PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Turning Stone?

Badbeat13
09-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Just wondering how many AZers will be there. I'm going for the first time. I'm looking forward to meeting at least 3 members for the first time( Greg Antonakos, Chris Bartram, and Cleiton Rocha). I think Mike Howerton and Jerry Forsyth may be there, too. Just wondering what other members are going so I can introduce myself.

Thanks and I hope to see you there, Jerry

pocketspeed
09-08-2013, 02:01 AM
i'll be there. u r not going to be disappointed. its an awesome venue. u can really get up close to the action. its free. its the best venue I have ever seen for a tourney. and even though the world cup of pool is stepping on the event u will still see some great players. I am looking forward to seeing Earl play in person again. when he is on, he is magic to watch play 9ball. mike zuglan really puts on a great tourney.

brian-not a paid spokesman (but maybe I should be...)

AzHousePro
09-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Yup, Jerry and I will be there. Just don't get between us and the oatmeal raisin cookies.

:)

Dunnn51
09-08-2013, 05:00 AM
I plan to make it on Sunday. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive for me but i'll be going for the 1st time. Didn't work out for me last year.

ideologist
09-08-2013, 05:05 AM
I really want to, but I am in another tourney that weekend. If I get knocked out, then maybe Sunday. :)

putt-putt44
09-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Dennis Hatch Will Win it This Year,!!!

Johnnyt
09-08-2013, 07:31 AM
This is a real weak field for this event. What's going on? ABP not playing because it's not seeded? Johnnyt

RunoutJJ
09-08-2013, 07:52 AM
I will be there thursday morning early warming up. I will be wearing a black shirt with RunoutJJ in red on the front left pocket. 3 ball with DJ headphones on the back. Stop by and say high. I wont be around after 1 oclock if i dont get in. If i dont see yoi have fun. Its an outstanding tournament!!

Majic
09-08-2013, 07:59 AM
This is a real weak field for this event. What's going on? ABP not playing because it's not seeded? Johnnyt

they are resting in retirement.

liakos
09-08-2013, 08:39 AM
they are resting in retirement.

As phunny az that sounds,,,, your probably right;)

Delusional
09-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I can't wait. I love this event. This will be my 5th one. Been practicing like crazy.

real bartram
09-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Just wondering how many AZers will be there. I'm going for the first time. I'm looking forward to meeting at least 3 members for the first time( Greg Antonakos, Chris Bartram, and Cleiton Rocha). I think Mike Howerton and Jerry Forsyth may be there, too. Just wondering what other members are going so I can introduce myself.

Thanks and I hope to see you there, Jerry

Come up and say hi

SUPERSTAR
09-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Yup, Jerry and I will be there. Just don't get between us and the oatmeal raisin cookies.

BACK OFF MAN!!!
I got dibs.

Badbeat13
09-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Them must be some good cookies Mike. I'll stay out of your way...lol.

obclassicut
09-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Them must be some good cookies Mike. I'll stay out of your way...lol.

the 15th is the last day? turningstone ny?

Badbeat13
09-08-2013, 06:44 PM

Weak field? No

Weak field for Turning Stone? Yes

Possible reasons more big names aren't in it. Not a points event for MC this time around, some pros didn't get their money in on time, one poster mentioned a world event that may be happening at the same time, travel and expenses, etc.

I think it will still be a great event. There are still several big names in it, just not as many as usual.

Badbeat13
09-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I will be there thursday morning early warming up. I will be wearing a black shirt with RunoutJJ in red on the front left pocket. 3 ball with DJ headphones on the back. Stop by and say high. I wont be around after 1 oclock if i dont get in. If i dont see yoi have fun. Its an outstanding tournament!!

10 4. Good luck getting in, maybe they'll be a few no shows.

Badbeat13
09-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Come up and say hi

I'll say hi for sure Chris, maybe hit a few balls with you, and then we'll probably draw each other in the 1st round....lol

Sloppy Pockets
09-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I'll be there with my wife for at least Saturday and Sunday, maybe longer if she can get off work for a couple days.

Ktown D
09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I'll say hi for sure Chris, maybe hit a few balls with you, and then we'll probably draw each other in the 1st round....lol

Good luck up there, sounds like you will have a fun time.

Badbeat13
09-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Good luck up there, sounds like you will have a fun time.

Thanks big D. I'm sure it'll be great. I think it's 800 miles from here and will be the longest trip I've ever taken for a tournament. The wife is going so I'll be a little more tame than usual....lofl. No drinking, no gambling, no fun, etc. Just kidding of course, it's not that bad.