PDA

View Full Version : Paid for an item that has not been recieved..

Thebigtexan
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Just a quick question.. I know this little potential problem is not much considering others have been waiting months, and/or have been taken for huge amounts of money.. I had an agreement with an AZ member on a cue, I sent Paypal as requested with a note stating "Full payment for such and such cue". That was 9 days ago, and my last communication was on the 23rd with him stating he was heading to ship it that morning. He has not been on since that day, so likewise has not responded to my attempts to reach him about shipping details or a tracking number. No tracking number or anything of the sort on Paypal as well.

My question is, how long is a reasonable time to wait? To me, no communication and/or shipment details in almost 8 days does not sit well with me whatsoever. Shipping is in the states, even with the holiday I should have heard something by now.

As always thank you for any insight y'all.

** Please excuse the spelling error of received on my title of the post**

rayjay
11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I hope not, but you probably got screwed. PayPal won't do anything for 30 days, but hopefully they can get your money back if you never get the cue. If your PayPal account is backed by a credit card, you can get faster service through the card company. Good luck!

cueaddicts
11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Who did you deal with? Someone with a good history on this board or somebody new? Always do you homework. Best of luck....hopefully it'll show up asap.

Thebigtexan
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
rayjay.. I always use a CC on my Paypal acct. just for a little extra protection.

cueaddicts.. He has been a member here for 4+ years with a few iTrader to his name. I just dont want to accuse someone right off the rip in this situation. I know things happen, but a little communication is all I ask.. Guess I will wait until this weekend to make sure, then go from there.

seven_7days
11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
i just bought a cue on ebay, paid in full on the 23rd and since then
...zero communication, no shipping info and already i'm :angry:

petemoss
11-29-2012, 04:23 PM
I would file a dispute with Paypal right away. The sooner you alert Paypal, the better your chances that Paypal will be able to recover your money before the seller takes out your money from his account. Wish I had done that after a $700 watch went missing in the mail! I delayed filing a dispute and lost.

TheNewSharkster
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Just a quick question.. I know this little potential problem is not much considering others have been waiting months, and/or have been taken for huge amounts of money.. I had an agreement with an AZ member on a cue, I sent Paypal as requested with a note stating "Full payment for such and such cue". That was 9 days ago, and my last communication was on the 22nd with him stating he was heading to ship it that morning. He has not been on since that day, so likewise has not responded to my attempts to reach him about shipping details or a tracking number. No tracking number or anything of the sort on Paypal as well.

My question is, how long is a reasonable time to wait? To me, no communication and/or shipment details in almost 8 days does not sit well with me whatsoever. Shipping is in the states, even with the holiday I should have heard something by now.

As always thank you for any insight y'all.

** Please excuse the spelling error of received on my title of the post**

Tough call here. He could have sent it on the day he said he would and it is in transit. If you paid with paypal you must have his email address. So even if he doesn't login to azbilliards he should still see the email. The amount of time without a reply is borderline unacceptable IMO.

Thebigtexan
11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Well good news, I have been contacted by the seller, had a few issues but it is on its way.. As well as a tracking number, and a phone call instead of an email to let me know. Glad I waited a little longer and did not condemn the guy. Thanks for all the input guys..

**Sorry about the early bump, but wanted to clear this up asap.**