PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip! 4 spots for pros!

swami4u
11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
I have a new product i'm selling. It sales like hot cakes at any tournament-poolhall-ect ect in the nation.

The plan: 5 people travel the WHOLE US. We play at every major tournament in the country. The product i'm a re-seller for is hot. E-cigs. Company is Totally Wicked From the UK. The product will pay for all expenses to travel including gas, motels, and food.

500 per person (including me) to buy some more inventory. I already have 1k now. This will pay the way!

Anyone is welcome, as long as:

Your a pro player
Your not a dope head (don't mind some light smoking, anything else gets a camp setup right on the side of the highway.... no questions)
Laid back and DRAMA FREE!

Leaving out of DC area Jan 3rd 2013
I can pick up off 95 south......on the way to Tampa area. Can sway off the route some if i need.

Meeting on the 5th in Tampa.

Pm me for a spot. If your a Pro player that would like to get too every major tournament in the US...pretty much expense free.....here is your shot!
We will be playing pool non stop in every town. Selling product, and tourns'

Any profit left after travel expenses will be split up even.

Not good enough to travel? Spread the word, only 5 spots available.

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I have a couple of questions for you.

1) What exactly is the product?

2) What if the product does not sell as you anticipate? How do expenses get paid? I mean travel for 5 people isn't cheap.

I am sure I will have more questions. Let me know, thanks

Bob Jewett
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I have a couple of questions for you.

1) What exactly is the product?

2) What if the product does not sell as you anticipate? How do expenses get paid? I mean travel for 5 people isn't cheap.

I am sure I will have more questions. Let me know, thanks

Totally Wicked has a web site. If I had to guess, my guess would be that it is a multi-level marketing arrangement. I'm not sure why the OP is trying to prey on pool players. I doubt that many would be willing to give $500 to a stranger who will "meet them in Tampa" with the "product".

Seems NPR.

decent dennis
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
He's selling electronic cigarettes. I believe he's a little behind the times.

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm not really trying to knock the OP but I agree with Dennis and Bob on this. There are alot of questions. If I go with the assumption that its electronic cigarettes, just to play devils advocate how many needs to be sold at each location to make up the cost of lets just say 3 hotel rooms, and a tank of gas? Iwould guess thats $280. Not sure what the profit margins are either and again, I don't want to know the OP as I do not know him or her but I have made a couple of road trips myself and in my head the numbers don't work out. Swami, please explain a little more if you could. People on here do know a number of the pros who don't come on here and so may be able to help you. However I am not sure anyone who knows a pro would go to them with such limited info. Thanks agin.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Totally Wicked has a web site. If I had to guess, my guess would be that it is a multi-level marketing arrangement. I'm not sure why the OP is trying to prey on pool players. I doubt that many would be willing to give $500 to a stranger who will "meet them in Tampa" with the "product".

Seems NPR.

Prey on players? Look at my join date man? I'm a player........

The product sales easy' most pool halls are non smoking....Most pool halls don't mind e-cigs....So for us smokers, that play, having a ecig is a great thing.

As for the wise crack about me ripping people off on ecigs' you know right were you can stick that.
We meet in Tampa' load the car, go south 50 miles and pick up ecig products and travel the U.S. like real players do.......and i have done for yrs traveling......You don't have the nutz too do it, no prob..... But please keep out of real players business grouper' :D

swami4u
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Dub' post sorry.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not really trying to knock the OP but I agree with Dennis and Bob on this. There are alot of questions. If I go with the assumption that its electronic cigarettes, just to play devils advocate how many needs to be sold at each location to make up the cost of lets just say 3 hotel rooms, and a tank of gas? Iwould guess thats $280. Not sure what the profit margins are either and again, I don't want to know the OP as I do not know him or her but I have made a couple of road trips myself and in my head the numbers don't work out. Swami, please explain a little more if you could. People on here do know a number of the pros who don't come on here and so may be able to help you. However I am not sure anyone who knows a pro would go to them with such limited info. Thanks agin.

Fair enough....5 people = 2 rooms and a blow up.......the margin is about 50-100%. Selling the stuff on the beach, i made 150-200 a day......

Selling the stuff at major tournaments, poolhalls, ect ect is an easy sell. Players have to go outside to smoke. Most allow the the E cig inside. No stopping games to smoke ect. Plus i offer over 40 flavors and every smoker that has tried them loves them. BUT ONLY if the product is good. Totally Wicked is #1 in the UK, and getting huge in States. 5 people selling wont have no problem making 100-200 a day......add too that the income from tournaments-games-ect and its not too hard. The product sales itself to smokers after they try one. Playing pool on the road takes nutz and risk.

