PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Joyner vs. Stevie Moore

Southpaw
05-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Just heard that Cliff Joyner and Stevie Moore are going to play a race to 20 8 ball for $10,000 tonight at Mr. Cues in Atlanta. Just curious as to who everyone likes in this.

Southpaw

Ktown D
05-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I am probably going to be in the minority with my pick, but I like Stevie to pull it out. No particular reason, just plain gut.

fluidstroke
05-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Going with Stevie myself. I think the majority will bet on Stevie. Hope someone there likes Cliff in this so I can get a bet down. I think this match is gambling, but i just cant bet against Stevie. He has as much heart as anyone he is just a bulldog and wont ever quit. He's the real deal can flat out play.

Southpaw
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Going with Stevie myself. I think the majority will bet on Stevie. Hope someone there likes Cliff in this so I can get a bet down. I think this match is gambling, but i just cant bet against Stevie. He has as much heart as anyone he is just a bulldog and wont ever quit. He's the real deal can flat out play.

I agree 100%. He just plays so solid for the cash.

Southpaw

Varney Cues
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I like the white kid with the shaking arm...LOL!

smittie1984
05-12-2006, 05:39 PM
That should be an interesting match. They probably agreed on 8ball because I think Stevie might have Cliff in 9ball. But Cliff would have stevie in 1pocket. So they sort of met in the middle I guess.

Either way I wish I wasn't so broke or I'd go out and watch it.

cuetechasaurus
05-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Wish I knew how good this Stevie Moore plays, because Cliff can play 8-ball with anyone IMO.

Ktown D
05-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Wish I knew how good this Stevie Moore plays, because Cliff can play 8-ball with anyone IMO.
He can play with about anyone.

cuetechasaurus
05-12-2006, 06:43 PM
He can play with about anyone.

So is Stevie the total favorite in this match, even if Cliff is in dead punch??

Ktown D
05-12-2006, 07:00 PM
So is Stevie the total favorite in this match, even if Cliff is in dead punch??
I said on any given day. If Cliff is in dead stroke, nobody in the world has to like it. BTW, they played a race to 6 the other day and Stevie took that down.

You said you thought Cliff could play 8 ball with anyone, that ought to tell you how good Stevie plays.

Varney Cues
05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Update anyone....
Come on...one of you railbirds should have a laptop.

stick8
05-12-2006, 09:18 PM
just left q2 and for a while it looked good stevie way 3-3 then 5-3 then 7-5 stevie i strole over to watch a few of girles that play at my place come back it 14-7 joyner, last report i got was joyner 19 stivie 13. STICK

Varney Cues
05-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Just how damn long were you watchin' them girlies sir? Gone that long...I sure hope you got your shaft polished...LOL!

Thepoolroomchef
05-12-2006, 11:29 PM
End score 21 to 17 cliff on top. Stevie had him 7 to 3 and Cliff played perfect to 12 straight games to put him at 15 to 7. Stevie fought his way back up but hooked himself trying to make his last ball and break the 8 out of Cliff's ball. gave Cliff a not so easy 5 ball out for the cash and the fat lady started singing.

stick8
05-13-2006, 07:47 AM
well finley some one is wondering about my sex life ,here on a pool form!!! will mirecals never cease!!, thanks varney cues for the thought, if you can help a old man get it greased, i im open for suggestions!!!! THANKS STICK

Varney Cues
05-13-2006, 08:40 AM
pocket full of c'notes works well...

5ballcharlie
05-13-2006, 09:11 AM
I like the white kid with the shaking arm...LOL!
Mike Coltrain:eek: :eek:

Varney Cues
05-13-2006, 03:58 PM
No...the other shaking arm kid....whats his name....Frank Tullos.

smittie1984
05-13-2006, 04:27 PM
You said you thought Cliff could play 8 ball with anyone, that ought to tell you how good Stevie plays.

Stevie and Cliff are both excellent players. But from what I have heard is that Stevie is more of a 9ball player while cliff is a 1pocket player.

It's tough to hook a 1 pocket player. Especially one as good as Cliff.

However if I played them in a race to 1000 then the score would more than likely be 1000+-0. With either of them on top.

PetreeCues
05-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I'd have to take Cliff.

bud green
05-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Cliff runs balls at one hole better than anyone than Efren. Every tape I have of Cliff playing one pocket, guys like Danny Diliberto, Billy I.,etc... comment that once Cliff gets a shot he tends to get all the open balls or get all the way out.

8-ball is closer to one pocket than nine ball so I'd definately give Cliff an edge. Cliff has good positional skills in tight areas, and makes good strategic decisions or he wouldn't do as well at one pocket as he does.

Stevie should play him nine or ten ball or find an easier game maybe.

cuechick
05-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Stevie is a very good 8Ball player and it is also his favorite game. I am sure he was looking long term, toward getting onto shape for the IPT which is his goal right now. FYI: He was the highest finishing american in the last IPT Qualifer.
Anytime they go fpr a rematch my money will be on Stevie.

Mike Templeton
05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey CueChick or Stick (or anyone who watched),

Where were each of them breaking from? I saw a recent thread...."the best place to break in 8-ball". Those are 2 of the best. I'd like to know where they were breaking from. I wish I had known they were playing. I would have gone down to watch.

Mike

NoBull9
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
From the side of the table from what I can remember.I'm sorry you missed the match to.Great display of shooting 8 ball from both side's.Cliff came out ahead this time lets all hope they match up again.

BillPorter
05-15-2006, 03:22 PM
From the side of the table from what I can remember.I'm sorry you missed the match to.Great display of shooting 8 ball from both side's.Cliff came out ahead this time lets all hope they match up again.
In the IPT, don't they have to break from the box? I think IPT rules out the normal, best 8-ball break from the side of the table into the second ball in the stack.

cuechick
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM
best 8-ball break from the side of the table into the second ball in the stack.

That is how Stevie had me break, so I assume that is where he broke from ... unfortunately Mike I wasn't there either. I was in my own money match in Duluth =[!

stick8
05-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Hello Mike; try to answer your q--- if they were breaking from box both were breaking from highright side of box , that the way it looked to me, flash!!!!!!! I heard that they were to play again--- if i find out time i will post---if anyone knows please post!!! as i wolud like to watch also. STICK:D :D :D :D :D

smittie1984
05-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I wonder who was backing who?

It sucked I missed it but after a pool table move job from hell I went home and went to bed.

stick8
05-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I wonder who was backing who?

It sucked I missed it but after a pool table move job from hell I went home and went to bed.
dont hold this as the truth, but the word was[ don stephens] from s.c. was behind joyner---- the poker player-- it think aries or somthing like thatwas steives man??? hear say no qoute from stick????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

smittie1984
05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I heard Josh Aries was the likely candidate for Stevie.

Joyner however from what I heard was pure speculation. Keith something is a name that was brought up.

Either way I hope they rematch and I'll try to catch that one for sure.