PDA

View Full Version : Expanded coverage of 2005 Derby City Classic - 90 new photos!

BillPorter
05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I just uploaded about 90 new images to our gallery of the 2005 Derby City Classic. When we first put the gallery up, a little over a year ago, we just uploaded 28 images. Interest in these photos has been much greater than I anticipated, so I went back to our original image files and uploaded all of them that were reasonably sharp and clear. There are now 120 images from the 2005 Derby City Classic; go check and see if you are in one of the photos.

http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/1436573

Harvywallbanger
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Nice pictures. Thanks.:)

hemicudas
05-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I just uploaded about 90 new images to our gallery of the 2005 Derby City Classic. When we first put the gallery up, a little over a year ago, we just uploaded 28 images. Interest in these photos has been much greater than I anticipated, so I went back to our original image files and uploaded all of them that were reasonably sharp and clear. There are now 120 images from the 2005 Derby City Classic; go check and see if you are in one of the photos.

As usual, top notch work, Bill.

DougT
05-07-2006, 06:22 PM

Thanks for sharing, Bill

I look at all your photo albums, and wanted to thank you. A person couldn't get insight like this any other way, any where, in any other sport, that I know of.

DougT

BillPorter
05-08-2006, 04:30 AM
Thanks for sharing, Bill

I look at all your photo albums, and wanted to thank you. A person couldn't get insight like this any other way, any where, in any other sport, that I know of.

DougT
Doug,

Thanks for the compliment! Mike and I like the thought that there are a lot of people out there enjoying these images.:)

Joseph Ortega
05-08-2006, 06:16 AM
hey bill, do you remember that pic that i said was ben tubbs? i never got around to going to his place, but if you ask mike haines he will confirm. i saw these pics and realize he is also a regular in the dallas pool scene and he should know ben as well.

BillPorter
05-08-2006, 07:23 AM
hey bill, do you remember that pic that i said was ben tubbs? i never got around to going to his place, but if you ask mike haines he will confirm. i saw these pics and realize he is also a regular in the dallas pool scene and he should know ben as well.
Yep, I checked with Mike and put a caption under the photo saying that the bulk of the evidence favored the person being Ben Tubbs. I'm thinking that whoever identified the person as Eddie Brown, even though they signed themselves as Eddie Brown, was just mistaken. Thanks for your interest!:)

Ohplayer
05-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Very nice pictures.

Rickw
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks so much for sharing Bill! You and Mike took some awesome pics!! I love the captions below the pics too!!

BillPorter
05-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks so much for sharing Bill! You and Mike took some awesome pics!! I love the captions below the pics too!!
The captions change from time to time, especially when people add comments that let us know new things about people in the photos. Feel free to add comments on any of the images.

CrownCityCorey
05-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Bill,

I must say, after going through some of your galleries, I am enjoying very much the photos from the 80's era.

Keep up the great work!

satman
05-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Great pics Bill. Thanks!

It's George Old Owner
05-09-2006, 07:15 PM
thx for letting us know :)