PDA

View Full Version : why isnt there any bar box championships for delaware

delsharky
11-23-2012, 09:33 AM
just curious why i haven't heard of any bar box championship tournaments in Delaware. Plenty of places to have them but never heard of any being held. Would love to see someone hold one.

Yukon Ed
11-23-2012, 10:37 PM
just curious why i haven't heard of any bar box championship tournaments in Delaware. Plenty of places to have them but never heard of any being held. Would love to see someone hold one.

I like your Bonus Ball avatar; you should promote a Bonus Ball tourney in DE. I'm totally out of the loop, but how many other states have bar box "championships"?

DelaWho???
11-24-2012, 06:15 AM

There isn't an establishment in Delaware that could handle it. Pockets has a total of 7 tables and is the largest box establisnment I know of in DE. If you are talking about a 64 man board with a decent race (9 on win side 7 on loss side for example) would not get played out over the course of the weekend.

It would have to be done over a couple weekends, with county tourneys in the largest locations in each county and the top players from each playing achampionship tourney at Pockets the following weekend. Keeping the final tourney to 32 players means that you could get it done with a decent race on a weekend.

I'd participate.

:cool: