouldn't it just double kiss the CB either straight back or down table with the OB staying over the pocket?

Never played on a barbox so idk about that. Safe or kick.

Banks
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Just curious - why do you say "legal double kiss"?

As far as I know any double kiss is legal, unless the OB is frozen to the rail and no rail is hit after CB/OB contact.

pj
chgo

I think he got "double kiss" confused with "double hit".

deanoc
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
there is a double kiss shot that sends the object ball 3 rails into the corner on the same side of the table that can be made with some regularity

what you are suggesting is new to me

BeiberLvr
11-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I think he got "double kiss" confused with "double hit".

Yep, thanks.

BeiberLvr
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Just to be clear, which pocket are we talking? You can double kiss bank it to the bottom right corner, and I guess in theory there's some heavy-CB trick shot that might go in the top right?

Sorry, the top right corner.

The OB hits the rail, then comes back and kisses off the CB, and slides into the corner pocket.

It's always luck when it happens, and when I practice it, I can never figure it out.

CreeDo
11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I got you now.

I think you would hit the object ball extremely full, and hard, and with top... just a hair to the left of center. When the ball rebounds from the rail, it kisses into the cue ball, and then goes along the tangent line down towards the foot rail. Not actually straight down, but a tiny bit towards the shooter. So it's moving away from the side rail no matter how you try to hit it. But if it's close to the pocket and the pocket's big, it can still go in.

Or maybe if you hit hard with draw, it can put top on the object ball and keep it from getting too far away from that side rail??

I'll try it when I shoot next.

victorl
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
CreeDo's got it. Shoot nearly straight on with top left and medium speed. It's a very touchy shot but it's easy to send the ball towards the hole for one-pocket or 8-ball. The OB in the diagram is quite far from the pocket for this kind of shot, so making it is low percentage though. If you move the balls down closer to the pocket it can be made with some regularity.

beetle
11-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Wasn't sure what I'd see when someone named Bieber lover starts a thread called legal double kiss. Whew!

BeiberLvr
01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
I made the shot in VP3. It looks like (at least in the game) it can be made with extreme inside and a firm hit.

I'll try it out IRL when I practice this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHge6mqPEg&feature=youtu.be