PDA

View Full Version : Daz selling his cues!!! Get em while their hot!!

RunoutJJ
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Darren Appleton is selling a bunch of his cues (including the one he won the Open with) on his facebook page. I told him to post it here in for sale section but if he doesn't you may want to contact him on facebook. Be pretty awesome to own one of Daz's cues!! Maybe he will leave some of his mojo on em :eek: :lol:

randallt6
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
can you copy his status on here? curious what cues hes selling.

dynamite
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
thanks mate.. yes the cue i on 2011 us open with and also the cue i played in 2012 with unto 4 weeks ago... world world 9ball with ..

5k 5 with 314s my 2011 cue

and 5k 6 with 3142 with bk break and soft sports pred case

serious offers only please ..if u want more details inbox me thanks or catch me on face book :-)

darren

rayjay
11-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I guess everything about the cues are irrelevant except the P shafts...that's a lot of dough for a couple p's. More information about the cues would be helpful...like who made them, specs, etc.

Black-Balled
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I guess everything about the cues are irrelevant except the P shafts...that's a lot of dough for a couple p's. More information about the cues would be helpful...like who made them, specs, etc.

I think 5k 5 and 5k 6 are Predator models, no?

rayjay
11-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Maybe/Probably, but I'm no expert and wouldn't know one if it bit me.

Ghosst
11-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Predator 5K5 (http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/predator/predator_5k5.htm)

Predator 5K6 (http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/predator/predator_5k6.htm)

randallt6
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
thanks mate.. yes the cue i on 2011 us open with and also the cue i played in 2012 with unto 4 weeks ago... world world 9ball with ..

5k 5 with 314s my 2011 cue

and 5k 6 with 3142 with bk break and soft sports pred case

serious offers only please ..if u want more details inbox me thanks or catch me on face book :-)

darren

Are you still with predator or are you using a different cue now?

Pidge
11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
i heard they closing one of darrens old stomping grounds. rileys - barnsley. damn shame

rayjay
11-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Predator 5K5 (http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/predator/predator_5k5.htm)

Predator 5K6 (http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/predator/predator_5k6.htm)

Thanks, lol, I thought he meant $5k5 and $5k6, lol. I guess for P folks, these are nice!
:grin:

Ghosst
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks, lol, I thought he meant $5k5 and $5k6, lol. I guess for P folks, these are nice!

I think it's good people will have a chance to own part of billiards history and these are great monuments of our sport. Imagine how nice it would be to own the cue Mosconi used to run his 526. Owning each cue that won a US Open title would be an amazing collection in itself as well.

As far as the sidetrack of Riley's, yes, they are being bought out. Only the privately held clubs will remain open. Whether those will keep the name I am not sure.

TheThaiger
11-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I think it's good people will have a chance to own part of billiards history and these are great monuments of our sport. Imagine how nice it would be to own the cue Mosconi used to run his 526. Owning each cue that won a US Open title would be an amazing collection in itself as well.

As far as the sidetrack of Riley's, yes, they are being bought out. Only the privately held clubs will remain open. Whether those will keep the name I am not sure.

1. Rileys. They went into administration to shed their debts, and have been bought out again, by the same lot as have just bought out Comet in similar circumstances. They have closed around 30 loss-making clubs with immediate effect, and are concentrating what resources the new owners have on those that remain. Worrying times - hate them or despise them, they were the only show in town. Rileys as a company are/were a shambles, but you've got to feel for the staff, who were lions led by donkeys.

From the Sunday Times

Some of the secretive investors poised to profit from the collapse of Comet are to take control of Britainís largest chain of snooker halls in controversial circumstances.

Rileys, which owns 120 clubs across Britain, is about to be bought by a little-known investment firm called Greybull Capital via a pre-pack administration. Pre-packs allow a troubled business to ditch debts and re-emerge as a new company free of liabilities.

Greybull is the backer of OpCapita, owner of Comet, the electrical retailer that collapsed last week after running out of cash. OpCapitaís founder, the former banker Henry Jackson, has been criticised after it emerged that his investors could profit from Cometís demise to the tune of tens of millions of pounds.

2. Does the previous owner of a cue affect its current value? I've bought & sold pro's cues and have not factored-in a premium for it.

randallt6
11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
2. Does the previous owner of a cue affect its current value? I've bought & sold pro's cues and have not factored-in a premium for it.

when it is the cue used to win a world championship or huge tournament (us open) then yes, it is a collectors item to many. may not be worth it for you but worth it for some people thats for sure. If i wasn't a student and had lots of disposable income I'd probably buy one and hang it in a case on the wall.