PDA

View Full Version : Gerda on top of World

jjinfla
05-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Congrats to Gerda on receiving her BS in Science. How time flies. It just seems like yesterday the news was that Gerda was dropping off the WPBA full time circuit to persue her degree and now she has graduated.

I hope she thanks all her true friends who urged her to complete her studies.

A fine role model to all the upcoming pool players. Especially the ones who have both the ability and the opportunity to earn a degree.

I don't know how she received a BS in Science when she studied business. A double major?

Which triumph was more enjoyable for her? Recieving her degree, or defeating Earl at the KOTH? Of course her degree will last a lifetime. Defeating Earl was only a moment's pleasure. And besides, probably all of her friends in academia would say, "Earl who?"

A job well done by Gerda. Now she can find a position with KT.

Jake

sjm
05-13-2006, 07:06 AM
A fine role model to all the upcoming pool players. Especially the ones who have both the ability and the opportunity to earn a degree.

I don't know how she received a BS in Science when she studied business. A double major?

Yes, Gerda is worthy of great commendation. She set her mind to this worthy achievement, and, as you suggest, she is a true role model, especially to those that regret not going to college. It's never too late in life to further your education.

A BS degree is a Bachelor of Science. I doubt that Gerda earned a "Bachelor of Science in Science." I also hold a Bachelor of Science degree, but it's a Bachelor of Science in Economics degree, which I earned when I studied business as an undergraduate more than a few years ago.

Wishing Gerda every possible success.

Jigger
05-13-2006, 07:51 AM

What a classy lady Gerda is. I'm impressed at her earning her business degree with a busy schedule like hers. Not an easy chore but should really pay off for a charming lady like Gerda. I understand the degree is "BS Business" which means Bachelor of Science - Business Leadership/Management.

She's an excellent overall athlete, ie golf, skiing, tennis, you name it. Easy to believe by just watching her move around the table - ooohhhhh! My standing offer for dinner and drinks and maybe even pool still remains Gerda. ;) Luv the accent too. Congrats to you G-Force!

P.S.: Graduated from NYU, with honors

9 Ball Girl
05-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Gerda is also going to be moving down to North Carolina.

pooltchr
05-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Gerda is also going to be moving down to North Carolina.

I didn't know that. I guess this is the place for the WPBA to be. Let's see, we already have Allison Fisher, Kelly Fisher, Val Finnie, Kim Shaw, Tiffany Nelson, Kelly Oyama all living in the Charlotte area. Oh yeah, Ewa not too far away in Conway SC, and now another one joining us. There's just something about "Carolina Girls"!
Congrats to GH for this fine accomplishment!
Steve

Nostroke
05-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Congrats to Gerda on receiving her BS in Science. How time flies. It just seems like yesterday the news was that Gerda was dropping off the WPBA full time circuit to persue her degree and now she has graduated.

I hope she thanks all her true friends who urged her to complete her studies.

Which triumph was more enjoyable for her? Recieving her degree, or defeating Earl at the KOTH? Of course her degree will last a lifetime. Defeating Earl was only a moment's pleasure. And besides, probably all of her friends in academia would say, "Earl who?"

A job well done by Gerda. Now she can find a position with KT.

Jake

Congtrats to Gerda but as far as dropping off the WPBA Tour, she never really did that. If she missed two tournaments the last 4 years id be surprised.