PDA

View Full Version : I miss the Game So Much

bomber
05-10-2006, 08:25 AM
As a high school baseball coach and a high school football coach, my game is the most inconsistent in the world...plus i never get to play. I havent screwed it together in over 3 months. Damn Im sad! Throughout the last 36 months, I have been completely off of playing completely (0 hours/NEVER playing) for 18 of those months in 3-4 month spurts. Anyone else in this situation. Hell, I was never an A player, but I play pretty decent. It would be nice to be able to devote the time it takes to get my game where I would like for it to be.

Rich R.
05-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Anyone else in this situation.
I went through a period of almost 30 years, where I rarely played at all.

"A wife and a steady job have ruined many good pool players." :eek:

Njhustler1
05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
You sound like a defeated man. Hang in there kiddo.

Aaron_S
05-10-2006, 09:39 AM
As a local player once said to me, "Getting a job will totally f' up your pool game." lol

Jigger
05-10-2006, 11:03 AM
As a local player once said to me, "Getting a job will totally f' up your pool game." lol

LOL - Aaron

Bomber, I know the feeling. 30 years ago I was a "good banger" in college - at least enuf to win a lot of free beer anyway. Raising a family, building a career and working my way thru several obsessions like baseball, serious softball, golf, fishing, etc... After 27 years I took up pool seriously and have made huge progress the past 3 years.:)

My only suggestion is make the time available to play. You can't coach/work 24 hrs a day! The fun might even make you a more productive & winning coach. Maybe set up a PE pool class at school in leu of another class period that would allow you to play some as an instructor. School leagues/tourneys? Local leagues and tourneys? Your signature shows you play 20 hrs / wk??

Good luck Bomber - make the time to play;)

bomber
05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
20/week is in the offseason! Which seems like never lately...im just frustrated. Being a head coach at the high school level at the age of 25 is frustrating enough....not being able to go to your "happy place" doesnt help.:mad:

supergreenman
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Pool is a sport :D convince your school administration that they need to run a pool program and have a pool coach. :p

bomber
05-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I would actually like to run a program here...but we would have not other teams in the area to play. It is unfortunate...plus my extra ciricular time is already devoted to baseball, football, and the government club. I would love to get out of the football coach (im just an assistant and our high school team is HORRIBLE) but I dont see that happening. I have actually done some research into high schools that offer pool as a sport on the intramureal (sp) level. They do it in Texas, Cali, and Florida.

frankncali
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Trust me ....... your teaching and coaching is much more important
than playing pool.

Mystick Cue Fan
05-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Trust me ....... your teaching and coaching is much more important
than playing pool.

tap tap......