PDA

View Full Version : Ordering my Bob Frey SP Friday!!

Scottlucasi19
05-10-2006, 10:51 AM
I finally got my bills caught up, and I'm ordering my Bocote SP Friday, since im ordering it I want to go ahead and get good things on it, I just dont know what good are the optional 5/16 14 tread pin and rambo buttcap and ivory ferrule are good for lol, I defantly want to go ahead and add these things if they will better the hit or protect the cue, I dont really care about looks, any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks Guys.

zeeder
05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Some people like ivory ferrules and some don't. If you're the type who likes to have as little squirt as possible then ivory ferrules probably aren't for you. I personally like the way they hit. It would probably be best if you could try it out on someone's cue before you buy if that is a possibility.

Unknown
05-10-2006, 11:25 AM
i just sent out my money for an ebony frey sneaky last friday, i cant wait to get it, i didnt change anything on it, as for changing the feel its like zeeder said some people like the way one ferule hits more than others, when it comes to cues its all personal preference so its best to try before you buy.

Icon of Sin
05-10-2006, 11:33 AM
You guys wont be disappointed in them.

I ordered this model with no extra options and I love it:
http://www.cuesnthings.com/cues/sneakypete/a/index.htm Been using for about 5 months and it hits great.

Varney Cues
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm going UP on my prices...

krbsailing
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I recently made a trade for an Ebony Bob Frey SP.....it has the 3/8-10 pin with a Aegis ferrule and Triangle tip -- the cue plays excellent as it is!!!

Please note....anyone thinking about buying a Bob Frey SP send me a PM I may be interested in selling this cue.....need to pay for a couple other cues I just bought :eek:

Chris
05-10-2006, 12:26 PM
I've been playing with a Frey cocobolo SP (no spears, no ivory ferrule, 3/8X10) for a couple months now. I like it well, but the Triangle tip had to go. It required serious reshaping after every session. The Moori M that replaced it is much less maintenance intensive.

zeeder
05-10-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm going UP on my prices...

Looks like I got in just under the wire!

TSW
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
This thread makes me want a Frey SP :(

Unknown
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
this thread makes me more and more anxious to recieve mine.

Jigger
05-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm assuming you all ordered your cues from cuesnthings? I ordered a standard cocobolo myself that was in stock. Plays very nice. Any idea as to the length of time to get one with a slight change, ie a rambo ring on the butt? Is it worth calling Mr. Frey direct?

krbsailing
05-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I think if you contact JP at http://www.cuesnthings.com/ he can order you a custom version.....I think about 3 to 4 weeks??? ;)

Varney Cues
05-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Yes Zeeder...you're safe!
I guess this cue should be $450 then...err, I mean $550...OK $650 two shafts...LOL!!!

It's George Old Owner
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes Zeeder...you're safe!
I guess this cue should be $450 then...err, I mean $550...OK $650 two shafts...LOL!!!
wow looks like the whole shaft's made of ivory!

TheGreenHornet
05-10-2006, 06:25 PM
i talked to bob yesterday. you will get it faster from cuesnthings.com cause jp has a deal with him so he gets them faster, 2-4 weeks. if you were to order from bob directly he said it would be 6-8 weeks. you can do modifactions through jp just tell him what you want, (rambo buttcap, different wood, ivory, etc.)
i decided i am going to wait on buying a detailed custom cue till next year when i have more money so i am going to order a purpleheart sp from jp. i cant wait!

scottycoyote
05-10-2006, 09:09 PM
im trying to keep my cue spending in check, but if i was gonna buy a cue id be going with a slightly tricked out frey, good choice. Im a 5/16 14 piloted joint fan, he made alot of scruggs sneakys from what i understand and those things are almost universally held as one of the finest hitting sneakies out there. Im jealous

Jigger
05-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the info KRBSailing and GreenHornet......

Jigger

Unknown
05-12-2006, 12:35 PM
just recieved and email from jon mine is being sent out today :D

billiardshot
05-12-2006, 12:43 PM
There were/are 3 Bob Frey's cues on ebay at present time. Search Bob Frey in billiard

UWPoolGod1
05-12-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread makes me want a Frey SP :(
Yeah I hate myself for selling my Scruggs sneaky. While viewing this thread I also got in the mood to buy a sneaky pete. Even though I have a local makers custom I have been thinking about getting a sneaky for a while. Might just have to do some research and do it.

Anyone know the wait time for one of Freys? ....Nevermind...guess I should read the whole thread before making an @$$ out of myself. HEHE

PlynSets
05-13-2006, 02:51 AM
Well it's friday.. I'm plastered (just got home from a Brad Paisley concert..) and figured I'd check ole AZ before I went to bed.

Did you order the cue or what? :)

DJ

Scottlucasi19
05-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Yes I ordered it, he said they would ship it out Mon morning, and i should get it tuesday, I cant wait!

Unknown
05-13-2006, 10:16 AM
wow one day shipping lucky... me im across the continent and in another country and i will be happy if i get my cue in 1 week

Scottlucasi19
05-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Yea that sucks, I got one that he had in stock just so i wouldnt have to wait three weeks, still kindof sucks though because i'll be on vaction next week so i wont be able to use it until NEXT sundaysx:mad: , Im still trying to talk my gf into letting us leave wednesday so i can take it with me..:D