PDA

View Full Version : TAR Podcast Thursday Nov. 29 9PM Eastern. Topic Suggestions?

JCIN
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
TAR podcast is back tomorrow night at 9 PM eastern at www.theactionreport.com

Looking for any questions or topics people want to discuss.

At the moment we have:

US Open payment fiasco
Bonus ball
Mosconi Cup
A very special rant from me regarding a non pool related topic.

Mark asked Larry Chiborak the owner of Bonus Ball if he wanted to appear and he declined. I will see who I can get in touch with and if the schedules work out we may have a guest on.

So any if you have any suggestion please post them up and join us tomorrow night. The recorded version will be on YouTube by Friday morning.

Fast Lenny
11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
How about Honey Boo Boo and the mixture of Sailor Jerry not being the same as it used to be? Actually I think you have some good topics and hopefully you can get one of the players in town in the booth with you and Mark, they are usually the most interesting to watch.

xianmacx
11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
interesting that the creator of bonus ball, who is trying to build a buzz for his project doesn't want to be on the only regular pool podcast in the world.

dr9ball
11-28-2012, 08:12 PM
If Johnny is still in Vegas, why not let him talk a little bit about the Mosconi Cup that is coming up.

iba7467
11-28-2012, 08:21 PM
The expectations of Derby City with bonus ball players missing.

Diamond 10 ball predictions.

dorabelle
11-28-2012, 08:43 PM
the expectations of derby city with bonus ball players missing.

Diamond 10 ball predictions.
+1............
And upcoming TAR matches

justadub
11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
$800K on cameras?

{ducking}

I don't have any suggestions, the topics you listed should take up plenty of time, especially if you have a guest, and those are the "issue's of the day".

Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance for continuing to do them.

easy-e
11-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Perhaps we could discuss the superiority of the new Red Dawn over the original.

DrOnePocket
11-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Discuss the $550 million lottery and what you would do with the money if pool related

JCIN
11-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Perhaps we could discuss the superiority of the new Red Dawn over the original.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8228307069_3b7bf2a1bc_o.jpg

pt109
11-29-2012, 12:16 AM
I would certainly like the possibility of a 1,000 point straight pool match
discussed. ( 4.5 inch pockets )

..and just how is a wimp like Tom Cruise getting to play Jack Reacher?:mad:
...and why Lee Child doesn't seem to care

And are private clubs and home tables going to produce the next generation
of great players? (High rent and 'fern bars' are not conducive to excellence
at billiards.)

nb92
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
.. Progress (if any)... plans (if any) regarding developing the ability for us to access a catalog of previous matches....

... will the 2012 US Open 10 ball or 1 pkt matches ever be put on-line (want to listen to some Billy I .... doing what he does best!)

CDs?? :poke::p:wink:

Is TAR attending/streaming any aspect of the DCC?

Have you and Mark purchased your season tickets to Bonus Ball yet?

Are there any plans Bonus Ball $$$ match on the TAR table:rotflmao1:

Should the US Open 9 ball stay in VA or should all US Opens (10 ball, 1pkt, etc) be in Vegas/Reno and all held at the same time.

THANKS>>..

JB Cases
11-29-2012, 02:00 AM

At the moment we have:

US Open payment fiasco
Bonus ball
Mosconi Cup

Mark asked Larry Chiborak the owner of Bonus Ball if he wanted to appear and he declined. I will see who I can get in touch with and if the schedules work out we may have a guest on.

So any if you have any suggestion please post them up and join us tomorrow night. The recorded version will be on YouTube by Friday morning.

No Bonus Ball!!!! Anything else........... :-)

Seriously though I would like to hear your thoughts on whether or not having so many top players in one place will lead to a sharpening of skills and desire similar to what the Filipinos and Taiwanese have by being in close proximity and constantly challenging each other.

OR

Will the pros essentially be lazy and just play Bonus Ball when they have to?

Remember it was John Schmidt who said that if it ever happened that the pros could all be together for a month that they would be as good as the Filipinos. Well here it is.

lukemindish
11-29-2012, 02:06 AM
How about when the next TAR match up will be?

derekdisco
11-29-2012, 02:33 AM
My new TAT.

mista335
11-29-2012, 04:27 AM
interesting that the creator of bonus ball, who is trying to build a buzz for his project doesn't want to be on the only regular pool podcast in the world.

