PDA

View Full Version : Darren Appleton

JoeyA
11-23-2012, 08:48 AM
I just noticed that Darren does a bit of coaching for those who enjoy learning from the pros.

His rates are reasonable. $50 an hour. Minimum two hours.

He covers a lot of ground during a coaching session:
Pattern Play
Playing stance
Cueing
Safety play and percentage
Breaking
Kicking
Mental Strength
Tutoring in the SEE System

The guy is an obvious beast on the table. I think if I am somewhere near where he is going to be, I will have to make an effort to take advantage of his coaching.

I would be most curious about everything he has to teach especially his "Mental Strength", which appears to be off the charts.

KoolKat9Lives
11-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't forget to bring a translator. J/K!

I'm kinda shocked that he's at $50/hour. Wow. Seems like stealing!

Granted, he's one of the best players on the planet and you don't get there by not knowing your stuff inside and out. I wonder how good his instructional skill set is? Anyone have a lesson or two from him?

KK9 <-- Daz is one of my faves

JoeyA
11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Don't forget to bring a translator. J/K!

I'm kinda shocked that he's at $50/hour. Wow. Seems like stealing!

Granted, he's one of the best players on the planet and you don't get there by not knowing your stuff inside and out. I wonder how good his instructional skill set is? Anyone have a lesson or two from him?

KK9 <-- Daz is one of my faves

Shhhhhhh! Not stealing on the $50/hour......:ignore:

Good question. I would love to hear a review on his lessons.

fool4pool
11-23-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm sure that Darren can spend some great time giving special advice to newer players and perhaps us shortstops as well.

Noel

RAMIII
11-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Wow, that's cheap! Would be good to hear about his movements through the country and times when he's offering lessons.

Pay Up Sucker
11-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Do you think Fran and scott will let him post in the ask the instructor thread? just kidding :p

Craig
11-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Believe or not but some people get great satisfaction out of just helping some one become a better person or better at what they do with out charging a second mortgage for it. So Darren may enjoy seeing other people improve/succeed in life and just charges a small fee for his time.

Blue Hog ridr
11-23-2012, 04:18 PM
We never get the good stuff or guys up here.
A hundred and I bet your cueing, stroke, well everything, will be greatly improved.

Pidge
11-23-2012, 04:35 PM
The "mental thrength" is all us Brits have! Lol I wish.

Shame I'm not in the US otherwise I'd gladly pay 100. He played at a club right on my doorstep back in the day and the guys he played with that are still playing there are always willing to play against you and give you some advice. Really top quality players willing to play you and advise you for free, not something many people would do.

$50 an hour is insane! If he charged 2x or 3x he'd easily get too many request. Obviously he enjoys the game and passing on his knowledge and experience so I wish him the best of luck in the coaching scene.

The Renfro
11-23-2012, 04:38 PM
If he doubled it you would still be stealing.... granted you won't likely have homework to do before your next scheduled session but he will address what he sees....

Nostroke
11-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Crazy low price!!

peteypooldude
11-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Upon hearing this I sent him a message . I've got a couple days lined up if he chooses to do them

JoeyA
11-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Upon hearing this I sent him a message . I've got a couple days lined up if he chooses to do them

Peteypooldude,
Don't forget to give JoeyA credit for the heads-up. :wink: Maybe he will tell me some special secrets when I take the coaching session. :smile: