PDA

View Full Version : The simple things

erikido
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I found a very simple tip for improving(at least in my case) consistency. I found that just grabbing a glass of water for a match has done me wonders. While the other player is playing I can just take a few sips of water to help keep my cool. It also takes my mind away from what the other person is doing. Then once they have missed, chalked up after their shot, cussed, threw their cue, and finally sat down I can take another final drink and step to the table with no thought of all the other stuff that is going on except for what I have to do at the table.

DougT
05-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Yep, this tip has done well for me during pressure matches at tournaments. Really helps keep me from rushing to the table to shoot, getting focus, and keeping in my rhythem.

Another simple tip for me is to remember that winning is not how many great shots I make, but how many simple shots I do not miss. Make ALL the simple ones, and I have improved my game immensely.
DougT

zcat27
05-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Yep, this tip has done well for me during pressure matches at tournaments. Really helps keep me from rushing to the table to shoot, getting focus, and keeping in my rhythem.

Another simple tip for me is to remember that winning is not how many great shots I make, but how many simple shots I do not miss. Make ALL the simple ones, and I have improved my game immensely.
DougT

Excellent way to look at it. Your perception of things really makes a difference.

Harvywallbanger
05-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Exactly right! Make all the ones you should make and your on your way to a good set.