PDA

View Full Version : looking for lessons in central NJ.

degenrat
05-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I am looking to step up my game some and i would like to take lessons.

Can anyone provide me with a good teacher in the area? i play mostly bar pool in leagues(apa6 in 9 ball, 5-6 in 8 ball), but get to the hall as much as i can.

Looking to really step up to the games of straight pool and 1 pocket.

Thanks a ton in advance

Barbara
05-13-2006, 11:28 AM
What aspect of your game are you trying to improve? Where in central NJ are you located?

Barbara

degenrat
05-13-2006, 11:43 AM
mechanics foremost. I shoot almost exclusivy on feel.

Secondarily, i want to learn more abou the game(s)(9 ball, SP and 1p. Next pattern play, defensive shots, kicking systems.

And i am located in middlesex county but i work in bedmister so my travel area is fairly wide:)

cgriffin5
05-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Tood Flietman gives lessons at PJ's Billiards in Linded, NJ. Its not too far but its not close either. Todd knows a ton and has taught a ton of great players.

Barbara
05-13-2006, 12:03 PM
mechanics foremost. I shoot almost exclusivy on feel.

Secondarily, i want to learn more abou the game(s)(9 ball, SP and 1p. Next pattern play, defensive shots, kicking systems.

And i am located in middlesex county but i work in bedmister so my travel area is fairly wide:)

Well for mechanics I would recommend Dawn Hopkins. She really straightened out my stroke several years ago and she's very reasonable as far as instructors go. She's very well spoken as an instructor, too.

Then you've got Allen there and who better to learn some 1p from?

However, they're both out in Vegas now so I'll send you a pm.

Barbara

junior718
05-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Al Lapena gives good lessons in that area. He mostly plays at Prime Time and PJ's.

degenrat
05-14-2006, 04:19 AM
I responded to all PM's. Thanks a ton guys. Any more input is appreciated.