PDA

View Full Version : Mr Nice Guy: 1pRoscoe

troi
05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
I recently had the opportunity to visit TX for a technology conference.

While there I went to Eric's Billiards everynight.

On my last night, I matched up with 1pRoscoe to play some 1-hole.

This wound up being the highlight of my trip. 1pRoscoe is a cool guy and a great shooter!

It wound up being more of a "lesson" than a match up. :p

Being a newbie he gave me 10 - 6 in a race to 5. He spent the first hour going over rules, shots, strategy etc..

He went over every shot and explained why it was a good or bad move. I wish I had a notebook for all of the info he passed along.

For me though, the best part was after the first few games we just played and he made me pay for my mistakes! If I rattled the pockets on a straight in shot, he turned around and sunk in 4 or 5 balls.

I was feeling good when I left the rock pressed up against the pack and thought he didn't have a shot. He pulled out some sort of masse/bank shot out of no where! I damn near put my stick down when I saw that!

Anyways, I had a great time down there! I hope to make it back soon.

Thanks to 1pRoscoe for the lesson. I hope your wife didn't beat you up too bad for staying out late on a school night.

And also to Mystic Cue Fan and Room101 for recommending Eric's.

-Troi

1pRoscoe
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey Troi, it was good to meet you and play as well. Sorry I only had a couple of hours to play, but it was a very short notice at 9pm! hehe

I got home just before midnight. Thanks for the kind words, please give me a shout next time you are in town!