PDA

View Full Version : My first good Screwing

lenoxmjs
05-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Ebay. First let me say that I have had about 30 perfect transactions but today I recieved my first good screwing.

All of you fellow Az'ers be on the look out for any item's or cues offered by M. Wold from Chino Valley, AZ know as askforbes on Ebay. Let me start by saying that I bid on a really nice Ebony Skip Weston described as new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7234826198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I purchased the cue on Apr 12th and paid immediately. The next day I recieve an e-mail stating that the seller had me pay the wrong e-mail address and would like me to pay his bussiness e-mail address.

I explained that I would be happy to do so once Paypal put the money back in my account. 10 or so days pass with him e-mailing asking for payment stating that paypal has removed the money from his account and I should pay him. I call paypal to learn that the money hasn't been refunded to me because there isn't any money to take out of his account.

Now it's May 3rd I'm out my 970.00 and still no cue so I file for merchandise not recieved complaint with Paypal. They advise me that the seller has 10 days to respond.

May 5th seller sends me an E-mail saying that he is overniting the cue and he is sorry...provides a tracking number that doesn't work. I e-mail him back and get no response.

Today the cue appears out of the blue. Totally not as described. Heavily played. I don't even believe the shafts are original. The Ferruls don't match up with the shafts. Finish is crazed and lifting on shaft collers. There is a white stain on the wrap. Definately not the new skip that I bought and Paid for. Wonder if that lifetime warrentee ( since I'm the first owner ...note sarcasm) that the seller promised from skip will cover this.

I don't know if any of you know Skip personally or not but he should also look into this guy because he is claiming he knows him and has been designing and buying all of these cues from him. Including the one I now have.

Claim for a refund of my money is still pending with Paypal but now I do have the cue so I don't know what they will decide. Will keep you all posted on the outcome. Thanks for letting me vent.

1pRoscoe
05-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Someone posted this stuff about the cue a month ago, wished you would've seen it prior to winning.

I remember reading the thread while that same auction was still active, but you cannot warn the bidders on a private auction....

Sorry, dude..... that sucks.

lenoxmjs
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Someone posted this stuff about the cue a month ago, wished you would've seen it prior to winning.

I remember reading the thread while that same auction was still active, but you cannot warn the bidders on a private auction....

Sorry, dude..... that sucks.

I saw that thread about a day after I had paid.:(

Purdman
05-12-2006, 02:28 PM
BASTARDS, one day it will kick em in the ass big time!!!! Don't lose your faith in mankind because of one A-HOLE. Sorry for your loss.
Purdman

Salamander
05-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Sorry for your problem. I've had a couple of bad experiances through ebay. It's real hard to determine a good seller from a bad seller. Based on this guys feedback, I would have thought that you were pretty safe. At least you received something, which is better than nothing at all?? In regards to the condition of the cue, I had Skip make me two shafts for my Southwest about a year ago. The shafts turned out to be crap. The wood shrank, the ferrules cracked, tips came off, and the ringwork lifted. I have heard how terrific Skips cues are, but in this case I paid him over 300 for total junk. Despite my emails voicing disatisfaction, I never got a response back....

At any rate, I guess my point is that there is a chance that the change in climate might have caused the shafts and finish to worsen when this guy sent the cue to you? I've heard other stories about Skip's work and how the finish has lifted on his cues. I know there are a ton of Skip followers out there, but in my case, his workmanship and product was junk.

Pehaps you might have better luck getting Skip to help make it right. Otherwise, I'd send the cue and shafts to Proficient billiards and have Scott refinish it.

Best of luck,

Doug

8-ball Rat
05-12-2006, 02:39 PM
...so, can you go the "item GROSSLY misrepresented" route through E-bay or Paypal? There's protections in place for that kind of thing, right?

Either way, that sucks! Sorry to hear about your nightmare. I remember the thread about that cue when it was first listed on E-bay.....and it's a shame that ANYONE got scammed...but it's even worse when it's somebody that floats around the forums that you see day to day. Makes it more "personal," I guess.

Hope all works out for ya, man.

Take care,

Rat

Hal
05-12-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm glad for you that you at least got your cue. If it were me, I'd probably keep the cue and have it refinished.

pete-biker
05-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Another saying; there is always people to go into train and after that there is alwyas some persons to stay on the platform.

misterpoole
05-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Ebay. First let me say that I have had about 30 perfect transactions but today I recieved my first good screwing.

. Definately not the new skip that I bought and Paid for. Wonder if that lifetime warrentee ( since I'm the first owner ...note sarcasm) that the seller promised from skip will cover this.

Claim for a refund of my money is still pending with Paypal but now I do have the cue so I don't know what they will decide. Will keep you all posted on the outcome. Thanks for letting me vent.

Read the buyer protection policy. Then if you want to pursue getting a full refund read it again.
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_pbp-outside
If you have opened the dispute because the cue is 'significantly not as described' you will need to get a third party, preferably a cuemaker, write-up an evaluation of the cue, emphasizing anything different to the ebay description. PayPal will ask you to return the cue. It will then take 30 days to get a full refund. Good luck

Room101
05-12-2006, 06:08 PM
A very sad story. I've never had any problems with eBay, but I will never again bid on a pool cue. They're has been just too many horror stories lately. Good luck.

You don't have to go that far: take a look at the thread I just posted in the Wanted/ For Sale forum about Escrow. lenox, you should see that thread too; it won't help you this time, but now that you have learned your lesson, the info I posted there will help you avoid this problem in the future.

cueaddicts
05-12-2006, 06:31 PM
lenox,

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Had a nice screwing myself recently on ebay, so I feel your pain, brother. :(

Don't let this one incident discourage you, there are honest sellers out there. There just seem to be fewer and fewer of them seem to be on ebay, and ebay does nothing to truly protect the buyer. There's a moral to the story, though.....sometimes that 'good' deal on ebay might not be so good after all.