I really, really hate to say this but I get a bad feeling about Bonus Ball.

I hope I'm wrong.

JAM
11-29-2012, 04:48 AM
What kind of dog do you have, if any? If you don't have a dog, what breed of dog would you like to own? Ask Mark the same question. :grin-square:

Big Chris
11-29-2012, 05:45 AM
In the future I would like to see Willie, Jase, Si, and Phil on the Pod. Let's get there perspective on pool and what it needs.

JCIN
11-29-2012, 06:20 AM
In the future I would like to see Willie, Jase, Si, and Phil on the Pod. Let's get there perspective on pool and what it needs.

I would be down with that. I like that show. Funny dudes.

9 ball
11-29-2012, 06:54 AM

At the moment we have:

US Open payment fiasco
Bonus ball
Mosconi Cup

I would like to talk about custom cue makers & how the prices for a custom cue with the same specifications can vary wildly from one maker to another.

I was quoted by one cue maker a price of $450 for a design while another quoted me almost $2,500 needless to say both makers shall remain nameless.

jhanso18
11-29-2012, 07:15 AM
I would like to hear how Mark would put something together to bring our top american pro's together on a more consistent basis. Obiously BB is going to crap out from the sounds of it, but the idea behind it is good. maybe a monthly, or short 2-3 month league type of environment.

Personally, I think what would be awesome to watch. Maybe put together something like what all the pool league guys play every week and put it together with 3-5 man teams, etc. But I'm crazy, so lets hear a good idea.

best,

Justin

CreeDo
11-29-2012, 07:51 AM
I can understand how Red Dawn might be better than the original, or even how they cast Tom Cruise for Reacher. But how could they screw up Total Recall so badly? No mars, no mutants, no alien artifacts, and a male lead more wooden than Pinocchio.

I think the first two topics plus the rant should make for a lengthy listen. I'd be interested to hear different takes on whether people think this was really the last US Open.

Johnnyt
11-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Lets say Bonus Ball goes over big next year. Do you think some of the promoters that have been around for years would switch over to Bonus Ball for thier PRO events, keep on plugging away with 9 and 10-bal, or just pack it in? Johnnyt

Mr Hoppe
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Let's discuss Justin's preference in ARs and accessories, and whether he thinks Obama will be successful in passing a new assault weapons law.

JCIN
11-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Let's discuss Justin's preference in ARs and accessories, and whether he thinks Obama will be successful in passing a new assault weapons law.

Here is one of them. 14.5" BBL with pinned Vortex Flash hider. Troy rail, magpul furniture, Surefire Scout light and a Geissle SSA-E trigger. Some parts have been swapped around since this photo and it now wears an Aimpoint Pro and the Geissle is in a 9mm AR.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8283/7743403140_971009d6e7_o.jpg

The one in my avatar is not mine but a buddies. Its a Daniel Defense Mk. 18 with a Surefire Mini can. It is so fun its ridiculous but I refuse to do NFA stuff so no SBR's or cans for me.

I could talk AR's for days.

Edit to add: That Surefire 60 round mag is dogshit.

stljohnny
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
I would love to hear about any progress on the video on demand service TAR was thinking about. There are several matches I couldn't see, or happened before I became aware of TAR that I would LOVE to watch. Since DVD's aren't being sold anymore, I've been anxiously waiting for this to happen.

iba7467
11-29-2012, 10:05 AM
..and just how is a wimp like Tom Cruise getting to play Jack Reacher?:mad:
...and why Lee Child doesn't seem to care

I believe Jack Reacher is 6'4" in the books???

iba7467
11-29-2012, 10:07 AM
We could all discuss the average amount of time before any particular thread becomes horribly derailed.

JCIN
11-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I was rather productive this morning.

Tonight on the podcast we announce the details of TAR 30.

JCIN
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
We could all discuss the average amount of time before any particular thread becomes horribly derailed.

I am as gulity as the next guy about that but it seems to have gone full retard around here lately.

Woof Biscuit
11-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I was rather productive this morning.

Tonight on the podcast we announce the details of TAR 30.

