PDA

View Full Version : Cue Butts

Mole Eye
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I picked up a friend's Pat Diviney cue the other day that he had just bought, and I noticed that the butt was quite a bit smaller in diameter than any cue I had ever used. It REALLY felt nice, and I was wondering first, if all Diviney cues are that way, and second, are there other cues or cue makers who also do that. Thanks for the help.
T

Black-Balled
11-28-2012, 06:30 PM
did you search the intrenet for skinny butts?
diveneys rule!

Mole Eye
11-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Nay, I did not think I would get the answer I was searching for. Let me know what you come up with. The thought did come to mind though.
T

roberthans
11-29-2012, 05:01 AM
My son has a J&J jump breakwith a slim butt. It feels really comfortable. The thing is, it feels fairly small but it is only one sixteenth smaller than most of our other cues.

Mole Eye
11-29-2012, 06:04 AM
My friend said he measured it, and it was only 1/16th smaller than his normal cues. For such a small amount, it sure made a big difference!

Black-Balled
11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
My friend said he measured it, and it was only 1/16th smaller than his normal cues. For such a small amount, it sure made a big difference!

I have a couple Diveneys and other SPetes from other makers and the Diveney is a tad on the slim end, but I have certainly had skinneier butts.:eek:

Mole Eye
11-29-2012, 09:01 AM
That's good to know. I know my next cue will have that type of butt.

Tramp Steamer
11-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Odd thing to be talking about, butts.
My first wife's butt was bigger than my second wife's butt, and my third wife's butt was somewhere in between. They all had a pretty decent feel to them so I guess it doesn't matter, too much. I think it largely depends upon..., what? He was talking about cue butts?
My bad. Carry on. :smile:

Dirtbmw20
11-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Also check out JD cues, he makes his cues with a slightly smaller diameter butt.

Snapshot9
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
My cuemaker, Bob Owen, for Shurtz custom cues makes slim butts if you want one. My last custom from him had a slim butt.

dsoriano
11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I also prefer the thinner butt dia. I once spoke to Evan Clark about a new cue and asked him what his standard dia was, he said 1.25 but that he could turn any size customer requested. At the time I didn't know what size to order. A year later I bought an -R- cue with a very thin butt. 1.22. I fell in love with it. I have since ordered a new -R- cue with a dia of 1.20. So from my understanding any cue maker can offer any dia butt size the customer requests.
From experience I've noticed that even the slightest dia reduction will make a big difference!

rayjay
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Most custom cuemakers will make the cue to the exact specifications you want. That's just one of the reasons to buy custom.
:p

Jodacus
11-29-2012, 04:33 PM
My cue is rather plain, but it was made
exactly to my specs. Not flashy but
very custom.

Mole Eye
11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Thank you for the responses. I am going to attempt to go to DCC and I'm going to look very hard at the cues while I am there. Thanks once again.
T