PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for....

freddy the beard
11-21-2012, 05:25 AM
I am still looking for Santa Ana Rose's last name. She was a Jewish school teacher turned hustler and her first name was Judy.

I am also looking for the last name of Phil Spector's pool playing bodyguard who was from New York. His first name was George.

I need these names for my upcoming book, The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers.

Beard

For the real minutiae, the correct spelling of Jew Paul and Jersey Red's REAL last names. Brusloff? and Breitkopt? are maybes.

xplor
11-21-2012, 08:16 AM
George Brand is the name you are looking for.
What about Phil Spector's 1964 Daytona Cobra Coupe racer CSX2287and George?
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/ford/1964-shelby-cobra-daytona/index.shtml

George Fels
11-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Red's last name was Breitkopf (unless you've read Jake Dyer's great book, hardly anybody knew he was Jewish). I THINK Paul's last name was spelled Brusslov. GF

jay helfert
11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I am still looking for Santa Ana Rose's last name. She was a Jewish school teacher turned hustler and her first name was Judy.

I am also looking for the last name of Phil Spector's pool playing bodyguard who was from New York. His first name was George.

I need these names for my upcoming book, The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers.

Beard

For the real minutiae, the correct spelling of Jew Paul and Jersey Red's REAL last names. Brusloff? and Breitkopt? are maybes.

George Brand was Spector's bodyguard/driver. He loved to play Straight Pool as well and he was my one and only regular Straight Pool opponent. We would play 50 points for $20 and the time. He never won! :wink:

It's Brusilov and Breitkopf.

freddy the beard
11-21-2012, 10:47 AM
George Brand is the name you are looking for.
What about Phil Spector's 1964 Daytona Cobra Coupe racer CSX2287and George?
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/ford/1964-shelby-cobra-daytona/index.shtml

Thank you. Did you know that Bill Stroud had a shelby cobra in 1965?
Beard

freddy the beard
11-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Red's last name was Breitkopf (unless you've read Jake Dyer's great book, hardly anybody knew he was Jewish). I THINK Paul's last name was spelled Brusslov. GF

George, you of course, are the greatest. Danke.

Beard

freddy the beard
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
George Brand was Spector's bodyguard/driver. He loved to play Straight Pool as well and he was my one and only regular Straight Pool opponent. We would play 50 points for $20 and the time. He never won! :wink:

It's Brusilov and Breitkopf.

Thank you brother Jay. Does Judy Meyer sound familiar re Santa Ana Rose?

Beard

jay helfert
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Thank you brother Jay. Does Judy Meyer sound familiar re Santa Ana Rose?

Beard

That could be it. Pancho told me her name once but I don't remember. She just wasn't my cup of tea. :rolleyes:

xplor
11-21-2012, 11:04 AM
No, did have two friends that did the original body work.

stevelomako
11-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Its Paul Bruseloff.

Trust me, I know a Dr.

jay helfert
11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Its Paul Bruseloff.

Trust me, I know a Dr.

This is probably correct. Thanks Steve.

freddy the beard
11-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Its Paul Bruseloff.

Trust me, I know a Dr.

Just so you know, Steve, along with Jay and others, you are quoted copiously in my new tome.

Beard

xplor
11-22-2012, 06:52 AM
The story of the lost Daytona Cobra.. The first of 6 and the only one built in entirely in America. For a long time car historians and collectors feared this car was lost. Records for this car were lost in the mid-1970s when it was sold to Phil Spector. Phil drove ths race car on the streets of Los Angeles until it would go no more . Rather than scrap it he sold it to George Brand , who gave it to his daughter. This was the car Carroll Shelby ran against Enzo Ferrari and won. A better stoy here:
http://www.historicvehicle.org/News/Articles/All-Articles/2012/06/11/Shelby-Daytona

Nostroke
11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
i think Breitkopf is closer and might be correct.

sorry didnt see jays reply