Sean

cuetechasaurus
05-12-2006, 06:41 PM

All of you fellow Az'ers be on the look out for any item's or cues offered by M. Wold from Chino Valley, AZ know as askforbes on Ebay. Let me start by saying that I bid on a really nice Ebony Skip Weston described as new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7234826198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I purchased the cue on Apr 12th and paid immediately. The next day I recieve an e-mail stating that the seller had me pay the wrong e-mail address and would like me to pay his bussiness e-mail address.

I explained that I would be happy to do so once Paypal put the money back in my account. 10 or so days pass with him e-mailing asking for payment stating that paypal has removed the money from his account and I should pay him. I call paypal to learn that the money hasn't been refunded to me because there isn't any money to take out of his account.

Now it's May 3rd I'm out my 970.00 and still no cue so I file for merchandise not recieved complaint with Paypal. They advise me that the seller has 10 days to respond.

May 5th seller sends me an E-mail saying that he is overniting the cue and he is sorry...provides a tracking number that doesn't work. I e-mail him back and get no response.

Today the cue appears out of the blue. Totally not as described. Heavily played. I don't even believe the shafts are original. The Ferruls don't match up with the shafts. Finish is crazed and lifting on shaft collers. There is a white stain on the wrap. Definately not the new skip that I bought and Paid for. Wonder if that lifetime warrentee ( since I'm the first owner ...note sarcasm) that the seller promised from skip will cover this.

I don't know if any of you know Skip personally or not but he should also look into this guy because he is claiming he knows him and has been designing and buying all of these cues from him. Including the one I now have.

I think the best case scenario is that you get a total refund. Is it possible to do that or is this guy going to get away with such BS??

About a year ago I had a problem on ebay. I bought a cue from the phillipines on ebay, it cost me $220 USD, it was an extremely nice cue and the brand was recommended by someone else I know. In the picture, it showed the cue lying next to a hard case, so I figured he would ship me the cue in the case, or at least some type of protection. Well the cheap bastard decides to wrap the cue up in newspaper and ship it to me, and he didn't even bother to put a 'fragile' sticker on it. When I got the cue, it certainly was a quality cue, but in the shipping process it got extremely dinged up, the pin was bent, and the shaft was cracked. I asked him why he didn't send it in a case, and he said that wasn't part of the offer. LOL he had me fooled.

It's George Old Owner
05-12-2006, 06:46 PM
i'm sry to hear what has happened to u..always beware of suspicious auctions on ebay..seller's rating is v.impt..hope u'll be able to resolve this issue :)

lenoxmjs
05-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Confronted seller on his lies. The summry of his reply was maybe the cue had played a few racks and if I have any problems with the Quality of the cue I should take it up directly with Skip...Funny didn't he say it was brand new and he had just recieved it. For just having recieved the cue from Skip it seems to be a date of 05 on the forearm. Mail must be really slow from NJ to AZ.

Flex
05-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Link isn't working.

It's George Old Owner
05-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Confronted seller on his lies. The summry of his reply was maybe the cue had played a few racks and if I have any problems with the Quality of the cue I should take it up directly with Skip...Funny didn't he say it was brand new and he had just recieved it. For just having recieved the cue from Skip it seems to be a date of 05 on the forearm. Mail must be really slow from NJ to AZ.
kick his ass n ask for a refund minus shipping..he should've stated refund policies if i'm not wrong..we'll back u up!

Room101
05-12-2006, 08:55 PM
and ebay does nothing to truly protect the buyer.

Again, see my post on escrow. I'm interested to see what people here think about it.

Escrow - Valuable Advice (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=32098)

Craig Fales
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't know if it's something on my end but it's says session has expired...and I'm logged into Yahoo
________
_Penelope_ (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/_Penelope_/)

5ballcharlie
05-12-2006, 10:45 PM

If it makes you feel any better. I sent him a really nasty message and told him he was a dick smoke and that alot of people were on to him...

askforbes
05-13-2006, 02:49 AM
First of all, to all you vultures that do not know all the facts, shut up. You have no grounds to attack me. All you have is the alledged injured party's feelings and observations. You hardly know the details to form such horrendous personal harrassment, nor are you getting an objective view of this case. There are always two sides to a story. Besides, there is always communication between the parties that is omitted by the grieved person in order to strengthen his case and build sympathy around his person to make him feel better. Fine, but you have no grounds to go on an all-out attack using foul language and sending emails like this one that I received this evening:

Sent from Ebay ID rthart101084
"you dick smoke... I know your a scam artist because you ripped alot of people of in the pool community and now were on to you.. I hope you go to hell..."

Some of your replies to this thread are way out of line, and serious enough to potentially be considered part of a harrassment/personal injury suit. I sure hope the posts to this thread are not representative for the subscribers of this forum. Highly unprofessional. And such babies to be sure, some of you. Unbelievable.

PURDMAN...your must come from an area where the genepool is very limited.

8-BALL RAT - Read on, pal. The cue was NOT grossly misrepresented. Not at all. The issues that buyer raises concern with, are parts of the cue that Skip would have fine-combed before releasing.

IT'S GEORGE...You don't know enough to pass judgment like you do.

CUEADDICT ...You again, Sean. Didn't you learn your lesson the first time? For you others, read the reply posting immediately after I am done with the Weston cue issues. It will shed light on Sean's previous confrontation.

TO ALL YOU OTHER BRETHEREN....It is admirable that you watch out for eachother. I am not saying this to be sarcastic. A forum like this really is a good thing, helping police a marketplace where high-priced products sadly also will introduce the prescence of businesses and people with less than honorable intent.

However, I don't give a rat's ass about some juvenile behaviour from a few of you. I do however want to defend myself and the situation with Matthew's, Mr. Sutton's, cue.

