PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody !!! Jimmy Reid Here

Jimmy Reid
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi Everybody !!! Jimmy Reid Here !!!!
Just wanted to let u know that i responded well to treatment !!!! I am on the mend and living in West Palm Beach !!!! My eyesight and nerves are perfect!! So hide your money and your women !!!! ;)
Also, somebody PLEASE tell Larissa to find me on facebook ! I've been trying to find her .
Thank you all for the well wishes and the prayers !!!

Fatboy
11-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear the good news!!:)

pt109
11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I knew if I stayed up long enough, SOMEONE would have some good news.
..I hid my bankroll so well, even I can't find it.:mad:

Welcome to AZ, Jimmy

ELBeau
11-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Welcome back!

dr9ball
11-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Roger Long
11-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Great news! Welcome back, Jimmy!

Roger

Pushout
11-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Jimmy, great to hear from you!! Welcome to AZ!

Palmetto cue
11-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Awesome news Jimmy! Glad to hear it!

alstl
11-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Good for you, glad to hear the news.

Masirib5
11-20-2012, 08:55 PM
That's great Jimmy!!!

--Jeff

rayjay
11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear things are looking up! One of my favorite people...

Island Drive
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
:happydance::welcome:BACK....

12squared
11-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Truly something to be thankful for, that's great news. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Dave

Cuebuddy
11-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Just wanted to let u know that i responded well to treatment !!!! I am on the mend and living in West Palm Beach !!!! My eyesight and nerves are perfect!! So hide your money and your women !!!! ;)
Also, somebody PLEASE tell Larissa to find me on facebook ! I've been trying to find her .

Jimmy you probably don't remember me....we have never met:o

That's great that you are doing better keep a positive attitude and keep posting.

jamesjr1963
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
That is truly great news. Hope to see you back on the pool scene in the future.

JB Cases
11-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Love it! Welcome to AZB Diamond Jim!!!

This is John - your favorite (I hope) case maker. :-)

javi2
11-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice to hear from you Jimmy!!

Neil
11-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Great to hear you are doing much better, Jimmy! I hope you have a great thanksgiving!

wrickyb
11-20-2012, 09:45 PM

Jimmy give us a link to your Facebook page.

larrynj1
11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
great news jimmy!!!

Mark Griffin
11-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Man, that is GOOD news.

Welcome to AZ, Mr. Reid

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Mark Griffin,
CSI

sjm
11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Great to hear, Hippie Jimmy. Good to have you back.

GreenFeltguy
11-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Great news Jimmy, you are one tough S.O.B. Keep up the great
news, glad for you and yours ! Humphrey from New Orleans :grin-square::):grin-square:

wrickyb
11-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Well to locate Jimmy on Facebook go here

https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.reid.313

ArizonaPete
11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Jimmy, so glad that you're doing better. I've enjoyed and learned so much from watching your DVD's. Wish I were on the East coast to see you in action. Best regards...

jay helfert
11-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey Jimmy, I got a couple of good spots out here. Meet at the Billiard Den and we can head out this weekend. :D

Quesports
11-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Jimmy, Kind of hard to keep an old Glosta boy down. Ahh the good old days sneaking out of Central Grammar and heading down to Nick's. Good Times, glad your feeling better!

Rockin' Robin
11-20-2012, 11:45 PM
That's what I like to hear, good news and confindence along with it....

A lot of people don't know, but Jimmy was the champion of Corpus Christi many moons ago...gave the field the 8 ball.

Hope to get to see ya again...Robin Adair

Chrippa
11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Welcome back:)

EagleMan
11-21-2012, 12:00 AM

SUCH great news Jimmy!

Your DVD...."No Time for Negative" is STILL an instructional classic and always will be.

Ratta
11-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Man,

very good news :)

welcome back Jimmy,

lg from overseas,

ingo

RobertaAgnor
11-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Wonderful news, hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving!

Arlene
11-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Glad to hear you're doing better and in great spirits!! Just goes to show the power of prayer really does work. You might remember me.... I hung out with you at the Tahoe Tournament back in the early eighties :)....the little one with long brown curly hair....

:) Arlene:)

pwd72s
11-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Good news is always welcome. Thanks for letting us know. :)

JAM
11-21-2012, 04:38 AM

Jimmy, this is Jennie (JAM). It was good talking to you last night. You always put a smile on my face. The pool world needs you. :)

I will be e-mailing you what we talked about last night later this morning. :cool:

Here's a picture of Larissa below. Click here to read the thread: Thread with post written by Larissa (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=274369&highlight=Jimmy).

Also, put your Facebook link in your sig line here on AzBilliards. Go up to the top left-hand corner where it says "UserCP," and then on the left-hand column, go to where it says EDIT SIGNATURE, which is underneath the section that says SETTINGS & OPTIONS. This would be the third section down in that left-hand column. Then add the link for your Facebook there and hit SAVE.