As for the behind the times crack...from another poster, get a clue.....Its a huge growing industry.

3RAILKICK
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Any investor, 'partner', associate, representative, etc., even pool players, will have a lot of questions before contributing money, time and reputation.

The questions may seem harsh, but, actually they provide an opportunity to further describe the business plans merits, overcome objections and present corroborating data.

Good luck with selling the venture concept and the product.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Any investor, 'partner', associate, representative, etc., even pool players, will have a lot of questions before contributing money, time and reputation.

The questions may seem harsh, but, actually they provide an opportunity to further describe the business plans merits, overcome objections and present corroborating data.

Good luck with selling the venture concept and the product.

Haha' really? Its a group of 5 players meeting in tampa, buying some product to sell and pay expenses to go play the game we all love. Nothing really more then that. Only the chicken's that cant travel hate on the idea.

The money side is so simple, a cave man could do it let me spell it out for those wanna be players that cant see such a easy plan

1: Meet in tampa (greyhound, fly, train, or i can pick up)
2: load the dam car
3: go too the main head quarters and purchase product to re sell (inventory)
4: throw a dam dart at a map, and go see what is there.
5: Plan the route to include all the best major tournaments in the U.S.

IMHO if 5 people can go out, play on the road, eat well. sleep well, and gain all that valuable experience, and break even...that person is a winner that has a story too tell for life. Lets not forget about all the fun, cool people, sights, and citys one gets too see while traveling. It's not about getting rich, thats a pipe dream, its about seeing the country, meeting cool people, and playing so much pool, your arm falls off.

Even suggesting i would go to meet some fellow players ask for 500 up front, then run with the cash is absurd beyond belief. And to suggest a pro player
would be dumb enough to fall for something like that is double absurd!

decent dennis
11-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Fair enough....5 people = 2 rooms and a blow up.......the margin is about 50-100%. Selling the stuff on the beach, i made 150-200 a day......

Selling the stuff at major tournaments, poolhalls, ect ect is an easy sell. Players have to go outside to smoke. Most allow the the E cig inside. No stopping games to smoke ect. Plus i offer over 40 flavors and every smoker that has tried them loves them. BUT ONLY if the product is good. Totally Wicked is #1 in the UK, and getting huge in States. 5 people selling wont have no problem making 100-200 a day......add too that the income from tournaments-games-ect and its not too hard. The product sales itself to smokers after they try one. Playing pool on the road takes nutz and risk.

As for the behind the times crack...from another poster, get a clue.....Its a huge growing industry.

Hey asswipe ,It wasn't a crack it's a fact sonny.

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Ok, again not being argumentative here. I think your idea is a good one. Whenever I come up with an idea I try to figure out why it won't work first and if I can get pas those reasons then I can move on and be creative and excited.

Here is one of the concerns I would have if I were you. What kind of Pro player is gonna go on a road trip and spend lets say 4 hours a day finding places and going around selling your product? Sounds more like a sales trip with chances of playing pool along the way. From my experience most of the top pros are not gonna be in for this, just saying. Now there may be some up and coming or lower level Pros who have no commitments and are willing to give it a shot. However there had better be results fast or they will be out of the deal. Just saying.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Ok, again not being argumentative here. I think your idea is a good one. Whenever I come up with an idea I try to figure out why it won't work first and if I can get pas those reasons then I can move on and be creative and excited.

Here is one of the concerns I would have if I were you. What kind of Pro player is gonna go on a road trip and spend lets say 4 hours a day finding places and going around selling your product? Sounds more like a sales trip with chances of playing pool along the way. From my experience most of the top pros are not gonna be in for this, just saying. Now there may be some up and coming or lower level Pros who have no commitments and are willing to give it a shot. However there had better be results fast or they will be out of the deal. Just saying.

It's cool, i dont think you are. I don't mind questions. I don't think you grasp life on the road. The product gets sold in the poolhall's to players, customers ect, With the owners permission of course. So anyone who thinks its a sales trip is way off base. Its a way to pick up a buck a day or so too help with travel expenses. IMHO, playing pool on the road is a losing proposition, unless, you have another form of income to keep the travel money out lay low. So the product helps with that, it wont cure the problem, but it will keep money coming in all the time. Lets say for example Efern' comes into the pool hall one night, and says want too buy some ecigs i need some gas money, and then we can hit some balls for a hour, you going to buy the ecigs and help him out? Then get some good practice also? Sure you are.

The selling is all based around playing pool, traveling, having fun. It has been done like that many times. To many so called pros' sitting on there asses, scared to death to go travel on a shoestring. This idea gives 5-6 people the ability to go do it, and have some money coming in, no matter if its 20 or 200 a day, it all helps with keeping the tires spinning and the belly full.

I heard about a player named pots and pans, heard he got the name because he sold guess what, on the road when he traveled. In this day and age of pool, you have too have $$$ coming in regular to play pool, or your one of those pros that sits on your ass, crying about no money. Know why there is no money, the said pro is too dam dumb or lazy to figure out a way to make some cash while playing pool, on the side......

Spimp13
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't mind questions. I don't think you grasp life on the road.

I kind of got a chuckle from this...You do know who Mark is and what he does before you typed this right?

RealLive
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
i wouldn't want some random guy trying to slang e-cigs (an old technology, nothing new, nothing WOWs) at MY poolhall to MY patrons

just saying...cuz the above would be the point of view of most owners

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Ok, the travel, the fun, the experience are all good. I still think you are not gonna get top named pros (Like Efren) to do this and so the advantage (that I agree with) of having a pro there to help get the sales based on name alone isn't gonna be there. I am really not sure if I can think of a pro with any name recognition who would do it. Not trying to burst your bubble man but these things turn expensive. I think it would be alot of great fun and great experience for a younger top amature that wants to get the experience and pay his dues.

peteypooldude
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I kind of got a chuckle from this...You do know who Mark is and what he does before you typed this right?

I thought the same thing also lol

RunoutJJ
Not to be a a jerk about things but this isnt going to work. I know that you have this grand idea and it may make perfect sense to you but to others it doesnt. Not trying to rattle your cage or piss on your parade but if you indeed go through with this idea.... I suggest you get guys that arent exactly pros and maybe good shortstops at best. People that have no real goals or rational thinking for themselves. Then if all else fails they can drift about goalless like they did before.

Not trying to be harsh but im trying to help by being realistic..

swami4u

Not a clue' no disrespect to him, maybe i worded it wrong.... But if your applying he has experience traveling, then he should already know how hard it is to make $$ in playing pool alone. And would already see the benefit in begin able to make a extra buck or two a day, when times are slow......I dont know many players that would not like to travel, play pool all day, eat well, sleep well, and pick up a couple hun' a day doing it. Do you?
Ecigs- Its a easy sell' and it keeps the motor running to open up all the other 'things' one comes into, while traveling and playing.

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
It's cool, i dont think you are. I don't mind questions. I don't think you grasp life on the road. The product gets sold in the poolhall's to players, customers ect, With the owners permission of course. So anyone who thinks its a sales trip is way off base. Its a way to pick up a buck a day or so too help with travel expenses. IMHO, playing pool on the road is a losing proposition, unless, you have another form of income to keep the travel money out lay low. So the product helps with that, it wont cure the problem, but it will keep money coming in all the time. Lets say for example Efern' comes into the pool hall one night, and says want too buy some ecigs i need some gas money, and then we can hit some balls for a hour, you going to buy the ecigs and help him out? Then get some good practice also? Sure you are.

The selling is all based around playing pool, traveling, having fun. It has been done like that many times. To many so called pros' sitting on there asses, scared to death to go travel on a shoestring. This idea gives 5-6 people the ability to go do it, and have some money coming in, no matter if its 20 or 200 a day, it all helps with keeping the tires spinning and the belly full.

I heard about a player named pots and pans, heard he got the name because he sold guess what, on the road when he traveled. In this day and age of pool, you have too have $$$ coming in regular to play pool, or your one of those pros that sits on your ass, crying about no money. Know why there is no money, the said pro is too dam dumb or lazy to figure out a way to make some cash while playing pool, on the side......
Oh, and to just correct you I do have a grasp of life on the road. I know the good times and the bad. At the end of the day the players of any name don't want to break even. So I say again, a good, young amature looking for travel and experience would be better for this than a Pro.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh, and to just correct you I do have a grasp of life on the road. I know the good times and the bad. At the end of the day the players of any name don't want to break even. So I say again, a good, young amature looking for travel and experience would be better for this than a Pro.

I see your point' and respect that. And you might very well be right. As for the "pros dont want to break even", true' and that's why so many sit on there ass and cry..and hate..Saying there is no money in pool ect ect....Some don't respect the game at all......It's not about the big score, that's fun when it happens, no doubt, and it keeps the fire burning for the game.....But, its about all the experiences you get once you travel. If one don't see that, then they are missing the whole dam point of the game' Which is more common then not.

Question: If you could go right now, travel the U.S for 2 years, play pool as much as you can, see all there is too see in the country, meet all kinds of people, make your own story's in the future to tell the young players, have a shot of playing in every major tournenment in every major city around, and the worst thing that might happen is you come home even....would you go do it?

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Not a clue' no disrespect to him, maybe i worded it wrong.... But if your applying he has experience traveling, then he should already know how hard it is to make $$ in playing pool alone. And would already see the benefit in begin able to make a extra buck or two a day, when times are slow......I dont know many players that would not like to travel, play pool all day, eat well, sleep well, and pick up a couple hun' a day doing it. Do you?
Ecigs- Its a easy sell' and it keeps the motor running to open up all the other 'things' one comes into, while traveling and playing.
No disrespect on my part. I do thank the previous posters for recognizing that I know some things in this area. Please listen, I am trying to help you here. If I put on my fortune teller hat I say that you are gonna piss off a couple of pros if they even take you up on it, make a couple of enemies, and come home having spent ALOT of your own money on just getting by. Just rethink it. I know its hard when you think you have a great idea and there is no way for it to fail and then you get hit with a little reality that your baby is ugly.
I have maybe 4 or 5 people who are high profile in this business and when I have an idea I first see how it won't work as I said. Then I call these people who have been around the block a few times and I tell them what What to try. These guys have no problem bursting my bubble and questioning if I have been drinking or if I am stoned. Sometimes the majority will say you are smoking crack, it wonb't work and here is why. I hate to do it but I have to relook at my project and sometimes scrap the whole thing. Sometimes the majority will say "Hey just change that and I think its good" And every so often they will like it. So I think you need to re look at this before you go any further.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
No disrespect on my part. I do thank the previous posters for recognizing that I know some things in this area. Please listen, I am trying to help you here. If I put on my fortune teller hat I say that you are gonna piss off a couple of pros if they even take you up on it, make a couple of enemies, and come home having spent ALOT of your own money on just getting by. Just rethink it. I know its hard when you think you have a great idea and there is no way for it to fail and then you get hit with a little reality that your baby is ugly.
I have maybe 4 or 5 people who are high profile in this business and when I have an idea I first see how it won't work as I said. Then I call these people who have been around the block a few times and I tell them what What to try. These guys have no problem bursting my bubble and questioning if I have been drinking or if I am stoned. Sometimes the majority will say you are smoking crack, it wonb't work and here is why. I hate to do it but I have to relook at my project and sometimes scrap the whole thing. Sometimes the majority will say "Hey just change that and I think its good" And every so often they will like it. So I think you need to re look at this before you go any further.

So answer the question....:grin: would you go or not?

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
I see your point' and respect that. And you might very well be right. As for the "pros dont want to break even", true' and that's why so many sit on there ass and cry..and hate..Saying there is no money in pool ect ect....Some don't respect the game at all......It's not about the big score, that's fun when it happens, no doubt, and it keeps the fire burning for the game.....But, its about all the experiences you get once you travel. If one don't see that, then they are missing the whole dam point of the game' Which is more common then not.

Question: If you could go right now, travel the U.S for 2 years, play pool as much as you can, see all there is too see in the country, meet all kinds of people, make your own story's in the future to tell the young players, have a shot of playing in every major tournenment in every major city around, and the worst thing that might happen is you come home even....would you go do it?
I have done it. Not 2 years straight through but alot more than the equivilent. I have always made money doing it too. Not trying to one up you or show off either but if you are gonna do it do it so that it can make money. There is nothing wrong with that. I think if you figure it out you will have a blast.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I have done it. Not 2 years straight through but alot more than the equivilent. I have always made money doing it too. Not trying to one up you or show off either but if you are gonna do it do it so that it can make money. There is nothing wrong with that. I think if you figure it out you will have a blast.

I love a good debate: and im in no way pissed, or offended.

It's simple

One way to think about it is
No, your not going to get rich doing this. I agree 100% Mark.

My way of thinking about it is:
Its not about the money, its about the game, begin able to play it full time, eat, sleep, and have fun and love life. The ecigs keep the tires spinning, and the fun going on, and the action constant. I'm under no crack fantasy that its a money making venture.

And you dont need to answer the question, i know you would jump on the boat if the down side risk was breaking even! And if your a busness man, you already know upside and downside risk.The upside is you travel a couple years, and come home with 50k.......The down side is you come home with a huge smile on your face, and need to pump back up, or get a day job! :thumbup:

For the Ecigs, like i said, i make 100-200 a day clear working 3 hours on the beach, while looking at hot gals in g strings........am i rich, no, but life could be alot more tuff! I'm going to mix in what i already know is a 100-200$ a day thing, with playing pool for a yr or two. I thought it is rather cool of me to try to include a couple of players in it. But some others (not you) seem to treat the offer like im a jackass......and people wonder whats wrong with pool?

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 03:19 PM
So answer the question....:grin: would you go or not?
I will say this. If I was 21 years old with no responsibilities, a ton of raw talant and wanted to see the USA? there is a good chance that I would do it. Again, you can't rely on the star power of someone like this to help sell your product. You also can't depend on them winning or even cashing in all the tourneys you go to. There are a whole bunch on unknown players across this country that would give the top pros a hard time.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I will say this. If I was 21 years old with no responsibilities, a ton of raw talant and wanted to see the USA? there is a good chance that I would do it. Again, you can't rely on the star power of someone like this to help sell your product. You also can't depend on them winning or even cashing in all the tourneys you go to. There are a whole bunch on unknown players across this country that would give the top pros a hard time.

Thats why you sell something to offset the expenses....so you dont need to come home with a hound tail between your legs! And im not trying to show off myself, but all states, 20 yrs, 3 times. I know about bumps.......If your making $$ and playing pool we can agree life is much easier!

:thumbup:

Cant help those that have family's and jobs ect...its a idea for players that do it full time, and are tired of sitting on the ass wishing they could play more. . Happens to the best of emm....Agree, not a situation that would fit for someone with a family, kids, ect.

Good conversation. Anyone that wants to go and play pool' old school style, and has the gutz to do it, pm me, with a # and i'll call and we can see if its a good fit.

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 03:30 PM
I love a good debate: and im in no way pissed, or offended.

It's simple

One way to think about it is
No, your not going to get rich doing this. I agree 100% Mark.

My way of thinking about it is:
Its not about the money, its about the game, begin able to play it full time, eat, sleep, and have fun and love life. The ecigs keep the tires spinning, and the fun going on, and the action constant. I'm under no crack fantasy that its a money making venture.

And you dont need to answer the question, i know you would jump on the boat if the down side risk was breaking even! And if your a busness man, you already know upside and downside risk.The upside is you travel a couple years, and come home with 50k.......The down side is you come home with a huge smile on your face, and need to pump back up, or get a day job! :thumbup:

For the Ecigs, like i said, i make 100-200 a day clear working 3 hours on the beach, while looking at hot gals in g strings........am i rich, no, but life could be alot more tuff! I'm going to mix in what i already know is a 100-200$ a day thing, with playing pool for a yr or two. I thought it is rather cool of me to try to include a couple of players in it. But some others (not you) seem to treat the offer like im a jackass......and people wonder whats wrong with pool?
Just so you know, the others on here who have commented and that you obvioulsy took offence to. Are pretty well versed in the game, the road, the players etc. I can understand why they have said what they said. Everyone is gonna be suspicious of something like this and everyone can be a critic. The previous posters are all good guys with a ton of knowledge. Sometimes things come across wrong. Hey good luck to ya, fine tune this a little and you may have something. There is alot of risk in your proposal, if its as good as a done deal. Sponsor them, guarentee the hotel and travel and they promise to help promote the product (wear a t shirt etc) you keep the cig money and a % of everything thats made by each player. That sounds more like it but you still need a decent name or two to pull it off inb my opinion. Nice chatting with you and I hope you figure it out I really do think that you would be in for a great experience.

bfdlad
11-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Thats why you sell something to offset the expenses....so you dont need to come home with a hound tail between your legs! And im not trying to show off myself, but all states, 20 yrs, 3 times. I know about bumps.......If your making $$ and playing pool we can agree life is much easier!

:thumbup:

Cant help those that have family's and jobs ect...its a idea for players that do it full time, and are tired of sitting on the ass wishing they could play more. . Happens to the best of emm....Agree, not a situation that would fit for someone with a family, kids, ect.

Good conversation. Anyone that wants to go and play pool' old school style, and has the gutz to do it, pm me, with a # and i'll call and we can see if its a good fit.
If I could play pool for a living it would be awesome. Unfortunatley God in his infinate wisdom chose to to **** with me and let me get to a level and keep the next level out of reach. I am really good at making phone calls though :)

swami4u
11-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Just so you know, the others on here who have commented and that you obvioulsy took offence to. Are pretty well versed in the game, the road, the players etc. I can understand why they have said what they said. Everyone is gonna be suspicious of something like this and everyone can be a critic. The previous posters are all good guys with a ton of knowledge. Sometimes things come across wrong. Hey good luck to ya, fine tune this a little and you may have something. There is alot of risk in your proposal, if its as good as a done deal. Sponsor them, guarentee the hotel and travel and they promise to help promote the product (wear a t shirt etc) you keep the cig money and a % of everything thats made by each player. That sounds more like it but you still need a decent name or two to pull it off inb my opinion. Nice chatting with you and I hope you figure it out I really do think that you would be in for a great experience.

Now you are feeling me Mark....That's about what it is in a nut shell. Players can keep there winnings and pay there own fee's ect ect off there profits....i make money off the Ecigs and keep the wheels turning.

good talking with you too man.

Blue Hog ridr
11-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a fun time to be had.
I would question the timing of selling E Cigs tho. They have been out for some time now and anyone that has had the inclination of trying them pretty much has, and at a cheap price.

I remember a guy trying to sell us the Cigs on Freemont St several years ago for an outrageous price.

Thanks, but I didn't come to Vegas to quit smoking.

My wife found them on the Net for a 1/4 of the asking price in Vegas.

Good luck tho. Maybe you should try the Easy Rider approach to traveling across America.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a fun time to be had.
I would question the timing of selling E Cigs tho. They have been out for some time now and anyone that has had the inclination of trying them pretty much has, and at a cheap price.

I remember a guy trying to sell us the Cigs on Freemont St several years ago for an outrageous price.

Thanks, but I didn't come to Vegas to quit smoking.

My wife found them on the Net for a 1/4 of the asking price in Vegas.

Good luck tho. Maybe you should try the Easy Rider approach to traveling across America.

Your first mistake was begin on freemont' lol' easyridr' approach to travel, i play it str8' no amount of $$ is worth a cage......For the live free side of it, no strings, do as i please....go were i want, see what there is to see....i got 20 yrs wrapped up in that way of thinking, and i'm not slowing down yet.

L8tr man

RunoutJJ
11-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I really love the replies that you post. Almost sounds like a teenager type of respone.

That brings up another question.... How old are you?? Just curious.

JB Cases
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
My advice is to to make sure it's cool with the room owners before trying to sell anything in their rooms. When I did the road selling cases I always cleared it with the room owner before making any kind of sales move in his place. Generally I would offer 10% of sales or the equivalent in product for the privilege.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 05:23 PM
I really love the replies that you post. Almost sounds like a teenager type of respone.

That brings up another question.... How old are you?? Just curious.

Teenager type of response? I'm old enough not to cross a bridge, with the odd, living under a rock, mushroom troll close by? :thumbup:

RunoutJJ
11-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Teenager type of response? I'm old enough not to cross a bridge, with the odd, living under a rock, mushroom troll close by? :thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

swami4u
11-21-2012, 05:27 PM
My advice is to to make sure it's cool with the room owners before trying to sell anything in their rooms. When I did the road selling cases I always cleared it with the room owner before making any kind of sales move in his place. Generally I would offer 10% of sales or the equivalent in product for the privilege.

If you read up there in one of my record setting, million post ramble's, you'll see i said the same thing......"with the owners permission of course" :thumbup: I dont do shady. Good advice thxs. And its nice to see i'm not the only one that likes to travel, play pool, and make a few bucks along the way bud! Now if i could only get so lucky, and end up around a bunch of hot china lady's like you did, i would be all set!

derekdisco
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Put down myself and Chris Bartram. Were gonna see if Mikey Frost, David Parker, and Andrew Cleary wanna go also.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Put down myself and Chris Bartram. Were gonna see if Mikey Fros, David Parker, and Andre Cleary wanna go also.

Yea' that would work. Prob. make 2 bucks a day before anyone hit a ball with that line up........1k a week would be easy to make, just to cover the lavish life style of the rich and famous crew!

derekdisco
11-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, were down. Just let us know.

nobcitypool
11-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Don't know if your concept is sound or not. Assuming it is, I think your math is flawed.

Assuming there is a 50% margin, for 5 guys to make $100 each per day, you'd have to sell $1,000 worth of product ($500 cost, $500 profit divided by 5 = $100 each). I question that you find that many pool halls where the clientele has $1,000 to spend on ecigs on a given night.

You want to take 5 pros into a pool hall, once again, I think it would be a struggle to find that many marks on most night with $100 to $500 or more to lose. In other words, your available market likely isn't large enough to support 5 people every day of the week.

If your concept is to work, seems like it has a better chance to succeed with 2 to 3 people at most. Also, you apparently are going to purchase $2500 worth of product to start. At the margins I earlier described, that makes you $2500 total. Divide by 5, that is $500 each. At $100 per day, that is 5 days. What then? I assume you can get it shipped to you. So 2 days after you start your trip, you'll have to reorder or you'll be out of your revenue source. If it took $2500 on the first order, safe to assume it will take $2500 for the reorder. So you'll have to generate $2500 in profit the first two days in excess of your expenses in order to finance your resupply needs. Doesn't sound like you have a credit card to order with so how do you plan to make that work?

swami4u
11-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Don't know if your concept is sound or not. Assuming it is, I think your math is flawed.

Assuming there is a 50% margin, for 5 guys to make $100 each per day, you'd have to sell $1,000 worth of product ($500 cost, $500 profit divided by 5 = $100 each). I question that you find that many pool halls where the clientele has $1,000 to spend on ecigs on a given night.

You want to take 5 pros into a pool hall, once again, I think it would be a struggle to find that many marks on most night with $100 to $500 or more to lose. In other words, your available market likely isn't large enough to support 5 people every day of the week.

If your concept is to work, seems like it has a better chance to succeed with 2 to 3 people at most. Also, you apparently are going to purchase $2500 worth of product to start. At the margins I earlier described, that makes you $2500 total. Divide by 5, that is $500 each. At $100 per day, that is 5 days. What then? I assume you can get it shipped to you. So 2 days after you start your trip, you'll have to reorder or you'll be out of your revenue source. If it took $2500 on the first order, safe to assume it will take $2500 for the reorder. So you'll have to generate $2500 in profit the first two days in excess of your expenses in order to finance your resupply needs. Doesn't sound like you have a credit card to order with so how do you plan to make that work?

Don't need too make 100 each a day' need to make about 150-200 a day total to eat & motel.....

And if we need to reload on product every 2 weeks' don't ya think that's a good problem to have? We will go to a location for 4-7 days+ - each stop.
It's not a non stop circle around the US.

Again, the idea is not to get rich selling e-cigs, the idea is to cover travel expenses. And keep the players around action. Any winnings over base expenses is the bee's knees....right?

So 5-6 pro players, cant drum up a 100 in action/lessons a day, plus the ecig money? That's 150-300 a day to cover expenses......don't think 5 guys can live off 150-300 a day???? And don't forget to factor in the small local tournaments, opens, that pay 100-300 a pop. Bar tournaments? ect ect..
Imagination is the biggest part of the game.....

200 a day is not hard.....that keeps the train rolling, the rest is up to how much money is won......like it always has been..

Now the flip side is bulking up, before you make a move.....for every day of driving, your losing gas money, food, and a motel every night (for a long drive) So it might cost 400 too go 2 days dwn the road, so you want to make sure you have a pot at the end of that rainbow. That's were road experience comes into play.

But this trip is about mixing in local tournaments, bar tournaments, regional tournaments, and national tournaments. And every one of those will net profits in sales....the action and winning the tournament is always a chance, like it always has been. The only real difference here is the ecigs and all they do is generate some extra income to cover what hurts a road players wallet the most, expenses.

There is other ways to generate income also, buy and sell cues, ect
Also, there is sometimes backers that like to take good players around,
and some times, there is a floor at a players house for a week or two for a cool crew, that have some good herbs and don't mind buying a case.. ect...that helps with expenses also.

Everyone says AZ and the like kills road players, it kills road hustlers..... difference. Think a group of 5 pros are going to sneak up on anyone? :D
I dont think so...... you use AZ to network......Hey we are coming to location X need a place for a week, who got the spot. We have the budda and beer. Its all about having fun, playing pool, seeing the country, and meeting cool people.
The money comes and go's up and down. This is what one misses when they get all locked into money money money.....The game never gets old when your having fun playing, if you aren't having fun playing, quit. Its unreal how many people don't get this..Fun is traveling, playing pool all day, not having to work like a migrant worker 9-5, eating good, and seeing the country......That's my thinking, and if its not yours, this is not the trip for you.

JB Cases
11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
If you read up there in one of my record setting, million post ramble's, you'll see i said the same thing......"with the owners permission of course" :thumbup: I dont do shady. Good advice thxs. And its nice to see i'm not the only one that likes to travel, play pool, and make a few bucks along the way bud! Now if i could only get so lucky, and end up around a bunch of hot china lady's like you did, i would be all set!

