PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call - VNEA VEGAS 2006

Stixnballs
05-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Who is going to be out in Vegas for the VNEA. I would like to meet some new people fom the forum. I will be out there from the 25th through the 4th. Feel free to look me up or email he and we can meet. I will have my laptop with me.

Playing Open Singles 8 ball & 9 Ball
Open Team: Over the Top

hope to see some of you in Vegas.....let the countdown begin...8 days for me.......:D

time_is_now
05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Who is going to be out in Vegas for the VNEA. I would like to meet some new people fom the forum. I will be out there from the 25th through the 4th. Feel free to look me up or email he and we can meet. I will have my laptop with me.

Playing Open Singles 8 ball & 9 Ball
Open Team: Over the Top

hope to see some of you in Vegas.....let the countdown begin...8 days for me.......:D
i will be there...singles and team...open team...grinders from south dakota

SpinDoctor
05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I'll be there from the 29th on. Look me up if you if you get the urge.

Open Master's Team division
Team name: Rosario's Barbox Bullies

Cya there,
Todd

renard
05-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I fly in on the 28th and leave the 4th. I'm just going for the team event. At least thats the plan. Even though the flight is paid for and the reservations at the Riv are in order theres a chance I won't be able to go. My wife is still having complications from her surgery. If these complications are cleared up I'm on my way.

Open Team Name: Warped
Ohio

renard
05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Stixnballs, Spindoctor, and Time is now. How many times have you guys been to Vegas previously with the VNEA?

SpinDoctor
05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I've been to the VNEA about 10 times, give or take. This will be my last year, although I've had some great success over the years it has just lost its appeal. I just want to finish off with a bang and get one more team trophy and then pack it in, hoping it works out because this is the best team I've ever fielded for the tourney and I've already got a gold and a silver....but pool is a funny game sometimes.

renard
05-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I've been to the VNEA about 10 times, give or take. This will be my last year, although I've had some great success over the years it has just lost its appeal. I just want to finish off with a bang and get one more team trophy and then pack it in, hoping it works out because this is the best team I've ever fielded for the tourney and I've already got a gold and a silver....but pool is a funny game sometimes.

The best I have ever finished was 64th in the open. I have only been twice the latest was last year the other was in 2000. The teams I play with seem to have the uncanny knack for losing against teams who finish high.

It really ends up being a runout war with a devestating break holding sway. Our team had 27 runouts last year but our break went dry in our losses.

To play in the masters and finish as high as you have that must seem paltry in comparision. You gotta be proud of those accomplishments. Do me a favor and all AZer's, go grab yourself another Gold!

I'll look for you out there Spindoctor just look for the guy that shoots below your level. Oh, that might be quite a few huh...anyway I'll look for the team name and table. Take care.

Wayner
05-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi All,

Open Masters Team: H2O Grumpy Old Men

I could not agree more with you Todd, Very Good team you have going
to the VNEA...heres hoping you do well...you will have all my support ( unless
we are playing each other and then I will be hoping for great play).
Would be awesome to meet you in the final.
Have a safe trip and I will see you there
Wayner

Stixnballs
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
This will be my 2md year. I have been previous with APA and BCA

last year finsih 64 in 9-ball but could not stay for teams. this year I am in for the duration

renard
05-19-2006, 01:44 PM
This is great guy's. So far its:
Stixnballs
Spindoctor
Time is Now
Renard
Wayner

By the way Stixnballs what's the name of your team and what state are you from?

By the way this picture is my likeness, but I cut my hair with a high n tight Marine haircut.

Stixnballs
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I posted at the top......but i would be happy to post again.......

I am from Florida, Team Name: Over the Top

also playing 8 and 9 ball singles - open division

renard
05-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Stixnballs don't mind me...I'm a 1d10t today!

nineballplayer1
05-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I will be there from May 28-June 4th. Playing in the team event.

SpinDoctor
05-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Howdy Wayner,

Didn't know that you trolled around here. I'm hoping that we can make it a 1/2 Edmonton showing...nothing would be better than having to match up with you guys AGAIN, must have played your team 20 times in the last 3 years through normal league play. I've always thought that if we couldn't win that I'd like to have another local team take it down.

Have a good trip down, first round of drinks is on me.

Todd

renard
05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Nineballplayer1 whats your team name and what State are you from?

renard
05-21-2006, 12:35 PM
bump, bump, bump

Stixnballs
05-22-2006, 04:52 AM
BUMP as Well.......leaving thursday....3 days and counting.....

renard
06-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Well I didn't get to see any AZers out at the VNEA Vegas Championships.

