PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Province of Quebec??

phjunky
05-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I wondered if there was some people from the province of quebec. I know that Jimbojim is, he's actually my pool pal. But i'd love to know if there is other people on that forum. We could meet and play.

Jimbojim
05-15-2006, 11:06 PM
good luck finding someone one my good friend.

Tecknikal
05-16-2006, 05:16 AM
im from there .. :P Well im in the Outaouais region :D wich is down south on the map of quebec !

Where you located ?! Nevermind , i just saw MTL :P Il'l be up there often when the new FQSB season start ! What's your speed ? rated yet ?

Purdman
05-16-2006, 06:24 AM
I lived in Montreal back in 1972 thru 1977. Wild town back in the days. I still have to get back to the Royal Suite in the Ritz Carlton on Sherbrook. I left a chillium full of hash in the fireplace. It is up in there a ways. Quebec City is also a great towm. Wonderful food in bloth cities.
Purdman:D

I would love to go back for a visit!

Tecknikal
05-16-2006, 07:20 AM
I lived in Montreal back in 1972 thru 1977. Wild town back in the days. I still have to get back to the Royal Suite in the Ritz Carlton on Sherbrook. I left a chillium full of hash in the fireplace. It is up in there a ways. Quebec City is also a great towm. Wonderful food in bloth cities.

I would love to go back for a visit!

Let us know if you ever get back here , so we can meet up and have a couple of game !

Mtl is still a crazy town with crazy women :P

Chris
05-16-2006, 07:49 AM
I wondered if there was some people from the province of quebec.

I think most French Canadians are from Quebec. :D

JIGS
05-16-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm from the Outaouais also...
I will be up in montreal playing in the Canadian 8-ball Championships in Sept.

Christine :)

sniper
05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Lots of great players from Quebec, the other members on the board from Quebec I can think of are Thierre Layani (sp?) and PROPOOLPLAYER....Leonard was his name.

Tecknikal
05-16-2006, 09:12 AM
JIGS : Christine Gauth.. ? Am i right ? Ohh and G'Luck on the 8 Ball Champ .. i would love to try it out , just need to get some $$ before august !

And Thierry is a great cue maker and a pretty good player too !

Purdman
05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Let us know if you ever get back here , so we can meet up and have a couple of game !

Mtl is still a crazy town with crazy women :P

Well, they got rid of the Playboy Club on Mountain. I hear they have changed all the street names to French. You are correct, the ugly women in Quebec look good. I use to live at Dorchester and McGuy, downtown. Spent a lot of time hanging around the Hotel Nelson. Caught some great music in a little club called In Concert. I also miss the smoked meat sandwiches and the smoked octopus I use to get at a little Greek carry out. Also used to go to a restaurant called The Muserka (sp) for the cheese and meat blintzes. You all got some wonderful food up there.

JIGS
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks Tecknikal.. I'll try my luck at 8-ball and see how it goes...
And yes you have the right Christine... :)

Christine

Tecknikal
05-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks Tecknikal.. I'll try my luck at 8-ball and see how it goes...
And yes you have the right Christine... :)

Christine

Yep , get the more pratice you can before the tourney .. if you want on thursday night , me and Steve G will be at Super 8 on Maloney blv , if you want to join and have a couple of game , your welcome !

Jimbojim
05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
im from there .. :P Well im in the Outaouais region :D wich is down south on the map of quebec !

Where you located ?! Nevermind , i just saw MTL :P Il'l be up there often when the new FQSB season start ! What's your speed ? rated yet ?

im not rated yet and neither phjunky. We intend to get into FQSB in august.
We are poolpals:)

I have been told that I could be a C, B an even A player....so I'm going to get rated by a third person because its too confusing for now. :confused:

Tecknikal
05-17-2006, 05:05 AM
im not rated yet and neither phjunky. We intend to get into FQSB in august.
We are poolpals:)

I have been told that I could be a C, B an even A player....so I'm going to get rated by a third person because its too confusing for now. :confused:

Lol i see that's call consistency :P Pratice make better , best way is to get someone who's better then you and preatice with him .. or put a little money on the line so you don't have the choice to do your best ! well if you ever get down in the Outaouais region , let me know , so we can meet and and have a couple of game !

Jimbojim
05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Lol i see that's call consistency :P Pratice make better , best way is to get someone who's better then you and preatice with him .. or put a little money on the line so you don't have the choice to do your best ! well if you ever get down in the Outaouais region , let me know , so we can meet and and have a couple of game !

I practice a lot since the beginning of 2006. I am getting better. I need to change my cue(shaft is in graphite and I don't like it...I tried a Layani the other day....felt like paradise on wood), practice straight-in shots, slow down my tempo and that will raise my game level.

phjunky
05-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Il'l be up there often when the new FQSB season start ! What's your speed ? rated yet ?

Let me know when u'll be around Montreal area. We could shoot some pool together :) and about the rate, what's yours? For how long have you been in the FQSB?

(i think i should have said : from Pronvince of Quebec, hey? instead of "from THE province of Quebec?!) lol