Nice avatar picture, BTW. I just might have to create a Wikipedia article about Jimmy Reid. It will take some time. Everything has to be referenced, tournaments, events, et cetera, by magazines, books, Internet, and the like. This is hard to do with players of your era as there wasn't much by way of a pool archive like there is today with the Internet. It is still very doable, though. I'm going to surprise you with this article when it's done. I'll try to get it highlighted on Wikipedia, which can be accomplished if it's within 3 days of original submission. It must be approved by the other Wiki editors.

Anyway, here's a photo that Larissa wanted to send to you that she put in that thread link above. :smile:

JAM
11-21-2012, 04:41 AM
I love this photo, Jimmy, of you, Keith, and Billy. :cool:

JAM
11-21-2012, 04:41 AM
This one is cute too! :p

JAM
11-21-2012, 04:43 AM
This one, you look quite dapper dressed in red, white, and blue. USA, ALL THE WAY! :cool:

JAM
11-21-2012, 04:45 AM
But my favorite of all is this one. I just remember how much fun the three of us were having this night. Keith hadn't seen you in a long while, and the two of you were talking away like two chatterboxes about the days when you and he were on the road.. I only wish I had recorded the conversation. Priceless! :grin-square:

All three of us were so happy! :smile:

Chip Roberson
11-21-2012, 04:51 AM
Congrats to you Sir, hope all is well and will continue to be so, your one of the great players I never got a chance to meet back years ago, but that might have saved me a bunch of money --good luck too you

JAM
11-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Here's another cute one, Jimmy, of Harry's friend, Keith, Harry, Jimmy Mataya's brother John, Ronnie, and you. :D

Look at you and Keith holding those brown bottles! :wink:

CJ Wiley
11-21-2012, 05:00 AM

Man, Jimmy, that made my day. Great to hear your treatment went well. We've been talking about the "good ole gambling days" and your name keeps coming up. How's your PayBall game these days? :wink: Aloha JR> :dance:

bbb
11-21-2012, 05:11 AM
jimmy great to know you are better :thumbup:
have a happy hanksgiving
p.s if buying your dvd was of help to you im glad
it sure was of help to me:)

freddy the beard
11-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Great news, Jimmy. I will always remember when you played Richie Florence 9-ball, or was it 10-ball? for 72 hours at the Rack in Detroit and you busted him. I was staying with you and Barbara in a kitchenette suite in a Detroit motel.

I will also never forget that you made Barbara cook breakfast for us after she had sweated out the whole 72 hrs!

See you at Derby City?

Freddy the Beard

One Pocket John
11-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Really happy to hear you are doing well. :smile:

I have enjoyed your DVD package "Almost All I Know" and looking forward to your next DVD "All I Know" :smile:

You have given the phrase "No Time for Negative" a whole new meaning.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

John

mortuarymike-nv
11-21-2012, 06:47 AM
hi jimmy

nice of you to drop in.

MMike

JE54
11-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Glad to hear your doing good. Happy Thanksgiving.......................

DRW
11-21-2012, 07:01 AM
You won't remember me, but you may remember a particular happening at this event. Will pm you and give you a chuckle. Great news. Keep up with the positive attitude.:)

gulyassy
11-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Hey Jim good to hear your back. give me a call. 864-430-7797.

Woof Biscuit
11-21-2012, 07:05 AM
That's great news! Glad you are doing better. I'm in West Palm Beach also and would be happy to donate if you decide to come back to the table; just send me a private message. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

JAM
11-21-2012, 07:17 AM
For the young'uns, Jimmy Reid won the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in 1985.

I would like to locate some of the older pool data on Jimmy for his Wikipedia article. If anybody has anything to share, please do. Calling all Terry Ardenos to the rescue. :grin-square:

Here's Jimmy wearing his U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship green jacket with me at the Super Billiards Expo. :grin-square:

Belagorn
11-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better that is great news.

JoeyA
11-21-2012, 08:33 AM
First Keith and now you! :thumbup:

You and Keith will always be immortal in the pool world.

GeoEnvi
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well and kicking at the "Big C" like a juicy 3-railer in the corner!

Your instructional lessons inspired a new dimension in my game. Making those secrets available to the next generation via internet is commendable. Job well done!

Good luck and good health to you.

JAM
11-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Bumping for Jimmy Reid. :smile:

New forum members sometimes don't realize how to change from page 1 to pages 2, 3, 4, et cetera, on the forum software, which is to click the numbers by the thread title.

Jimmy, get your butt back here and post! :D

book collector
11-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Great to hear ! Good luck in the future.

Tramp Steamer
11-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Good news indeed, Jimmy.
If it's a woman you want, there's always my niece Sarasota, and she's particularly fond of pool players. Let me know and I'll provide a pic. You won't be dissapointed. (Well, maybe a little.) (Okay, maybe a lot.) :)

irock
11-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Nothing beats Jimmy, great news.

mdavis228
11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Great news! Happy for you, Jimmy. All the best in your continued recovery.

