PDA

View Full Version : London, who's going?

bfdlad
11-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Just wondering how many AZers are going to make the trip to London for the Mosconi Cup this year. Its gonna be loud and crazy for sure one to go and experience. I know its gonna be expensive to go and do this so I don't imagine there will be alot of ya. I need someone to smuggle back some pork pies and Mushy peas :)

Cuebuddy
11-20-2012, 07:47 PM
One of these years I will make it for this event, and yes it will be expensive. I do have many relatives on that side but they are so old I would not want to stay with them:p.

sascha
11-21-2012, 02:00 AM
its expensive to go there even from germany....easy 1000 $ for just 4 days thats why i did not go again. london is crazy expensive ! they should change location again in 2 yrs ! never been in germany so its about time after london,holland,london again !

hope you bought your tickets already as its sold out at least 2 of it are !

berniep
11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Totally coincidental, but I will be in London on the days of Mosconi......but won't be able to make it.

Go figure.....lol

Bob Jewett
11-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Totally coincidental, but I will be in London on the days of Mosconi......but won't be able to make it.

Go figure.....lol
Good news, Bernie! They have scheduled all the matches at night, not during the day.:grin-square: See you there.

evanlockhart
11-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Down payment for a new car or the Mosconi Cup?

graemeham
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Down payment for a new car or the Mosconi Cup?

Mosconi wins every time.

I am travelling for all 4 days. It's gonna be amazing. Looking forward to getting drunk and shouting for Europe on all days woooo

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM
You guys are gonna have a blast. I wish I was going :(

TheThaiger
11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
its expensive to go there even from germany....easy 1000 $ for just 4 days thats why i did not go again. london is crazy expensive ! they should change location again in 2 yrs ! never been in germany so its about time after london,holland,london again !

hope you bought your tickets already as its sold out at least 2 of it are !

London's not so expensive, certainly not compared to other European capitals. I've just come back from Amsterdam - now THAT'S expensive...The is extremely weak at the moment, especially for euros.

The UK is very, very cheap for what you get. Sure, london is far and anyway the most expensive place in the country, but you can still eat, sleep & be merry for little money if you know what you're doing.

berniep
11-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniep

Go figure.....lol

Good news, Bernie! They have scheduled all the matches at night, not during the day. See you there.

Hi Bob,

I never said that my nights were available.......;)

Bernie

Fatboy
11-22-2012, 09:23 PM
i'm going i think, Kelly is going for sure. My uncle is very sick(near death) so that might change things for me.:frown:

vagabond
11-22-2012, 09:23 PM

Go figure.....lol

Bernie,

Are u from Tucson? Are u the same person who comes to all the Las Vegas tournaments?

berniep
11-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Bernie,

Are u from Tucson? Are u the same person who comes to all the Las Vegas tournaments?

Vag,

I'm in Phoenix. The only tourney I play in vegas is the US Open one pocket.

Did we meet there?

Thanks.

MartinBullet
11-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Mosconi tickets were delivered today, just a shame I could only get the Tuesday off work :(
Looking forward to a day of shooting pool and an evening of watching it though :)
Anyone from AZ who fancies a few racks and a beer on the Tuesday give me a PM :D

SakuJack
11-23-2012, 02:23 AM
London's not so expensive, certainly not compared to other European capitals. I've just come back from Amsterdam - now THAT'S expensive...The is extremely weak at the moment, especially for euros.

The UK is very, very cheap for what you get. Sure, london is far and anyway the most expensive place in the country, but you can still eat, sleep & be merry for little money if you know what you're doing.

All of this. For a European capital, London is very reasonable on the whole. There are expensive places, obviously, but there's more than enough cheap-ish places (of decent quality, too) when compared to other players. Amsterdam is very expensive, as is Stockholm (although Sweden is in general, in terms of eating and drinking out).

carl.j
11-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi all, just out of curiosity where does anyone go to play some pool whilst they're in London?

pro9dg
11-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Hi all, just out of curiosity where does anyone go to play some pool whilst they're in London?

Mile End Club is a short cab ride from York Hall

Kimmo
11-23-2012, 05:23 AM
unfortunately I won't make this time :(
building a house kinda drains the finances quite efficiently

I find it also a little inconvenient that the cup takes place during the week instead of long weekend. this will make it kinda difficult to watch the streams as I am supposed to work as well...

graemeham
11-23-2012, 05:26 AM

Hurricane Room at Kings Cross is also a decent and more modern hall

carl.j
11-23-2012, 05:39 AM

Is this the only decent place to play?

Kimmo
11-23-2012, 05:47 AM

tried to go there last time during mosconi since I had no ticket for the first night.....they did not let me in...that was about 10pm.....apparently only for members

carl.j
11-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Mile End Club is a short cab ride from York Hall

Thanks!

Are there any other places aside from Mile End Club, Hurricane Room King's Cross and Riley's Victoria that people go to?

Bob Jewett
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
(Re: room near Kings Cross) tried to go there last time during mosconi since I had no ticket for the first night.....they did not let me in...that was about 10pm.....apparently only for members
If you go earlier you can get a temporary membership for not much. I think the full membership is cheaper if you go more than three times. After some time at night they allow only full members in. I don't know if you can buy a full membership at that time, so it's best to go earlier if it's your first time.

The room has (or did two years ago) Tony Drago's personal table as well as pool, snooker and English 8-ball tables.

vagabond
11-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Vag,

I'm in Phoenix. The only tourney I play in vegas is the US Open one pocket.

Did we meet there?

Thanks.

I never met you. I was thinking of a gentleman by name Bernie from Tucson who comes to vegas for watching the tournaments.