That's exciting! Something that I have been thinking about and wanted to bring up for a while is a potential promotional opportunity for TAR. I know you and Joe Rogan are aquaintances and possibly good friends. He talks about pool scenarios all the time on his podcast and is a big fan of the game. Have you ever thought about being a guest on his podcast? This could give you huge exposure. I think he has 10's of thousands of listeners. I think his audience would be receptive; they tend to be free thinkers and like to hear about everything, especially things like sub-cultures such as the pool world. You could give some war stories, talk about how you got involved with the game, history of TAR, pool in general, and promote TAR 30. You may have already considered this, but just an idea that I've been thinking about for a while now. :thumbup:

NickV
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
That's exciting! Something that I have been thinking about and wanted to bring up for a while is a potential promotional opportunity for TAR. I know you and Joe Rogan are aquaintances and possibly good friends. He talks about pool scenarios all the time on his podcast and is a big fan of the game. Have you ever thought about being a guest on his podcast? This could give you huge exposure. I think he has 10's of thousands of listeners. I think his audience would be receptive; they tend to be free thinkers and like to hear about everything, especially things like sub-cultures such as the pool world. You could give some war stories, talk about how you got involved with the game, history of TAR, pool in general, and promote TAR 30. You may have already considered this, but just an idea that I've been thinking about for a while now. :thumbup:

+1 This can't hurt.

krupa
11-29-2012, 11:48 AM
I am as gulity as the next guy about that but it seems to have gone full retard around here lately.

You have offended me, sir!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120620154039/simpsons/pt/images/3/39/Ralph_wiggum.gif

jonesy
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked in other pod casts, any thoughts of getting Keith McCready in a TAR match? Seems to be a lot of talk about him lately.

BasementDweller
11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
My question is pretty simple:

Why are you guys still doing this?

Specifically for Justin - what are your plans for TAR in the next couple of years? What's the next step? What would it take for you to throw in the towell?

For Mark - do you want to be the MAN when it comes to professional pool promotion or not? Just curious.

Thanks for the podcasts I really enjoy them.

Nick B
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I would like a discussion of the merits of the various TAR formats. IE:
- All around (3 games over 3 days)
- Best of 3 Format (same game to say 25 x 3)
- "TAR Classic" 3 Days, Race to 100 for the cash

I do enjoy all three formats but alas I'm a little old school and prefer to Race to 100 format

Nick B

CreeDo
11-29-2012, 02:18 PM

and described as being extremely muscular, looking like "a condom stuffed with walnuts". Tom cruise looks like another kind of condom filling.

pt109
11-30-2012, 12:00 AM

Jack Reacher is 6'5'' , fighting shape 250 lb, razor sharp mind, and sticks
up for anybody unjustly treated.
If a Scientologist approached him, that organization would be in trouble.

WIFI-less on Thursdays, will see TARcast tomorrow...any hints?

JCIN
11-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Podcast is up on YouTube now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB29F5J5flY&feature=youtu.be

JCIN
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
My question is pretty simple:

Why are you guys still doing this?

Specifically for Justin - what are your plans for TAR in the next couple of years? What's the next step? What would it take for you to throw in the towell?

For Mark - do you want to be the MAN when it comes to professional pool promotion or not? Just curious.

Thanks for the podcasts I really enjoy them.

Why not?

Biggest goal going forward is a real website with Video on Demand so people can access the entire catalog of matches. Once that is up and running I want to focus on some structure for our matches so they build up to a yearly champion. That requires money and an outlet to maximize the revenue of individual matches. A VOD site answers some of those questions.

As for what it would take to throw in the towel: If people stop buying matches or if Mark or I just decide to go do something else. As of now I have five years in this thing and while there has been a few times I was ready to hang it up I am pretty excited about the future for TAR.

A VOD site is key. Without it we won't make it. We are working on it and have had some good meetings lately with prospective providers.

BasementDweller
11-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Why not?

Biggest goal going forward is a real website with Video on Demand so people can access the entire catalog of matches. Once that is up and running I want to focus on some structure for our matches so they build up to a yearly champion. That requires money and an outlet to maximize the revenue of individual matches. A VOD site answers some of those questions.

As for what it would take to throw in the towel: If people stop buying matches or if Mark or I just decide to go do something else. As of now I have five years in this thing and while there has been a few times I was ready to hang it up I am pretty excited about the future for TAR.

A VOD site is key. Without it we won't make it. We are working on it and have had some good meetings lately with prospective providers.

Sounds good. Thanks for the answer.

I know the VOD is key for me.

Most importantly, I now know how to spell towel. Thanks.