Matthew, I am surely disappointed in your inability to take a straight-up approach to ensuring that your purchase is all that you want it to be.

Your quote: " I confronted seller with his lies...". What on earth, Matthew, there were no lies. You came to me about specific issues; the ferrules, the wrap and the claim to cue being used." Now, you might get a lot of sympathy so you feel better about yourself when you spread untruths like that statement above, but you are now the one fabricating a story here, not I. As to your concerns, when you made me aware of them yesterday, Friday, , I immediately responded to you within hours and then continued to email Skip with all the information you passed on to me, together with your contact details. I gave you all of Skip's contact details as well and told you that if you had any issues regarding the cue that the best, fastest - AND MOST CORRECT - way to resolve this was to bring you and Skip together as soon as possible, return the cue to him should he feel it was appropriate and have Skip look at your issues first-hand, in his shop, where - if he found your claims to be correct - could make any and all necessary steps to take care of your concerns and return the cue to you with a finish that Skip feels is representative for his cues.

I take strong offense to your unfounded sarcasm and allogations that the shafts are not originals, that they were not new, that there is no warranty should there be any issues, that the cue is not new just because it is dated from 2005. Not all cues are sold hot off the assembly line. Take a Jerry Franklin cue from early 90's, occassionally assembled and broken down to show potential buyers this fine South West cue original from the time Jerry was still among us. Surely the cue is still new today if it is presented to the market in 2006, not sold previously and not used.

Carrying several cues for sale in my cue cases to the pool halls, a person who is interested in buying the cue would want to assemble it and perhaps hit a ball or two just to have an understanding of what kind of instrument he is holding in his hands. Back to the Weston cue, if this cue had a couple of people interested in it locally and wanted to hold it and feel it it in their hand, I maintain that the cue is perfectly new. Plus, the fact that I tested it for hit and correct assembly, hitting softly about two racks of 9-ball (no there was no break, just spread the balls around a small area on the table by hand), the cue still remains new. No games were played with it, nor was it assembled at any time for more than five, six minutes.

FACTS ABOUT THE WESTON CUE.

- The cue was ordered by me from Skip for resell to a European player.
- The deal was not completed and cue remained with me, kept in a climate-controlled environment.
- The cue came with the same two shafts that were shipped to Matthew Sutton, the grieved buyer in this thread.
- What concern the buyer has with the ferrules, I cannot give a final answer on whether this is something that has escaped Skip when he completed the cue. Only Skip can answer this as he built them in the first place. Personally, I did not see any issue with the ferrules, but again, I cannot answer for the buyer who has his own subjective opinion on the cue. If Skip feels the claim is valid, this issue will be corrected under the new-cue warranty.
- Same goes for the wrap. What stain? If there is a stain ever so small, it has escaped me and again, if it is something that Skip feels is not up to par, he will resolve it.
- The cue was an a-stock product. No throw-away. Skip would never do this. This is my strongest argument that the buyer has got some very unique and subjective feelings about this cue that might be colored merely due to your longer wait for delivery. You were already in a mode to find whatever fault you could, just to blow steam. I know Skip wouldn't send out a secondrate product. If anything, Skip has built his name on the fine workmanship displayed in all his cues. I hope that his level of detail and quality remains constant.

I am not going to say you are fabricating this, but I must say it is unusual. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and cennected you with Skip immediately. I want your purchasing experience to be a good one. I want you to not just feel the cue is ok, I want you to adore the cue, to embrace it. Now, if you feel that it is not possible to do this at this time, then let's fix it. The correct way is to have Skip look at it under a microscope and get back to you.

I have no problem reimbursing your cost for shipping the cue to Skip.

But do not spread false information around when there is not a reason to do so. You wrote me same day as you received the cue, Friday 5/12. I responded to you same day only hours later and Skip was notified by email immediately. I cannot offer better/faster service than this response time.

To the rest of you blood-thirsty wolves, below is the email I sent Skip asap when I learned of buyer's issues (buyer's address and my personal closing have been omitted). I don't ever pass on my personal correspondance with Skip, but it is obvious that the wolfpack won't stop attacking until fed properly. Now, Skip does not involve himself in any sales or follow-up on sales and I strongly urge you all to respect this. His only interest is in the cues themselves and that they all are to the level of quality that he himself is satisfied with.

If Mr. Sutton's claims are valid, they will surely be addressed and resolved. To the rest of you with shitty commentary, kindly mind your own business. If you would like to voice your opinion to this thread, 1) be properly informed, 2) be constructive and 3) be civilized. Is that too much to ask?

EMAIL TO CUEMAKER:
"Hello Skip....

....I need to ask draw your attention to the Kingwood cue for a moment. The customer of the Kingwood cue just received it and has written me with some serious concern as to the workmanship of the shafts and wrap of this cue. He says he has several of your cues and he feels that this particular cue is considerably below the quality he is accustomed to from your cues. Something about the ferrules not matching up with the shafts and that there is a stain on the wrap of some sorts. He also claims that by looking at the inside of the shafts, he believes the the shafts are used in play for considerable time..which they are not. The cue has been assembled about a dozen times for demo purposes and it has shot 2-3 racks to test it prior to selling. This is all the usage it has had. I don't know the details of how he believes this to be so and I think that the frustration he might feel with regards to the ferrules and wrap might have spilled over to the overall impression he has with the cue. I am sure that when those issues are resolved - should there be anything in err - that the cue will be quite satisfactory.

As to the issues raised above, I have emailed him your contact details, knowing that the way to resolve this is for you to have a look at the shafts/cue yourself and discuss the issues at hand directly with the customer.

I have suggested he email you directly but for your file I also include is address below:......"

END.

