PDA

View Full Version : Ike Runnels

rackmsuckr
05-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Had dinner with Ike. He ran a mini-Q for the IPT on bar boxes. A good playing kid won it, named Josh.

Talked to Allison Fisher and Kristy Carter, Carol Clark, Belinda Campos, Marney Teague, Maryanne McConnell, Austin Murphy and his family, Stan Tournangeau, Tyler Eydie and Joanne Ashton (twinless this year for the first time) who also took 7/8th in SD with us, Cathy Metzinger, and others I can't think of now.

I met Vagabond, Breakup, and spent some time with Eydie. Good times with good people!

I played late last night, hard against a woman from Spain. She played great and I was grinding and tied it at 4 all. Then the wheels fell off the bus. I essentially scratched on the 8 on the next 3 games! :eek: Just brutal, or as Santos says, "Broo Tall". I think I missed one ball the entire set. Had a miscue and a couple hard rolls that she left, but she or I basically were running out or playing safes.

I play again at 10:30 tonight (I play a former teammate of mine) so I have a bunch of fun, relaxing stuff planned. We are in a condo, away from the main pool action right now and it is nice. Only bad part is we are on dialup. Of course, the Riv internet service that I had yesterday stunk and I could not upload my Efren pciture yesterday and I eventually got a refund after being on tech support 3 times. Almost makes up for the $10 bowl of chicken noodle soup with no noodles from room service yesterday, lol.

When and if I get knocked out, I might play in the "second chance tournament", <heavy sarcasm> in the Grand Master division. What the heck. That's what I came here for, to play. And eventually, I will probably hit the mini-tournaments, the slot machines, the speed pool and artistic pool (got 2nd last year in both) and gamble a little. Oh, and the pool and jacuzzi, shopping, shows, and sweating some of the pro action, etc.

My daughter called and said she was buying me a ticket to see Celine Dion for Mother's Day. I love Celine's voice and that is a nice present for me. I have a wonderful kid(s), though I doubt the other one even knows it is Mother's Day, lol. His girlfriend did text message me a Happy MD message though.

Having a good time, wish you were here, lol.

Varney Cues
05-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Ask Ike if he knows Randy Feaster from the Charlotte area.
Tell Allie I said hello.

renard
05-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the rundown Linda. Sounds like your having a great time. I will be there for the VNEA later this month. Also It looks like next year I will be in the BCA for the first time as the first BCA league has opened up shop in our local area!