PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing in the qualifiers?

mnShooter
05-12-2006, 09:57 AM
They are having a couple of local qualifiers here for the World 8 Ball Open in July. They are also having a few mini's. I'm not going to spend 1K on entry fees though. I play low A high B speed, so it's not realistic that I will even make it into the qualifier. I've been playing a local shortstop in some straight pool and he can spot me 50 to 125 and still beat me :D. He's probably 3rd best in the state.

The mini's are 100 entry fee, 10 players, 1st place gets entry. Round robin format so you get to play at least 4 sets. I think I will play in all three of them for practice if nothing else. Who knows maybe I'll win one of these and get entry into the qualifier. If anything it will show me what my weaknesses are. I'm sure all the best players around will be playing in them.

Anyone else playing in these mini's/qualifiers? What kind of practice are you doing to get ready for the qualifiers? I'll be playing everyday until the last qualifier. Got a nine footer at home now so I can put in as much time as I want. Probably play a lot of 14.1 and of course 8 ball.

Icon of Sin
05-12-2006, 10:22 AM
If I can find a mini around here I will probably give it a shot just to say I did it. You never know.

rackmsuckr
05-13-2006, 10:36 AM
If I can find a mini around here I will probably give it a shot just to say I did it. You never know.

IOS - If there are none in your area, go ahead and schedule one of your own. Advertise however you want to. Put it together and run it. When you send in the money, your name will go down as the referral to those entrants, however many you send. I think the forms are on their website. That way, you will get a percentage of those players in the tournament plus 20% of their entry fee.

memikey
05-13-2006, 12:08 PM
They are having a couple of local qualifiers here for the World 8 Ball Open in July......

Do you mean they're holding local qualifiers in July for The IPT World 8 Ball Open (which is in September isn't it?) or do you mean they're holding local qualifiers soon for The IPT North American Open which is in July?

......or has IPT changed the 2006 Schedule without telling us overseas suckers?:confused:

vgodley1
05-13-2006, 12:37 PM
We are having our first mini today in the Raleigh area. I had to work and didn't get a chance to play,(I would of only been helping fund it anyway) :). Great deal for the players and the rooms that end up sponsering them. I hope more of these happen around here.

mnShooter
05-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Do you mean they're holding local qualifiers in July for The IPT World 8 Ball Open (which is in September isn't it?) or do you mean they're holding local qualifiers soon for The IPT North American Open which is in July?

......or has IPT changed the 2006 Schedule without telling us overseas suckers?:confused:

They are having mini's and qualifiers for the World 8 ball Open which is in September. The qualifier is in July.

metal5d
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Are there any mini's in Maryland or the DC area?

mnShooter
05-15-2006, 08:12 AM
You'll have to check with your local pool halls. The IPT doesn't run the mini's. Only the qualifiers.