Buyer cannot dispute the authenticity of this email as I can provide anyone with the original email scan and the email tail (containing recipients and datestamp).
Note. As for the first attempt to sell this cue, I contend that both buyer and I could have done things differently and better. However, the transaction was reversed by Paypal as per buyer complaint which I accepted, thus fully refunded.

askforbes
05-13-2006, 02:59 AM
As for the first wave of totally unwarranted third-party harrassment, there is a lawsuit pending against CueAddicts for their initial posting here early in this thread.

When I made him (Sean, I believe...) aware of this, the response was again totally juvenile:

I get an email in return where CueAddicts so completely confident and full of himself exclaims: "What obscene harrassment? Read the post again!"

For some reason, I had a feeling I had to anticipate such a reaction and it was not very surprising that CueAddicts had gone into their reply post and edited out all the shit they had written earlier, thinking they were OH SO SMART as it was not visible anymore....!

Well, not so, as I took print screens before I communicated back to CueAddicts, thus preserving the original posting.

Again, I ask....is this really representative of dealers, cue collectors and poolplayers here on AZB? If so, the state of affairs is very sad indeed. I rather hope this is not the case.

askforbes
05-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Ebay ID rthart101084

So does anyone here associate themselves with this Ebay ID? Is he also here on AZbilliards? Again, what a small-minded imbecile. This is three for three of people voicing complete trash. Please tell me there are some people with good character here, somewhere.

meterpai
05-13-2006, 03:50 AM
First of all, to all you vultures that do not know all the facts, shut the hell up. You have no grounds to attack me. All you have is the alledged injured party's feelings and observations. You hardly know the details to form such horrendous personal harrassment, nor are you getting an objective view of this case....

problem with workmanship...? you're selling a $900 cue and you can't tell whether it's in good shape or not? that's bs, dude. if you really feel that it's the workmanship of the cue that's a problem. why don't you return the guy's money and deal with the cue yourself, considering you're oh so cool with skip.:rolleyes:

degenrat
05-13-2006, 03:55 AM
drama, drama, drama.

Askforbes: my only input as a spectator is this: Using foul language in an arguement such as this severely weakens your stance imo.

You put together a 500 word reply and have to curse 5 times in it?

Makes no sense.

degenrat
05-13-2006, 03:57 AM
Hold on a sec, i have more insight lol.

I believe Ask forbes has done the correct thing. go directly to Skip and get it addressed. Skip or another Builder are the only ones who can accurately asses the cue.

And the seller has offered to cover the shipping to skip to boot.

get off the guys back a bit.

askforbes
05-13-2006, 04:32 AM
I am always interested in hearing constructive criticism, if it might be helpful in improving future transactions and building stronger relationships. No-one's perfect and I know that I have many things to improve on in all aspects of life.

BUT, crap like the stuff from earlier, will get no-one anywhere. I am sure that such posts contradicts the very foundation of a forum like this, on which we all signed on to ensure the betterment of each and every one of us.

There is also a forum for constructive criticism....it is called PM. Unless the evidence is overwhelming and set in stone - and both parties have had a chance to give their side of the story - there is no reason for bringing it public attention.

Very much like how you shouldn't tell your wife her food tasted terrible when your dinner guests are right there with you at the table! Although some would just blurt out just the same with no thought, and I am confident that the same people are those that write up the obscene and harrassing statements here on this forum.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially one that hasn't even been house-trained. Besides, every time a dog relieves himself inside, it teaches him that it is OK to go inside. Likewise, unless someone tells the you folks with the unsubstantiated posts/replies that it is not appropriate and extremely unprofessional, then you will continue to post such garbage until someone dares stand up against you to defend the true facts.

Salamander
05-13-2006, 04:35 AM
This really does not surprise me. I'm getting the feeling that good O'l Skips workmanship may not be up to par on this one. I hope you have better luck with getting Skip to do something with it than I did with the junk he sold me.

Good luck,

Doug

askforbes
05-13-2006, 04:56 AM
problem with workmanship...? you're selling a $900 cue and you can't tell whether it's in good shape or not? that's bs, dude. if you really feel that it's the workmanship of the cue that's a problem. why don't you return the guy's money and deal with the cue yourself, considering you're oh so cool with skip.:rolleyes:
In the case of this cue and shafts, I had no reason to question the judgment of Skip. To me, it was a good $900 cue. The only remark I have on the cue is that the cue is fairly plain. But then again, it wasn't made for a beauty contest. However, in a room with ten people, there are usually ten opinions about the same cue. Very subjective.

But I'm not going to argue this to death.

The solution for the buyer is simple. Return it to Skip to for a full check-up at no cost. Only thing to do.

askforbes
05-13-2006, 04:58 AM
drama, drama, drama.

Askforbes: my only input as a spectator is this: Using foul language in an arguement such as this severely weakens your stance imo.

Makes no sense.
You are right, it makes no sense. Just as all those replies made no sense at all. And I am not a cursing man, so I guess you hit all the right/wrong buttons.

lenoxmjs
05-13-2006, 05:00 AM
First let me start by saying that I have never used any foul language or spoken anything but the truth. Yes I am fairly new to the cue buying game but I also feel that I can tell when something isn't right.

I have bought a total of about $25,000 worth of cues from the following parties in the last 4 months in no particular order. Jamie (worminator), bushwacker, jazz, cranegod1, J.P nuesbaum (cues-n -things),Roy Malott at Indy Q, Tim Scruggs, and several others.

My point is that all of these transactions were straight foreward and simple. I make payment cue is shipped and arrives within 5 bussiness days as described.

Maybe my expectations are just too high. To help you all understand the ferrul problem a little better. The problem is that the shaft is of smaller diameter that the ferrul buy about the thickness of 2 sheets of paper so that when you slide the cue rearward you can feel the seam. The white staining on the wrap If I had to guess would be baby powder of talc. Let me also state that I wouldn't have had a problem with any of these issues if they had been disclosed and I would have adjusted my price accordingly.

