PDA

View Full Version : Black Diamond Table!!!!

RunoutJJ
11-25-2012, 10:04 AM
I would love to see a Diamond table with jet black rails!! I use to play on a Brunswick GC that had black rails it it looked double slick!! Any of you photoshop guys wanna do it up to see what it would look like?? I bet it would look really nice....

Here's a pic of the GC

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/26516_111987818836511_450242_n.jpg

TATE
11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
They make them:

RunoutJJ
11-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Oh ahahahaha silly me I forgot about those. I was thinking more of a sloid color black and not the stained wood look. Smooth black surface..

That one look like an off tone of black and not jet black.

iusedtoberich
11-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Last year I enquired during the factory tour at DCC about a jet black Diamond. They can do it with paint, but not with Dymaondwood rails. The manufacturer of Dyamondwood can't make them jet black, and Diamond has asked them in the past for jet black. They are more like black with grey streaks in it.

Also, the standard Diamond wood is oak (real wood). If you wanted that jet black, you would still be able to see the cathedral oak grain through the color. Best bet is to choose maple or birch for the table instead of oak, then have them paint that jet black. Those two woods are closed pore woods, and smooth grain. They are excellent for painting in a solid color, because the grain does not show through.

John Brumback
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
first try at posting a pic.Hope it works,If it does this my black table.John B.

putt-putt44
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Nice ''JB'',,,

Now the Real question is ''WWETD''??

What would ''Eddie Taylor'' do ,,??

Probably smile........!

Alan,,,,,,,

Black Cat 5791
11-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Checkout this link to my old table. This is exactly how the Black Table will look with Maple. My Table was the first one produced made to order by Diamond with this color scheme.

I was truly happy with the table and when I'm able to get another it'll will be the same setup.

Hope this helps. Black Cat :cool:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=1492587#post1492587

ctyhntr
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Great informative post. I may be wrong, but I believe the rails on the gold crowns are covered in formica veneers. To offer a veneer table maybe less expensive to construct, as you can use cheaper woods.

Last year I enquired during the factory tour at DCC about a jet black Diamond. They can do it with paint, but not with Dymaondwood rails. The manufacturer of Dyamondwood can't make them jet black, and Diamond has asked them in the past for jet black. They are more like black with grey streaks in it.

Also, the standard Diamond wood is oak (real wood). If you wanted that jet black, you would still be able to see the cathedral oak grain through the color. Best bet is to choose maple or birch for the table instead of oak, then have them paint that jet black. Those two woods are closed pore woods, and smooth grain. They are excellent for painting in a solid color, because the grain does not show through.