PDA

View Full Version : Info on Derby City TV coverage

satman
05-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Does anyone have info on when the coverage of the 8-ball and 10-ball on the bar tables will air? I read in the one of the magazines the matches will air in April. IN-demand filmed the matches {at the qualifiers for The Bar Table Championships} and were supposed to air them on Fox Sports. I dropped them an email and never got a response. They were supposed to send me a copy of my matches. If anyone connected with BCN or DCC can provide some contact info, I'd appreciate it. Sam:)

jay helfert
05-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Does anyone have info on when the coverage of the 8-ball and 10-ball on the bar tables will air? I read in the one of the magazines the matches will air in April. IN-demand filmed the matches {at the qualifiers for The Bar Table Championships} and were supposed to air them on Fox Sports. I dropped them an email and never got a response. They were supposed to send me a copy of my matches. If anyone connected with BCN or DCC can provide some contact info, I'd appreciate it. Sam:)

The matches were taped for a "reality" pool series which will air on INHD TV. This is a High Definition channel available only on cable televsion, not on satellite tv. INHD is offered on every cable system in North America. There were several tapings following Derby City and concluded at the U.S. Bar Table Championships in Reno in March.

There were over 160 hours of tape in total and it is being edited into a six to eight week series which is scheduled to begin airing in June. You must have HD television to see these shows on INHD.

Regualar DVD's of this series may be made available to the public as well. This has yet to be determined by the powers that be at In Demand. Look for Ads in the billiard media regarding these shows.

satman
05-10-2006, 07:55 AM
The matches were taped for a "reality" pool series which will air on INHD TV. This is a High Definition channel available only on cable televsion, not on satellite tv. INHD is offered on every cable system in North America. There were several tapings following Derby City and concluded at the U.S. Bar Table Championships in Reno in March.

There were over 160 hours of tape in total and it is being edited into a six to eight week series which is scheduled to begin airing in June. You must have HD television to see these shows on INHD.

Regualar DVD's of this series may be made available to the public as well. This has yet to be determined by the powers that be at In Demand. Look for Ads in the billiard media regarding these shows.
I had most of the info as far as what you posted except about it only being on cable. I was told it was recorded for Fox Sports.
When I talked with the guy in charge of the crew, I asked him if I could get a copy of my matches and he said it would be no problem. They taped me playing the last 3 matches of the 8-ball and I was looking forward to getting to see them. Since I'm a satellite dealer and don't subscribe to cable, I may be stuck. I was hoping maybe Greg or someone affiliated with Diamond could get me some contact info. Thanks for the help. Sam