I will make arrangements to have the cue examined by Skip. I will live with whatever his decision is. If for some reason he feels that it is ok the way it is I am sure that Scott at Proficient will make it what It should have been all along.

Best of Luck to all cue buyers out there. Remember don't let one Bad Apple spoil the bunch. There are a lot of really great cue sellers and billiard industry people out there who are willing to share their knowledge and will do the right thing everytime.

Worminator
05-13-2006, 05:08 AM
askforbes:

There is one simple solution to all this. If the customer is not 100% satisfied with the product you sell them, refund their money and move on. This is called...customer service.

cueaddicts
05-13-2006, 05:12 AM
LOL...lawsuit. You would be wise to cease using my name in public like this or you will be the one on the end of a lawsuit. And BTW, your ebay feedback speaks for itself.

Sean

P.S. customer service 101.....refund the customer his money since he is unhappy with the cue and you take the issue up with Skip to get corrected...it was sold as a brand new cue (right there in the ad title).

askforbes
05-13-2006, 05:13 AM
drama, drama, drama.

Makes no sense.
degenrat:

A quick edit and I have I toned it down....just for you :)

askforbes
05-13-2006, 05:17 AM
LOL...lawsuit. You would be wise to cease using my name in public like this or you will be the one on the end of a lawsuit. And BTW, your ebay feedback speaks for itself.

Sean

P.S. customer service 101.....refund the customer his money since he is unhappy with the cue and you take the issue up with Skip to get corrected...it was sold as a brand new cue (right there in the ad title).
You signed your replies with your name all over this thread, so I just picked up from there.

Footnote. You can always counter-sue when you are served. Don't forget who's dirt hit the fan.

askforbes
05-13-2006, 05:20 AM

Sean

If you check the text in the latest auctions, you will read what happened. Again, you place judgment on something where you are missing major pieces of the puzzle. And after the problem was fixed, feedback corrected itself.

lenoxmjs
05-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Since I Haven't heard what is the issue between Cueaddicts and Askforbes. Is there a pattern forming here.

classiccues
05-13-2006, 06:57 AM

Lenox,
Sorry to hear about your cue buying experience. If you take a picture of the shafts and compare them to those on the auction, it will serve as a comparative frame of reference. About the ferrules and shafts, the cue was constructed in NJ and has spent alot of time is AZ. One possibility is that wood acclimated to the AZ dryness and shrunk a little. This happens frequently with alot of cues. The best thing to do here is have them adjusted locally. I don't know what to say about the condition of the finish without seeing it. The rest is speculative. What I will say is that you are not the first owner of the cue, when a cuedealer buys a cue from a cuemaker, he is the first owner. Test hitting is common, but a good dealer or at least one who is careful, will wipe the shafts down between test hits, or simply carry brown chalk. I have had shafts get blueing by keeping them in well used cases, but I can tell a new shaft vs a played shaft regardless of the degree of blueing. The other real possiblity, is that the auction was falsely advertised. In which case, thats a whole other ball of wax.

I do not believe anything that you have mentioned will fall into Skips warranty. He sold the cue to the ebay seller and as far as I know, his warranty is non transferable. But he may make some concessions.

One note about ebay auctions, if the cue appears to be any different than the pics used to advertise the auction, you have a case. In other words the cue pics show a brand new cue, no chalk on the shafts and no chalk on the tips. The auction also does not note any previous play on the cue, therefore enhancing the advertising with the pictures. I believe if you can show this difference, it's to your credit.

Joe

runscott
05-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Askforbes - do you have any clue how your buyers feel about you? Following is one of the most incredible stretches of buyer feedback I've ever seen on ebay. Congratulations on recently satisfying three consecutive customers!

1pRoscoe
05-13-2006, 07:26 AM
As for the first wave of totally unwarranted third-party harrassment, there is a lawsuit pending against CueAddicts for their initial posting here early in this thread.

You've got to be kidding me....

"You hurt my feelings so I'm gonna sue you!!"

Jesus, are you really that thin skinned? My suggestion to you is to get a dustbuster and suck up all of the sand that you have in your vaginal canal.

Honestly, I think it's pretty pussy of you to even imply that would sue someone over a statement such as what Sean said. I can't imagine what a lawyer would say to your allegations..... I think he'd have to stop laughing first....

Craig Fales
05-13-2006, 07:33 AM
You've got to be kidding me....

"You hurt my feelings so I'm gonna sue you!!"

Jesus, are you really that thin skinned? My suggestion to you is to get a dustbuster and suck up all of the sand that you have in your vaginal canal.

Honestly, I think it's pretty pussy of you to even imply that would sue someone over a statement such as what Sean said. I can't imagine what a lawyer would say to your allegations..... I think he'd have to stop laughing first....

LOLz ^^^....I use ebays feedback to get a feel about a seller....I don't take it all to heart, however in your case, askforbes, I wouldn't touch a sale of yours with a ten foot pole...I see a pattern with people like you....and PAINPOOL...you are right and everybody else is wrong...why don't you prove that you didn't misrepresent this cue and show pics to the contrary if you can....actually I'd like to see pics of the cue as received from lenoxmjs...the cue 'looks' to be in pretty good shape....lenoxmjs, can you post up pics of what you are not happy with about this cue?
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

1pRoscoe
05-13-2006, 07:42 AM
LMAO - Askforbes, I just saw your feedback. You're about as worthless as a bucket of fried assholes....

lenoxmjs
05-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi Joe,

I agree with your assessment and realize that the condition could be a result of climate change and nobody's fault. I also know that this condition should have been disclosed to all potential buyers.

On a seperate note. Was just wondering if you could Pm me with directions to your place. Will be down your way for the Auto Auction on Wednesday. Would love to stop buy and check out some of your stuff. A good starting point would be your old pool hall. Do you take Skip Westons in trade maybe on that Barry Zamboti Snakewood

misterpoole
05-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Please keep us informed of what transpires. I believe you will never be happy with this cue and so you should proceed with PayPal to force the seller to take the cue back for a full refund. If you need any assistance you can PM me or call PayPal, they are very helpful.
Also, did you use a credit card as payment? If so dispute it there as well.

