PDA

View Full Version : help setting up a summer league

supergreenman
05-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi, I'm just looking for a little input. I'm thinking about setting up a small singles 1-pocket league for the summer. What are some of the things I need to get in place.

I was thinking it could be similar to what they do for mens league at the golf course where you play a different opponent each week and it's up to you to set up the match. I've got a commitment from the room owner for free table time for the league.

Also, I don't want to have hold the money for the summer but I also don't want the hassle of setting up a non profit org for something this small.

Tom In Cincy
05-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Have everyone pay a "one time" summer 'dues' fee for the league. That will be your prize fund. 8 Players at $25 each is $200, pay 1st and 2nd place $120 and $80. I would pay at least 25% of the field and if it works out well enough 33%.

That way the players only have to worry about paying table time and reporting the score. A slip of paper with the scores (including ball count for each game in the match- this could be used for tie breakers-least amount of balls scored against)

If you can, break them up into two groups with some cross group matches if you want.

Hope it all works out well.