PDA

View Full Version : New Site , need you opinion ..

Tecknikal
04-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Here's a site that i created for a friend that just started his business ,
Let me know what you think .. there's still missing lot's of stuff on the site , but for now that should give you a good idea..

It's located in Canada , but will do business around the world !

www.thewinningstroke.com

Don't hesite to email us , we can try to match the best price you have !

Thanks !
Yan

prolecat
04-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Nice site, everything looks good IMO. Everything i tried to access worked without having to do any extra work. Like the color scheme, The logo, and your menu. Some very good work. Good luck with future sales.

pete-biker
04-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Looks nice. As it is mentioned on the site that customers are welcome all over the world then it may not be a bad idea to have an option to choose currency between at least CAD-USD-EURO.

Tecknikal
04-12-2006, 07:07 AM
That's exactly what im working on right now .. ! The site is not finished yet , still missing lot's of stuff , but we decide to put it up right now since it's the end of the seasons around here and we try to get as much "Advertisement" as we can.

pool
04-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Not too bad. My biggest question is with regard to the logo. Why is it written "The winning stroke" rather than "The Winning Stroke?" Shouldn't all the words in the name of the business start with capital letters in this case?

Tecknikal
04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
good remark , il'l have to take a closer look to this !

ScottW
04-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Not too bad. (I do web development for a living myself).

One goofy thing, dunno if it's intentional - all your prices are listed "999$" instead of "$999" (i.e. dollar sign at the end instead of at the front of the price). Is that a Canadian thing? If so, nevermind me. :D

jnav447
04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Looks like a good site to me. The only comment I would make is about the 5-15% off offer. I almost didn't see it, and when I did, I couldn't easily find out details about it. That would be an attractive incentive for me as a buyer, but I must confess, if I don't get "spoon-fed" at a site, and start to feel like a rat in a maze, I just bail out and don't return. Other than that, looks like a winner to me. Best of luck!

Cardinal2B
04-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Nice site, all links I tried worked properly. Here is some minor carping designed to make your day :rolleyes:

Some visibility issues - the limited time offer text on home page is hard to see in blue letters on black background. Also this should be a link to tell me how to get the deal?

The pictures of logos, like Predator, Bunjie Jumper, Lucasi, Joss, Viking, etc ought to link to something. Since you don't want intermediate pages (on which you'd choose the models), I would suggest that you link to the manufacturer's site - in a window (so you don't lose them from your site).

Finally, the links to the specific models (e.g. "View the Predator 4K Series")
are in a different font I see, but that doesn't suggest that these are links until you mouse over them. The wording anf function are fine. I would try a different color for these, possibly yellow, or very light blue. just for affordance (?)

Good luck with this!
BTW, I keep waiting for the great Canadian Cue Maker. Like the Larrivee / Seagull guitar people....

mnShooter
04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Are these prices in canadian? Looks kinda expensive to me.

Colin Colenso
04-12-2006, 01:25 PM
The first things I noticed about the web page:

1. Enter button took me 10 seconds to find. Should be larger.

2. Copy tells the visitor about the company, not the benefits. Should be something like...'You can get all your Billiard Products and Accessories here at the Lowest Prices'...that is, a Benefit.

3. Also, include a 'Call to Action'. Let them know what they can find on the site and what they need todo to find it.

Don't be afraid to use the copywriter's AIDA guide. That is:
A: Attention - Headline to get their attention.
I: Interest - Short summary to get them more interested.
D: Description - Provide more information about your features and the benefits.
A: Action - Prompt them to try and order, subscribe to email newsletter or whatever it is you want them to do.

wannaplaySOME?
04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
not bad... only one suggestion if i were to make one. ..

when you click the link to view a stick the image pops up towards the right of the screen and you have to drag it to the center to view the entire stick... it was a small hassle, but i am lazy.. other then that it looks great!...

i did have one other question, why do you only list some of the cues from viking and others?... i am sure you could work out something with viking to advertise every one of their cues... i am an ambassador for them and if you need any phone numbers i can definitely point you in the correct direction... pm me if you need help! thanks! good job!

Tecknikal
04-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for all the reply !

I will definitly look into all those issue and see what i can do !

As for the viking cue , well we can get every cue , but like i said , this is only the start , since there's so many product available ! And we wanted the site up and running because they were some big tourney around and we wanted to get something to show ppl !

Well il'l get back into fixing all those stuff ! :P

Tecknikal
04-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Are these prices in canadian? Looks kinda expensive to me.

like i said , we can try to match the best price you can have !

efirkey
04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
I would drop the splash page for search engine reasons. And the main page has too many burry images (the logo navigation in the top left, the text in the top center, and the main image).

Also your navigation looks amateuristwith the crooked lines next to it.

I didn't look at the pricing, but I would definately designate what currency you are using since this is a canadian company.