Hidy Ho
05-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Askforbes - do you have any clue how your buyers feel about you? Following is one of the most incredible stretches of buyer feedback I've ever seen on ebay. Congratulations on recently satisfying three consecutive customers!

I hope others will learn from this incident ...

For me, a combination of "User ID kept private" and multiple recent negative feedbacks is enough to pass on the offering.

5ballcharlie
05-13-2006, 08:50 AM
askforbes you sound like your full of shit to me. You scammed him, just give his money back.

lenoxmjs
05-13-2006, 08:55 AM
I hope others will learn from this incident ...

For me, a combination of "User ID kept private" and multiple recent negative feedbacks is enough to pass on the offering.

All negitive feedback is fairly recent and after the end of the auction for this Skip. I definately dont see a bright future for this Ebay'er. I too would steer clear of anyone with this type of feedback.

Jigger
05-13-2006, 09:00 AM
askforbes:

There is one simple solution to all this. If the customer is not 100% satisfied with the product you sell them, refund their money and move on. This is called...customer service.

Forbes, if the new Skip cue is in such perfect shape as you describe, refund the money immediately. Should be no reason for anyone to deal with Skip himself and thus no cost.

That's some pretty nasty feedback there buddy.:eek:

5ballcharlie
05-13-2006, 09:00 AM
LMAO - Askforbes, I just saw your feedback. You're about as worthless as a bucket of fried assholes....
Yea he sucks, now get off are board. LMAO Roscoe, and forbes I am the ebay member who sent you that nasty message if you read the post you would have figured that out. I am rthart!!!!! You screw over someone in the pool community it doesnt take long to get around, so I hope you never sell anything else you dick smoke.

UGOTDA7
05-13-2006, 09:02 AM
You signed your replies with your name all over this thread, so I just picked up from there.

Footnote. You can always counter-sue when you are served. Don't forget who's dirt hit the fan.

:rolleyes:

You might want to PM Brickman for a legal review of the merits of your case.

RiverRat
05-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I just read the guys feedback, in the last 2 months alone he's screwed several buyers. I'm a firm believer of "you reap what you sow"....and one day he'll get his just rewards.

Sorry you got taken in by this slimeball bastard.

classiccues
05-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Joe,

I agree with your assessment and realize that the condition could be a result of climate change and nobody's fault. I also know that this condition should have been disclosed to all potential buyers.

On a seperate note. Was just wondering if you could Pm me with directions to your place. Will be down your way for the Auto Auction on Wednesday. Would love to stop buy and check out some of your stuff. A good starting point would be your old pool hall. Do you take Skip Westons in trade maybe on that Barry Zamboti Snakewood

LOL It's not my place, its Mark Kulungians. But you can stop by in East Windsor and Mark will give you a nice tour of his collection if he is not busy.

Joe

Craig Fales
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
He's not going to do anything...he's probably sitting at his keyboard wringing his hands and saying "HAHAHA!!!! I got your money...HAHAHA!!!!".....
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

lenoxmjs
05-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Now I have a new problem.

On the second of May I filed a claim for Non-reciept of merchandise with Paypal. As per their rules the seller has 10 days to respond to the claim. The seller never responded and yesterday Paypal awarded me my money back. They said it will appear in my account in 3-5 days.

I recieved the cue on the 12th.

My worry is that my claim is no longer valid. I have this guys cue and probably his money. I am hesitant to send him the cue back incase Paypal does a chargeback on me when he shows them the return reciept.

I don't feel right keeping both but I definately prefer my money to the cue do you fellow AZ'ers have any ideas have any how I could get the cue back to him and make sure I don't end up being the one who's left with nothing when Paypal does a chargeback against my bank account or my Creditcard?

zeeder
05-14-2006, 07:45 AM

On the second of May I filed a claim for Non-reciept of merchandise with Paypal. As per their rules the seller has 10 days to respond to the claim. The seller never responded and yesterday Paypal awarded me my money back. They said it will appear in my account in 3-5 days.

My worry is that my claim is no longer valid. I have this guys cue and probably his money. I am hesitant to send him the cue back incase Paypal does a chargeback on me when he shows them the return reciept.

I don't feel right keeping both but I definately prefer my money to the cue do you fellow AZ'ers have any ideas have any how I could get the cue back to him and make sure I don't end up being the one who's left with nothing when Paypal does a chargeback against my bank account or my Creditcard?

I'd call paypal and discuss it with them.

misterpoole
05-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Wait till you get the money then give PayPal a call...

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you during the following times:

4:00 AM PDT to 10:00 PM PDT Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PDT to 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday and Sunday

Call us at: 1-402-935-2050 (a U.S. telephone number)

TATE
05-14-2006, 08:45 AM

I know who you can ask. Askforbes.

He's the one with the problem now.:p

Chris

Ps. He probably didn't respond to paypal in time.