Just to let you guys know my team (Warped) finished 25th thru 32nd in the open. We had to play 10 matches I believe (give or take a few.) Had a great time. The toughest team we played was the first one we played. I'll call my brother a get a list of the teams we played and where they were from (he saved the score sheets.) Maybe you guys know of these teams.

Also got to pick Jerry Breisath's brain a little. He paid me a compliment and at the same time a little constructive critiscism on my stroke. Now I've got more to work on.

I got in dead stroke in 2 matches which was very fun. My break was failing me early on and I corrected the problem with practice. But only to have the pool gods carom a squatted whitey twice for a scratch on the break!

randyg
06-05-2006, 02:02 PM
25-32 is the same place my team (Texas Express) finished. What a great time....randyg

satman
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
25-32 is the same place my team (Texas Express) finished. What a great time....randyg
The team I normally play with from Indiana placed in the 25-32 spot in the open too. I played in the intermediate with a team from Indianapolis and we placed 13-16. We got beat the first round by a team from Michigan that had my friend Tim Roberts on it. A very good team and I thought would be worst possible draw we could get for the first round. Boy was I wrong.
We win 3 matches in the loser's side to get back to the re-draw and the first team we play has Jesse Bowman, Josh Johnson and Tommy Hernandez. The other 2 players Lupe, and Shane were also great players and they dumped us back to the loser's bracket.
Our next match went all the way to final game and we lost that one to finish us off.
I managed a 7th place finish in the Intermediate 9 ball only losing to the guys who finished 1st and 2nd.
Lot's of fun as usual and already looking forward to next year.
Congratulations to everyone who went and played this year. Sam

renard
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Well Satman and RandyG have chimmed in. Now I'm wondering how Stixnballs,
Spindoctor,Time is Now, and Wayner did in thier respected divisions.

By the way Randy congrats! All our losses where morning matches except for one. We played so flat. Break was working against us, failed runouts, missing easy balls. Talk about a nightmare!

But the wins were nice beating teams by 68, 43, and 32 balls. We could do no wrong, impossible looking shots seemed routine!

Damn Satman, sounds like you did pretty good. How large was the field in the intermediate? I know the open had 539 teams. Stepping up to the intermediate with names like those you had to be pumped!

SpinDoctor
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Howdy all,

I didn't meet any of the AZ folks either for some reason. My team finished in the 7/8 spot in the master's division...won one match, lost to the eventual winners and then went to the b-side only to draw the team we beat the first round and they got their revenge. I didn't play in the singles, but I did manage to finish 2nd in the speed pool grand finale, losing to Francisco Diaz from Spain...won a Valley table for that, but my legs STILL hurt from all that running. I have to say that after everything that I've done playing pool, the grand finale of the speed pool was BY FAR the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever had playing this game. Was a fun way to go out for me though, guns blazing and sweating like a pig after running through 15 racks of speed pool in about 20 minutes on friday night.

Maybe I'll get the chance to meet you all at the VNEA well in the future, but for now I'm officially done with leagues for a while.

Todd

((On a sidenote, Wayner's team finished 3rd in the Masters division losing a couple of very close matches near the end.))

brock
06-06-2006, 02:27 AM
who won the boat, and the gameroom?????randy, you staying for the acs??? i didnt met any yall either???

brock
06-06-2006, 02:32 AM
what was your time spindoc, i watched the guy trying to break the record, 10 racks in 8 minute or so, never did find out the time he needed to break, but he tried bout 6 maybe 7 times in a row!!!!!!

randyg
06-06-2006, 05:56 AM
who won the boat, and the gameroom?????randy, you staying for the acs??? i didnt met any yall either???

Brock: No I'm back in Dallas. I've got Pool School booked until Sept. Summer is always a great time for us. Don't forget, you have a free refresher, just check in with me.....SPF-randyg

satman
06-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Well Satman and RandyG have chimmed in. Now I'm wondering how Stixnballs,
Spindoctor,Time is Now, and Wayner did in thier respected divisions.

By the way Randy congrats! All our losses where morning matches except for one. We played so flat. Break was working against us, failed runouts, missing easy balls. Talk about a nightmare!

But the wins were nice beating teams by 68, 43, and 32 balls. We could do no wrong, impossible looking shots seemed routine!

Damn Satman, sounds like you did pretty good. How large was the field in the intermediate? I know the open had 539 teams. Stepping up to the intermediate with names like those you had to be pumped!
I got moved into the Masters division after getting 3rd in 2000 in the 8ball singles {around 1300 players}. Then when they started the intermediate division they moved me back to it. Next year I go back to the masters.
I've always loved playing with the top guys. I've had the good fortune to get to play pool with some of the best players and win or lose, I can always say I got to play. Not that I like getting beat. I was pretty upset losing in the One pocket at DCC to Ralf Souquet. I now owe him for beating me twice. A new goal, revenge. Just kidding. I'll play a little safer on him next time. Sam

SpinDoctor
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey Brock,

I qualified for the final 8 with a time of about 48 seconds which placed me about 4th if I recall correctly. The boat was won by Francisco Diaz from Spain, he beat me 4-1 in the final to win it...the runner-up prize was a Valley table.

