PDA

View Full Version : Would you be willing to wear your hair like this?

BillPorter
05-14-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm about half-way through scanning 500 negatives sent to me by Mike Haines. Here's one I wanted to share with all the Buddy Hall fans out there.:)

Barbara
05-14-2006, 10:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Barbara

lewdo26
05-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Sure. I HAD a fro for a long time during my teens. Those were the days... Now you're making me into even more of a Buddy fan than I was. If that's possible.

SlateHumper
05-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Only if I was trying out for the lead roll in Annie

Harvywallbanger
05-14-2006, 12:39 PM
By the looks of his fingers I would say he was smoking to much.:p

rackmsuckr
05-14-2006, 12:43 PM
I didn't know Carrot Top played pool! Thanks for the great picture, Bill.

Masayoshi
05-14-2006, 12:46 PM
i have something of a fro right now cause i just woke up, but im sure as hell not going outside until i get it fixed:p

Hunter
05-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't know why, but when I saw that picture, I had this strange urge to order a Happy Meal :D !

BillPorter
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't know why, but when I saw that picture, I had this strange urge to order a Happy Meal :D !
You are BAD, Hunter!:p

woodyosborne
05-14-2006, 02:38 PM
yeah in the 70 somethings i had one, my older brother had one; our younger brother(in air force 24 years) had one unintentionally(without trying). my college roommate had one(bigger by far than all the bro's around!) we are all caucasian.
sawa lot of fro's abck then- still don't lnow what to do with my hair!

PoolSleuth
05-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Look like a Nick V of Yester Year...

i_maycotte
05-14-2006, 03:38 PM
My dad would ask which light socket he stuck his finger into.

hemicudas
05-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I think we all looked like that at one time, Bill. Some of you guys might remember this guy with the same hair cut.

BillPorter
05-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I think we all looked like that at one time, Bill. Some of you guys might remember this guy with the same hair cut.
That can't be Larry Hubbard??? Can it?????

jay helfert
05-14-2006, 07:29 PM
That can't be Larry Hubbard??? Can it?????

That's James Christopher from Texas.

Now, what do I win? lol

jay helfert
05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm about half-way through scanning 500 negatives sent to me by Mike Haines. Here's one I wanted to share with all the Buddy Hall fans out there.:)

When Buddy looked like that in the 70's, he was one of the two or three best players in the world. He might have played the most picture perfect, textbook 9-Ball ever back then. The only player I ever saw with such accurate, exact position was Lassiter (and Luther actually got closer to the object ball).

Don Watson played that same easy tight position as Luther. They made the game look so easy. Richie was a greater shotmaker (because he got out of line at least once a rack), and Denny could do things with the Cue ball using English that I've never seen before or since.

But Buddy could shoot that perfect game of 9-Ball, rack after rack, all day and night and never wither. It was a little hard to fade if you were on the receiving end. If Buddy did play Denny back then, I would say that was close to a draw. I will ask him again next time I see him. I feel like he must have played Richie and Denny at least once or twice.

My recollection is that in the 70's Buddy was acknowledged as the best 9-Ball money player. Sigel wanted no part of him (Hubbart would not allow it).

hemicudas
05-14-2006, 08:37 PM
That's James Christopher from Texas.

Now, what do I win? lol

That indeed would be, James Christopher, Jay and the first round is on me is the best I can do for a prize. I'll be at the "Southern Jamboree" in Starkville, Miss. the weekend of July 1st if you would like to collect. Tons of action expected with the likes of Lil Jon and New Orleans' own Gerald "Humphrey" Huber in attendance. Any of you guys who would like to bet it up be sure to be there.

ATH
05-14-2006, 08:43 PM
It's a reminder that not everything was better in before!:D

smittie1984
05-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Good gosh. Pool must of been a rough sport back in those days.

I'm 21 now but I know that if I can somehow manage to live longer I'm going to regret all those pictures I have had taken of me. Especially with the internet and all.

catscradle
05-15-2006, 04:16 AM

Good thing he shot pool better than he picked hair styles. ;) :D