PDA

View Full Version : schon sl10 deal?

poolguppy
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Know a guy selling a schon "level 4" sl10 cue, comes with 2 314 shafts, 1 Z shaft, and the original schon shaft, in a large case for 850...seems like a good buy? always wanted to try a schon, and I have shot with the predator shafts and like those, anyone have one of these or have come across them?

Lumocolor
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm far from an expert but i see that a SL10 sold on Ebay last month for under $400+shipping, i guess it depends on if you value the 3 pred shafts at $450.

poolguppy
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm far from an expert but i see that a SL10 sold on Ebay last month for under $400+shipping, i guess it depends on if you value the 3 pred shafts at $450.

ouch, when I looked on ay I couldn't find any completed listings for one, but one on now with 6 days left for 405 and a couple bids. I saw some a billiards blue book that priced it a lot higher but seems those are pretty different from market value

hang-the-9
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM
If you count the shaft cost and a case, $850 sounds like exactly market value, but no bargain. It's a fair buy if they cue with one shaft sells for $400 with no other shafts or case. If you want a bargain, talk him down a $100 or so. Or offer $500 for the cue + original shaft (you'd want that for value) and 1 Predator shaft if you already have a case. If you compete in tournaments and want a backup shaft if your tip flies off or something, add another $100 or 120. I'm guessing you already have a case.

If you start with "I already have a case and don't need so many shafts" he may start to lower the price himself unless he has others interested in the thing.

Lumocolor
09-09-2013, 03:23 PM
ouch, when I looked on ay I couldn't find any completed listings for one, but one on now with 6 days left for 405 and a couple bids. I saw some a billiards blue book that priced it a lot higher but seems those are pretty different from market value

This is the one i saw. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHON-Custom-Cue-1999-Model-With-Joe-Porper-2-X-4-Cue-Case-/261255315390

I read the description more closely and it looks like it has a couple of big chips which is probably why it went for so little. $850 in good shape with 3 pred shafts and a case is probably a good deal.

poolguppy
09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
If you count the shaft cost and a case, $850 sounds like exactly market value, but no bargain. It's a fair buy if they cue with one shaft sells for $400 with no other shafts or case. If you want a bargain, talk him down a $100 or so. Or offer $500 for the cue + original shaft (you'd want that for value) and 1 Predator shaft if you already have a case. If you compete in tournaments and want a backup shaft if your tip flies off or something, add another $100 or 120. I'm guessing you already have a case.

If you start with "I already have a case and don't need so many shafts" he may start to lower the price himself unless he has others interested in the thing.

I'll give that a shot, show him ebay adds of it going nowhere near his "850 without extra shafts" figure. I have a case but I do want a larger one, if he'll do 700 for everything i'll probably grab it:thumbup: