PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there breaking with an OB-1 Shaft?

Nanuk
11-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello,

I have recently started breaking with my playing cue, I seem to have better control and make more balls on the break.

The cue has an OB-1 shaft on it. I was just curious if anyone else has tried that. I wouldn't want to damage the shaft in any way.

Thanks for any input.:)

desmocourtney
11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
I broke with one for a couple of years when just messing around. No damage what so ever. The Everest tip was very soft for breaking, but it worked ok.

Jobba786
11-21-2012, 10:31 PM
I do break with an ob break shaft. It has a samsara jump and break tip on. The break shaft is a little thicker than the ob1. As long as you keep the carbon fiber on your ob1 shaft, I wouldn't be afraid of using it for breaking, but you should consider a harder tip than the everest (as already mentioned here). My playing shaft is an ob1, and occasionally I break with it, but for serious matches I prefer the break shaft with the harder tip.

-Jon Birger

Nanuk
11-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I do break with an ob break shaft. It has a samsara jump and break tip on. The break shaft is a little thicker than the ob1. As long as you keep the carbon fiber on your ob1 shaft, I wouldn't be afraid of using it for breaking, but you should consider a harder tip than the everest (as already mentioned here). My playing shaft is an ob1, and occasionally I break with it, but for serious matches I prefer the break shaft with the harder tip.

-Jon Birger

Thanks for your input. My shaft actually has a Kamui black SS on it now. Probably not the idea tip for breaking, but it really works for me as a playing tip. It seems like the OB-1 and the OB break are very similar as far as the construction goes. Tip diameter is 13mm on the break shaft and the tip is the Samsara hard leather tip. Any other differences? Maybe someone from OB can chime in...