PDA

View Full Version : My 9-ball practice session video

Gage
05-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I taped this a couple of months ago, and there a couple of decent runs. I apologize for the table being cutoff at the bottom, but it was hard enough getting the camera in that location in the first place.

http://video.freevideoblog.com/video/wm/761CEAEE-6EB8-462E-9BAE-BB32667277A4.htm

mnShooter
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
You look like a pretty good shot. I would say to concentrate on your three ball runs. Look at the next three balls and decide how you are going to run those three. Do the same thing on the next shot. The whole table is just a bunch of three ball runs with some other balls in the way.

There is a drill where you start with three balls and run them in order. When you can run them consistently you move up to four and so on.

CONTROL WHITEY

ShaneT58
05-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Did anybody else notice Earl's protege on the adjacent table wearing a black glove on his back hand?

PlynSets
05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Great Video! Seems like you let the cueball fly a lot more then you should, and as well when you start to get into trouble you "draw" the ball as your only escape. My two cents (and take them for exactly that.. about 2 cents worth of advice as I'm not pro) would be to look for other options other then always drawing the ball. Point in fact Play some games, and just take draw out of the equation. Figure out ways to get there using forward - side to side etc..

Only other thing I'd say is you look pretty "rigid" when you shoot. Not sure how you correct that other then maybe relax a bit?

DJ

rackmsuckr
05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Nice video.

I would say you need work on your patterns and speed control. There were a couple shots where you followed a few feet rather than a few inches. The last 8 where you got down and looked at it, you should have looked at it right after the break and been aware where you wanted to put it instead of when you were on it. Always look at least 3 balls ahead; you made the game a lot harder than it had to be, especially getting too straight on some balls.

And lastly, on the first 4 breaks, you only pocketed 1 ball and scratched on the last rack. I would be moving my ball a few inches either way if I was coming up dry.

You are certainly a rhythm shooter, always shooting on stroke 3. I would say take more time to try to plan ahead a little more and you will get more consistent runouts.

You are a great shotmaker and I enjoyed a couple of your 9 ball shots. :p Keep up the good work!

It's George Old Owner
05-09-2006, 07:15 PM
great run! :)

Solartje
05-09-2006, 08:03 PM
i actually liked it too. some nice shots, u seem to have enough stroke. id love to play some games vs u. it would give me a tough match. ps whats your rating?

Gage
05-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, they are very appreciated. Since I made that video I have been working on better patterns and speed control, so hopefully I'll be able to record another one soon.

I don't have any type of rating, but I have won a few of the local Albuquerque tourneys.

Solartje
05-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, they are very appreciated. Since I made that video I have been working on better patterns and speed control, so hopefully I'll be able to record another one soon.

I don't have any type of rating, but I have won a few of the local Albuquerque tourneys.

mmm me being from belgium in europe... thats local tournament name says to me as much as .... mm cant find a good way to express it :p but just was thinking if u are a B or a A or C player? here we dont have these things, and i can only read about how good there game is. now i can see people play so i wonder what player level they have, to understand the ABCD thingy better.

:D

greets from solly in a weird state ofmind

Gage
05-09-2006, 11:07 PM
mmm me being from belgium in europe... thats local tournament name says to me as much as .... mm cant find a good way to express it :p but just was thinking if u are a B or a A or C player? here we dont have these things, and i can only read about how good there game is. now i can see people play so i wonder what player level they have, to understand the ABCD thingy better.

:D

greets from solly in a weird state ofmind

Heh, didn't realize you were from Belgium...whoops. Anyways, I would consider myself a B player.

cuetechasaurus
05-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Heh, didn't realize you were from Belgium...whoops. Anyways, I would consider myself a B player.

You have a good stroke and are a good shotmaker but your position play and patterns need some work.

Solartje
05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
aha , so im starting to get this rating system

as the others, here my obersvation.
pasue after stroke 2: i like it, good rhythm
speed: i seem to run alot more then u need, ur hittinh the balls to hard, i just know it comes to mind.
controle/position: seemed ok, exept certain shots, where u chose the high% scratch way, and u do use alot of a draw. (i do the same, but its something ill work on next year)
pottong: seems in very good shape
break: baddest part. 1 ball on 4 breaks, 1 scratch. Avg of 2 balls over the middle of the table, leaving to much balls on the lower part. i think breaking should be your #1 thing to focus on.

BUT, u might beat me more often then i would beat u, so maybe i shouldnt be giving advice.

Craig Fales
05-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Did anybody else notice Earl's protege on the adjacent table wearing a black glove on his back hand?

LOLz...I noticed that too!!!!
________