PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage for BCA Open

fxskater
05-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Is there any coverage on TV for this tournament. It's pretty much the biggest tournament in pool next to the the US open and the World Championship, so I assume that it will be on TV weekly over a few months. Does anyone know what channel covers it if there is any coverage.

AzHousePro
05-10-2003, 02:46 PM
ESPN will be there taping the last 2 matches in the men's and women's pro events. It is one of the few times you get to see the men play 9-ball on Espn. That is about all the coverage the event will get on tv.

Mike

jjinfla
05-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Checking the BCA-pool.com website I see that all the VIP seats are sold out already. That seems to be a pretty good setup they have for the fans to watch the matches. 8 tables surrounded by VIP seats with bleacher seats behind the VIP seats. It would be nice if there were several arenas like this where the pros could play and the fans could come to watch.

Porter
05-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Is there not a live cam from BCA? All i can find on BCA site is where results will be posted after the fact. Am I missing something or is that it? A look at the brackets would be nice. I know some players I would sure like to keep up with.

Porter

AzHousePro
05-10-2003, 11:51 PM
We will be displaying the brackets for the pro events. I really don't think there is a feasible way to display the brackets for the amateur events.

There were 700+ teams last year. And that was just the team event. They have 4-5 people at the BCA desk keeping track of everything. It would be a full time job trying to run those brackets online.

As far as I know, there is not a live cam.

Mike