I know you wouldn't screw the guy, because you're not like that. but take your time and cover all your bases. Wait until the funds clear your bank account or credit card account before returning the cue. Send it back by trackable source fully insured and require a signature.

supergreenman
05-14-2006, 08:47 AM

I don't feel right keeping both but I definately prefer my money to the cue do you fellow AZ'ers have any ideas have any how I could get the cue back to him and make sure I don't end up being the one who's left with nothing when Paypal does a chargeback against my bank account or my Creditcard?I think given this persons history you should use an escrow service or something. Call PayPal for starters. This should not be costing you more money though. It's his fault.

misterpoole
05-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Send it back by trackable source fully insured and require a signature.
Yes, even though you didn't need to sign to get the cue make sure you require a signature when you send it back. I believe PayPal will emphasize that, because everyones covered with a signature.

coastydad
05-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry to hear that somebody got "screwed" in an e-bay deal. Definitely agree with Joe's analysis of the problem with the ferrules on the cue. My first Skip had a little problem like that that I fixed myself. It was simply the cue "acclimating" to the difference in humidity levels. Wasn't a big deal. As far as the finish is concerned, I had some spyder web type cracking on the finish on my first cue from Skip. When we talked about it, he explained that the finish he uses actually cures over a period of time, and, that he had probably put the finish on too thick when he sprayed it, hence the cracking appearance. He refinished the cue at no charge, quite quickly by the way, and I've had no problems over the last two years. The cue still looks like new. I believe that he stands by his product. Not sure what happened between Salamander and Skip, but, that is between them. I'll definitely continue to buy cues from Skip.

lenoxmjs
06-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Well I must say that I have my money and his cue. Have been E-mailing him once a week for the past 3 weeks asking for his return shipping address to no avail. I have inquired with Paypal as to what I should do and asked them for the address. The woman that I spoke with at Paypal she was very clear that as far as they were concerned the case was closed and the cue was mine to do with as I wished.

Today I notice that my feedback is no longer 100%. He left me negitive feedback saying that I falsified a claim. Not true. I waited almost 3 weeks to file and it took Paypal 10 days to decide after that. They basiclly give the seller a 10 day period to prove that the cue was shipped. I recieved my money from them the same day the cue arrived.

In his response to my feed back on him (negitive of course) he states that he has reported my to the police.

At first I wanted to do the right thing and send the man his cue back but I can't do it if he won't give me an address and why should I pay to have it shipped back to this A$$. What would you folks do?

lenoxmjs
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Figured that you folks out there in A-Z would appreciate the type of e-mail he sends. Note still no Address. This is the first time I've heard from him in weeks.

I replied in kind, Matthew. You leave me feedback stating that you never received the cue???!!! That is bullshit and you know it. Besides, I have responded every time you asked for an address to return the cue. READ the auction....sale is final and no returns. I have given you the best advice possible and if you don't want to take it to Skip, the you, my friend, are the FRAUD, not I. You are asking for things and claiming stuff about the cue that you obviously know won't hold up with the cuemaker. You get a life. I am willing to request Ebay remove the feedback if you do the same with the one you keft me. Besides, you are likely to answer to the police in the next few weeks as I have filed a complaint against you for attempted fraud and defaming my name. It is up to you how you want things to proceed.

Since he states no returns and won't give me the address. I'm going to keep the cue since he dosen't seem to want it and Paypal says I can. As far as the police and all the other balony bring it on baby. I have saved every piece of e-mail and correspondance related to this transaction and the time line will show that I am totally in the right. In order to defame you must tell an untruth. I've only spoken the truth.

Purdman
06-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Send Moneys to the " Purdmans Childrens Fund ", who knows, could go to help your sister!
I was gonna post this but decided not to.
Sorry, Purdman

Harvywallbanger
06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
:eek: Purdman your to much :D

Room101
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
If I were in your shoes, I would look for a return address on the packaging, or find the location from the postmark, and call the police in that area to inform them of your willingness to cooperate in full and that you have made it clear from the get go that you wanted to return the cue. Basically, just tell them you don't want any trouble and you don't want to waste their time and ask them how you should handle the situation.

TATE
06-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Figured that you folks out there in A-Z would appreciate the type of e-mail he sends. Note still no Address. This is the first time I've heard from him in weeks.

I replied in kind, Matthew. You leave me feedback stating that you never received the cue???!!! That is bullshit and you know it. Besides, I have responded every time you asked for an address to return the cue. READ the auction....sale is final and no returns. I have given you the best advice possible and if you don't want to take it to Skip, the you, my friend, are the FRAUD, not I. You are asking for things and claiming stuff about the cue that you obviously know won't hold up with the cuemaker. You get a life. I am willing to request Ebay remove the feedback if you do the same with the one you keft me. Besides, you are likely to answer to the police in the next few weeks as I have filed a complaint against you for attempted fraud and defaming my name. It is up to you how you want things to proceed.

Since he states no returns and won't give me the address. I'm going to keep the cue since he dosen't seem to want it and Paypal says I can. As far as the police and all the other balony bring it on baby. I have saved every piece of e-mail and correspondance related to this transaction and the time line will show that I am totally in the right. In order to defame you must tell an untruth. I've only spoken the truth.

Does he realize that the funds have been reversed? His response makes me think he doesn't.

lenoxmjs
06-02-2006, 04:25 AM
In my last conversation with Paypal the way the lady explained it to me was. That at the end of the Auction I paid. The funds were transfered from my account to his. He immediately withdrew the funds and transfered them to an account that Paypal has no access to. I filed a claim for non reciept of merchandise. Paypal investigates and gives the seller a chance to respond to my claim for 10 days. After the 10 days of no response from the seller they attempt to refund my money from any account that he has with them. Since there wasn't any money in any of his accounts Paypal buyer protection kicks in and they (PAYPAL) refunded my money. Works kinda like an insurance policy. In a way if the cue belongs to anybody it belongs to Paypal but she told me to do with it as I pleased. He really dosen't have anything to be upset about, he got paid once already, although I would have to assume that his Paypal privliges have been suspended until he makes restitution.

cueaddicts
07-16-2006, 06:27 AM
any update on this unusual situation ???

wjpjr
07-16-2006, 08:19 AM
On the up side I got this sweetie for 1700.00 . I wouldn't take less than 3k for it.. It shoots better than it looks !!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7249847889&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

asiasdad
07-16-2006, 10:14 AM
On the up side I got this sweetie for 1700.00 . I wouldn't take less than 3k for it.. It shoots better than it looks !!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7249847889&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I know the people that you got that cue from on ebay, a very reputable dealer who may now be afraid to list anymore high end cues as this was an experiment. I've educated them that they need to set a reserve on auctions such as that one, then all they are out is the auction fees for the gamble. You did quite well, and I don't blame you for not letting it go.

asiasdad
07-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Today I notice that my feedback is no longer 100%. He left me negitive feedback saying that I falsified a claim. Not true. I waited almost 3 weeks to file and it took Paypal 10 days to decide after that. They basiclly give the seller a 10 day period to prove that the cue was shipped. I recieved my money from them the same day the cue arrived.