Todd

brock
06-06-2006, 11:27 AM
great shooting, i think someone said to break the record he needed to averge around 40 seconds a rack but i am not sure if that is right. 48 seconds is a great time. so 1st won the boat and you won the table. i did not watch the speed pool finals, because the master finals i think were playing so i was in the finals area. i had a great time, yall Canadians made a great showing. i was meeting people from all over the world. Brock

renard
06-06-2006, 04:03 PM
So you made it out there Brock? How did your team do? This was my 3rd thime out there.

The first time was in 2000. We were knocked out and got in the hardluck tournament. We ran over everyone by at least 20 balls with only one team playing us to the wire. We are then playing for the championship against a so-so team. We have 3 runouts to there zero and with 3 games remaining we have a 22 ball lead. We didn't get to shoot. Three straight runouts. That so-so team stepped up and took the champoinship.

Last year we had the luck of playing a team called "chapter 11" twice and I believe the finished in the top 12. Everytime in came down to the last two games and they prevailed. Another team called "Crossroads" out of Illinios also beat us in aclose match. We finished in 64th thru catagory. But we were a put together team from the same vending league. No chemistry at all, and some didn't play anywhere close to the level the did in regular league play.

This year as in 2000 our whole team came out. Though there is a wide age gap in players we played well all year except for the state tournament. We traded 4-1 victories with another team in our league called, "Whoda thought." They ended up finishing 5-6 at Vegas this year in the open.

brock
06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
i am living in Vegas, so i get to go to all the pool they have at the Riv.i do not play league, because of the way i work i might be working alot of hours or i might have to go work on the other side of the country. i did get to move 261 diamond tables and lights out after BCA so Valley could move in their 261 tables and put them in the same place. ACS starts this Thuresday, so more pool all night long. i love living in Vegas mostly because of the pool, ever place with tables stays open 24 hours.

almer
06-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Howdy all,

I didn't meet any of the AZ folks either for some reason. My team finished in the 7/8 spot in the master's division...won one match, lost to the eventual winners and then went to the b-side only to draw the team we beat the first round and they got their revenge. I didn't play in the singles, but I did manage to finish 2nd in the speed pool grand finale, losing to Francisco Diaz from Spain...won a Valley table for that, but my legs STILL hurt from all that running. I have to say that after everything that I've done playing pool, the grand finale of the speed pool was BY FAR the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever had playing this game. Was a fun way to go out for me though, guns blazing and sweating like a pig after running through 15 racks of speed pool in about 20 minutes on friday night.

Maybe I'll get the chance to meet you all at the VNEA well in the future, but for now I'm officially done with leagues for a while.

Todd

((On a sidenote, Wayner's team finished 3rd in the Masters division losing a couple of very close matches near the end.))
We got 7-8 in the open,was i correct in seeing there were only 10 teams in the masters?

SpinDoctor
06-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure whether it was 10 or 11 teams in the masters, but yeah it was one of those 2. Every year the masters division is a short but very tough field, most of the players break off attempting to win the intermediate instead.

renard
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
We got 7-8 in the open,was i correct in seeing there were only 10 teams in the masters?

Almer what was your teams name and where are you from?

almer
06-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Almer what was your teams name and where are you from?
Our team is come get some

RobertR
06-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure whether it was 10 or 11 teams in the masters, but yeah it was one of those 2. Every year the masters division is a short but very tough field, most of the players break off attempting to win the intermediate instead.

It was 11 teams. It's a shame the field doesn't grow every year, there is nothing like playing in the masters teams event. It's about as close to the Mosconi Cup that I will ever come. :)

Todd, it was great meeting you out there and congratulations on your speed pool accomplishment. I have you at even money to win the boat next year.

Wayner, nice seeing you again as well, give my best to Bill and tell him I hope to seem him there next year so I can get a shot at some revenge.

Robert Rodriguez
Team Doom, CO

SpinDoctor
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey Robert,

Congrats on the Master's win, your whole crew played great in every match I saw. I'm sure you guys will snap off a few more in the future if you keep playing that strong. As for me and the boat next year, not very likely considering that I'm making that tourney in Vegas my last event playing league but you never know what happens, I may come back at some point.

Either way it was a blast even though your team dropped us like a toilet seat, damn dry breaks....*grumble*mumble*. Nice handle here btw, not likely that anyone would enjoy givin ya the 8.

Hit em good,

Todd