Sorry I didn't see it, well then in that case I say GO FOR IT. One of the best times of my life (except for the extra 30lbs I put on) was buying a van and traveling the USA hitting all the tournaments, shows and pool rooms I could selling Instroke cases.

I went from coast to coast and border to border to border. And when the kids are a bit older I might damn well do it again with the family.

Good luck on your journey and remember the more people the more strife but somehow I think you have a good bead on what you want to do. Wish I had the pool stroke and the time to join you.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Sorry I didn't see it, well then in that case I say GO FOR IT. One of the best times of my life (except for the extra 30lbs I put on) was buying a van and traveling the USA hitting all the tournaments, shows and pool rooms I could selling Instroke cases.

I went from coast to coast and border to border to border. And when the kids are a bit older I might damn well do it again with the family.

Good luck on your journey and remember the more people the more strife but somehow I think you have a good bead on what you want to do. Wish I had the pool stroke and the time to join you.

Thxs, i agree 100%! You sold cases, and got too see the country. Not once did you mention the money you made or didnt make, you talked about the fun you had traveling. No amount of money can replace good memory's. Its a little better if the money is right too, but its not everything. With some of the comments, i wonder if there are any players left with a sense of adventure, and willing to take a risk, without a already set outcome?

nobcitypool
11-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't need too make 100 each a day' need to make about 150-200 a day total to eat & motel.....

And if we need to reload on product every 2 weeks' don't ya think that's a good problem to have? We will go to a location for 4-7 days+ - each stop.
It's not a non stop circle around the US.

Again, the idea is not to get rich selling e-cigs, the idea is to cover travel expenses. And keep the players around action. Any winnings over base expenses is the bee's knees....right?

So 5-6 pro players, cant drum up a 100 in action/lessons a day, plus the ecig money? That's 150-300 a day to cover expenses......don't think 5 guys can live off 150-300 a day???? And don't forget to factor in the small local tournaments, opens, that pay 100-300 a pop. Bar tournaments? ect ect..
Imagination is the biggest part of the game.....

200 a day is not hard.....that keeps the train rolling, the rest is up to how much money is won......like it always has been..

Now the flip side is bulking up, before you make a move.....for every day of driving, your losing gas money, food, and a motel every night (for a long drive) So it might cost 400 too go 2 days dwn the road, so you want to make sure you have a pot at the end of that rainbow. That's were road experience comes into play.

Okay, understood. Different lifestyle, I easily spend $200 per day or more by myself when I travel. LOL. With that said, I wish I were 30 years younger with a good enough stroke to join your group. Sounds like it has the potential to be quite memorable. Good luck and be safe.

swami4u
11-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Okay, understood. Different lifestyle, I easily spend $200 per day or more by myself when I travel. LOL. With that said, I wish I were 30 years younger with a good enough stroke to join your group. Sounds like it has the potential to be quite memorable. Good luck and be safe.

Haha' don't get me wrong, i hope we make enough to travel, stay in a Hilton every night, and drink Dom. I always look at the low side first, then the upside is that much more sweet if it happens. Good luck to you too.

banged up
11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I am a lousy salesman and a worse player lol but it sounds like an idea with potential. As far as the e cigs go i can tell you i think they are great IF you get the right ones. Awful lot of cheap / inferior product out there that's a waste of peoples time / money.

Put_upor_shutup
11-22-2012, 03:31 AM
Put down myself and Chris Bartram. Were gonna see if Mikey Frost, David Parker, and Andrew Cleary wanna go also.

I always wanted to get a feel for smoking cigarettes without actually risking the cancer part..He'll yea.I'm in..As long as we take turns with the radio..I however don't run out and would be willing to risk the whole teams daily revenue on the outcome of a coin flip..sweeeet..Where is the first stop?Thanks David Parker

The Renfro
11-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Pick up 3 guys and then the e-cigs.... Drive NW Immediately and find Geno out around OK or whereever he is.... He already has 2 men and a van AND I AM SURE he would be your TOP seller of the e-cigs to get himself out of the smoke!!!

ironman
11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Pick up 3 guys and then the e-cigs.... Drive NW Immediately and find Geno out around OK or whereever he is.... He already has 2 men and a van AND I AM SURE he would be your TOP seller of the e-cigs to get himself out of the smoke!!!

Two in a car is crowded. Three is a pain in the ass. Four is just plain scary.
Five would be like a nightmare.