Mr Hoppe
11-22-2012, 10:34 AM
That's great news to hear Jimmy! Keep up your recovery, take things day by day, and keep us posted because we do care.

Enjoy the holidays with your friends and family! :)

richiebalto
11-22-2012, 11:25 AM
You cant keep a Champion down for long, thats why they are champions, they know how to win no matter what!

tlingit
11-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Good to see you back, NO TIME FOR NEGATIVE

The Saw
11-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Good to hear Jimmy..... Welcome aboard!

JAM
11-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Jimmy Reid has some great YouTube instructional videos for those interested. Check it out:

Jimmy Reid Instructional Videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/worldchampionjreid).

maxeberle
11-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Jimmy you BEAST! Congrats on fighting and winning! LOL "hide your women" I know, I've seen you in action ;) Welcome back! Max

Richard Kapela
11-25-2012, 06:28 PM
For the young'uns, Jimmy Reid won the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in 1985.

I would like to locate some of the older pool data on Jimmy for his Wikipedia article. If anybody has anything to share, please do. Calling all Terry Ardenos to the rescue. :grin-square:

Here's Jimmy wearing his U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship green jacket with me at the Super Billiards Expo. :grin-square:

JAM,
I went through some of my Billiards Digest magazines to see what I could find. I don’t have a complete collection, and I’ve only researched up to Feb 1988, but here are some interesting tidbits I found.

#1: Billiards Digest ran a photo essay during the 1979 Pro-am. They asked numerous players “What’s Your Fascination with Pool?” Jimmy Reid replied “The pressure. The totally mental challenge. The winning. There’s nothing like winning.”

Source:
Engh, Rohn. (1982, May/June). Photo Essay from the ’79 Pro-am. Billiards Digest, vol. 4, no. 5, 29.

#2: Jimmy Reid took third place and $1,650 at the 1984 Tar Heel Open, in Rocky Mount, NC in a field of 41 players. Overall for 1984, Jimmy did not place in the top 20 money winners on the Pro Money List.

Source:
An Uplifting Year. (1985, February, 20-21). Billiards Digest.

#3: BD’s Almanac for 1988 (1987 Yearbook) has his personal information as follows:
REID, Jim. West Palm Springs, Fla.
Lexington Open (3rd); Carolina’s Cup (4th); Atlanta Open (4th)
The Almanac shows that Jimmy finished 1987 in 13th place in the Points Standings, with 154, and 16th in the Money Standings, having won $9,099.
Lastly, the Almanac lists the Billiard Congress of America – National Champions, which shows that Jimmy won that title in 1979.

Source:
Billiards Digest 1988 Almanac. (1988, February, 28-42). Billiards Digest.

Not real exciting or personal, but that's what I found. Unfortunately, I haven't found any interviews.

If you’d like, I have scans of the relevant pages, in case you want to verify the sources. PM me if you want those, they are large files. Best of luck on the article.

Rick

ibuycues
11-30-2012, 01:30 AM

Jimmy,

Wonderful news! Your post should qualify as the best AZ post of the year!

Enjoy the holiday season!

Will Prout

the kidd
11-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Jimmy Reid
US Open 9 Ball Champion

http://forums.azbilliards.com//images/cavatars/avatar54511_1.gif

vCash: 500

Re: You kicked it - 11-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the kidd
So happy for you Jimmy you "kicked" the problem. Stay well. Talk to you soon
Al
Thsnk you Al, one of these days I want to share something with all my friends in the pool world that is very supernatural, twice something happened to me that there's no accounting for. That's not pool related so enjoy life and the game to the max, there's no better medicine than laughter. Thank you for the well wishes

elitelegends
11-30-2012, 08:23 AM
good to hear jimmy , keep getting better bud !

Larissa1968
01-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Baby, so great to read from you!!! I will find you!!!
Love
Larissa:lovies:

JuicyGirl
01-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Great news Jimmy!!! We'll pray for your speedy recovery from Tampa, FL.
Regards,
Loren

vapoolplayer
01-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello. I'm a bit late responding, haven't been on the forums in quite a while.

Hope you're feeling well Jimmy. When did you move to Fla, last I checked in you were in TN, but that was years ago.

I'd also like to take the time to let everyone (who doesn't already know) Jimmy is a stand up guy, great player, and great teacher.

Jimmy put me up at his house and spent almost every waking hour teaching me over a 3 day weekend at a very resonable price. (not sure if you'll remember me, I was just some kid from virginia)

Over the course of the 3 days Jimmy helped me with everything from addressing the cue ball, his kicking system, how to make a more secure bridge from the rail, planning outs, and a million other things.

I have taken lessons from everyone from local pros to travelling to NYC to take lessons from Tony Robles(also a super great guy and an awesome teacher) and I can honestly say I employ EVERYTHING Jimmy taught me in my game today.

Anyway, that's just a short list of the great things I learned from Jimmy in only 3 days. Hope you're doing well and hopefully I can catch up with you next time I'm in Fla for a poker or pool trip.

Thanks