PDA

View Full Version : forum speed slowed?

oldplayer
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
is it my computer or has the forum speed slowed down again?

Lock N Load
11-29-2012, 12:27 PM
is it my computer or has the forum speed slowed down again?

Running great and fast on my computer since the Mods took care of the slow problem. Perhaps you are using a slow browser? I use Mozilla Fire Fox!
Good luck.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

TATE
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm still zipping along. Try restarting your computer.

Woof Biscuit
11-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Very good here.

JAM
11-29-2012, 12:41 PM
There's an occasional hiccup or hang, but it's rare. I don't think it has to do with the forum software. Mine is running pretty swiftly now. I use Google Chrome. :)

CreeDo
11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Depends on how you mean "slowed down". But the problem never went away for me, and I'm half wondering if other people aren't just experiencing Wishful Thinking Syndrome.

Still getting it several times a day.

Basically after clicking a thread or the submit button, it either works (takes about a second) or it hangs. If it hangs, you get nothing for about 30 seconds, then you'll see your browser's timeout error.

I basically never see anything in between (like a post goes through but it takes 20 seconds, or I click a link and immediately see an error).

JoeyA
11-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Depends on how you mean "slowed down". But the problem never went away for me, and I'm half wondering if other people aren't just experiencing Wishful Thinking Syndrome.

Still getting it several times a day.

Basically after clicking a thread or the submit button, it either works (takes about a second) or it hangs. If it hangs, you get nothing for about 30 seconds, then you'll see your browser's timeout error.

I basically never see anything in between (like a post goes through but it takes 20 seconds, or I click a link and immediately see an error).

Mine has been zipping along for quite a while. A few weeks ago before the management starting tweaking it, I had all of the problems you describe. A couple of weeks ago, it would zip and then idle, zip and then idle.

Now, it seems like it is flying a super speed all of the time. I use Internet Explorer for whatever that is worth.....

CreeDo
11-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Mine has been zipping along for quite a while. A few weeks ago before the management starting tweaking it, I had all of the problems you describe. A couple of weeks ago, it would zip and then idle, zip and then idle.

Now, it seems like it is flying a super speed all of the time. I use Internet Explorer for whatever that is worth.....

Man, if it's actually fixed for some people but not others I'll go nuts. Can't figure that one out. Well, overall I think it's happening less. It might just be that if you happen to click at the wrong time, you get the error, but "the wrong time" isn't a very big window. Probably the more you post, the more likely you are to hit that window.