In his response to my feed back on him (negitive of course) he states that he has reported my to the police.

At first I wanted to do the right thing and send the man his cue back but I can't do it if he won't give me an address and why should I pay to have it shipped back to this A$$. What would you folks do?

In a case such as yours the only way you will be able to get the WORDS REMOVED on your negative feedback is to go to your local small claims court and seek a court order that orders ebay to remove the negative feedback completely as if it never existed. This information was given to me directly by ebays legal division in Salt Lake City, UT.

Otherwise, should you and the seller "agree to mutually withdraw" the negative feedback left for each other through Square Trade or some other avenue on ebay, then the little:mad: red dot will go away, however the words will remain for anyone to see. That doesn't accomplish what you are trying to do.

As for me, I've had more SNAD cue transactions as a buyer then good ones on ebay in the last year (which is a painful way to become educated with the whole ebay/paypal system), yet all the cues I've sold have received only the highest compliments in my feedback. It comes down to knowing who the sellers are, check their feedback, and stay current with AZB as these guys here all know each other, and they will help. You can see evidence of this in the amount of pages your thread has built to date.;)

As for returning the cue, you may want to use the police as "an escrow service" by shipping it to them upon obtaining their approval for such action. In this manner, you are completely held harmless by any action the seller may attempt to initiate.

lenoxmjs
07-16-2006, 04:07 PM
The update on this mess is I no longer own the cue. I traded it away to someone who changed the wrap and then traded it again. I haven't heard anymore about it from anyone and highly doubt that I will. I will get over my less than perfect feedback from this one guy. Those of you that I have done deals with here on A-Z and some other heavy hitters in the cue buying community wouldn't hesitate to do deals with me. This one transaction was the only expriance I have ever had that was unsatisfactory. Yes in the end I ended up with the cue and wasn't out any money thanks to paypal but if I could go back in time and never bid on the cue in the first place I would.

onepocketchump
07-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Lenox,
Sorry to hear about your cue buying experience. If you take a picture of the shafts and compare them to those on the auction, it will serve as a comparative frame of reference. About the ferrules and shafts, the cue was constructed in NJ and has spent alot of time is AZ. One possibility is that wood acclimated to the AZ dryness and shrunk a little. This happens frequently with alot of cues. The best thing to do here is have them adjusted locally. I don't know what to say about the condition of the finish without seeing it. The rest is speculative. What I will say is that you are not the first owner of the cue, when a cuedealer buys a cue from a cuemaker, he is the first owner. Test hitting is common, but a good dealer or at least one who is careful, will wipe the shafts down between test hits, or simply carry brown chalk. I have had shafts get blueing by keeping them in well used cases, but I can tell a new shaft vs a played shaft regardless of the degree of blueing. The other real possiblity, is that the auction was falsely advertised. In which case, thats a whole other ball of wax.

I do not believe anything that you have mentioned will fall into Skips warranty. He sold the cue to the ebay seller and as far as I know, his warranty is non transferable. But he may make some concessions.

One note about ebay auctions, if the cue appears to be any different than the pics used to advertise the auction, you have a case. In other words the cue pics show a brand new cue, no chalk on the shafts and no chalk on the tips. The auction also does not note any previous play on the cue, therefore enhancing the advertising with the pictures. I believe if you can show this difference, it's to your credit.

Joe

About the ferrules: I hve had three cue brands in my life where the ferrules stayed perfectly flush no matter what enviroment they were taken to. Tim Scruggs, Joss West and Ted Harris. Cues from these three makers have traveled the world with me, been kept in cars, in the hot back of moving trucks, in severe humidity and a lot of other things one would think are not good for cues.

I don't know what they are doing but whatever it is it works.

John

cueaddicts
07-16-2006, 07:20 PM
About the ferrules: I hve had three cue brands in my life where the ferrules stayed perfectly flush no matter what enviroment they were taken to. Tim Scruggs, Joss West and Ted Harris. Cues from these three makers have traveled the world with me, been kept in cars, in the hot back of moving trucks, in severe humidity and a lot of other things one would think are not good for cues.

I don't know what they are doing but whatever it is it works.

John

That's a couple of top-notch guys but it's probably mostly just luck. Where two materials meet that are different, with differing physical properties, expansion and contraction is bound to lead to some uneveness.

cueaddicts
07-16-2006, 07:22 PM
The update on this mess is I no longer own the cue. I traded it away to someone who changed the wrap and then traded it again. I haven't heard anymore about it from anyone and highly doubt that I will. I will get over my less than perfect feedback from this one guy. Those of you that I have done deals with here on A-Z and some other heavy hitters in the cue buying community wouldn't hesitate to do deals with me. This one transaction was the only expriance I have ever had that was unsatisfactory. Yes in the end I ended up with the cue and wasn't out any money thanks to paypal but if I could go back in time and never bid on the cue in the first place I would.

you are a solid and trustworthy individual - glad this is behind you

lenoxmjs
07-17-2006, 03:42 AM
I appreciate the kind words.

Craig Fales
07-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Looking at that guys long string of negative feedback I would've never even went near it...if their feedback is below 99.5% I usually don't touch it...however if the neg. feedback is 12 mon. or older I might reconsider as they probably have gotten the clue that it affects their sales....
________
Crazy_N_Wet live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Crazy_N_Wet)